What's new

Warner Bros. Movie World AU | DC Rivals HyperCoaster | Mack

Lofty

CF Legend
There are brackets on the first hill for trims. Knowing how Mack like to tone down their thrill coasters, and how it hauls over the first hill, it could happen.
You do realise it's not just the manufacturers that decide to 'tone down' coasters? The park also have a large say in it. The manufacturer will give their client the option of trim brakes and put them into the budget and design, then both the company and manufacturer can decide at the time of testing (and even later) if they desire to trim it or not.

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster
You do realise it's not just the manufacturers that decide to 'tone down' coasters? The park also have a large say in it. The manufacturer will give their client the option of trim brakes and put them into the budget and design, then both the company and manufacturer can decide at the time of testing (and even later) if they desire to trim it or not.

I know this is off-topic, but does this mean the Flash clone coming to Turkey next year could very well not have the hearbreaking trims?

EDIT: Might as well post the lastest testing pics to get myself back on-topic :p

YvAh6sn.jpg

FPJLism.jpg

yr26MCM.jpg

Source: Parkz

Last edited:

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster
@ATI - I don't know where you're looking, but there's no brackets for trims anywhere on that first hill.

Whether or not the park wants to trim it, I'm almost positive MACK will trim that somewhere. Its a matter of "will this last 10 years or 50+ years?"

Gazza

Giga Poster
^The trims mounts are on the first hill and on the lead up to the stengel over bank thingy.
You can see a conduit running up the support and small amounts of grey paint on the track where the bolt holes for mounting are.

It just keeps getting faster and faster.

spicy

Giga Poster
:(

Not surprised to see trims but I am on the overbank? Fully expected them on the first hill.. Just hope they leave that hill alone now as it really speeds over that.

Lofty

CF Legend
Yeah, this is normal is it not? It's what Taron does especially? Puts them on when they need to be?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Yeah, this is normal is it not? It's what Taron does especially? Puts them on when they need to be?
Yeah, that's how trims work. Ever since the brakeman era of coasters.

The issue is that they often set the "max speed" (i.e. the speed the trim will slow the train down too) to something that means the trim comes in every time and has the effect of killing the flow.

Mind, you can just turn them off too, and then you've got a good time on your hands!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Not on this you cant, the magnetic trims are fixed onto the track permanently, meaning unless they remove them, they will always be working.
Unless they're installed on a retractable mechanism, which I'm fairly sure we've seen on coasters before (although the specific examples escape me now).

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Unless they're installed on a retractable mechanism, which I'm fairly sure we've seen on coasters before (although the specific examples escape me now).

Mack haven't done that for any trims on any of there mega coasters though... there is clearly no retractable mechanism under the trims. Its generally mainly Intamin that uses those.

21167516_1464615643614598_1681459976141007932_o.jpg

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Well in that case let's just hope their "summer speed limit" is high. ;)