What's new

Walt Disney Studios Paris | Ratatouille | Dark ride

marc

CF Legend
Saw the area the other day it looks stunning. They were testing the area there were loads of people walking round the area and staff as well.

Bit shocked that the park is hardly promoting the area and ride. There are next to no banners or adverts around.

Just a bit worried that it will be yet another restaurant that the keep closed or opens at stupid hours.

JamesB

Mega Poster
Its finally here!

Here's the POV: (can't get it to embed)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAPKF6zKCqE[/youtube]

Also the article its from: http://www.insidethemagic.net/2014/06/r ... emed-area/

It looks amazing from the POV, although maybe more screens than I expected and less interaction with theming. Its very similar to Mystic Manor which I have ridden and that was top notch! I want to see more of the queue, I imagine that's a work of art in itself.

Edited to embed video - Gavin

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^^ It looks absolutely nothing like Mystic Manor apart from the ride vehicles. At all. Mystic Manor is 100% sets and special effects. This isn't.

It's a lot more screen heavy than I thought, and I don't know how great the effect will be with vehicles that don't have the pitch/roll movements of a simulator/Spiderman-style ride.

It looks good, don't get me wrong, but I wasn't expecting it to basically be a 3D film.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
I'm with Gavin on this one. It does look great, but for a ride full of projectors, it makes me think where over 3 years of construction went?

WDS needed a ride like this, but my initial excitement has faded upon seeing the pov. I was expecting the next Mystic Manor, and instead we got Toy Story Midway Mania.

spicy

Giga Poster
Yeah I have only seen the video and it does look good, only thing thats annoying out of the three vids of Dark Disney rides that currently use this system Mystic Manor, Poohs Hunny Hunt & Ratatouille (I haven't actually ridden any of them) this by far looks to be the worst out of the three.

That doesn't necessarily mean its a bad ride as PHH and particularly Mystic look amazing. I just expected this to look just as good.

Still this is exactly what WDS needed and the area looks absolutely stunning. Hopefully they will continue improving the park and making more areas as beautiful as this.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^ The system for Pooh's Hunny Hunt is actually different and more advanced than that used for Mystic Manor and, presumably, this new ride.

marc

CF Legend
It's really hard to see in the video but what some people have been saying is the cars line up next to each other to view the screens then follow each other. There are no various routes or different sections. This is just from reviews who knows it could be different when it's actually busy.

When this was first announced people were saying there would be different sections and different stories but this is not case.

The reviews so far have been good, some saying missed opportunity but on the whole it's gone down well.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
gavin said:
^ The system for Pooh's Hunny Hunt is actually different and more advanced than that used for Mystic Manor and, presumably, this new ride.

Various websites and reviews have confirmed that Ratatouille does have pitch, roll and vibrating effects. Its claimed to be the most advanced trackless ride vehicle that Disney has ever used.

marc

CF Legend
Other reviews are saying it does not though. Guess we won't know until someone we know rides it.

It's just meant to move round and put you in front if screens and through the theming. When you watch the screens you just sit there and watch and there is no movement.

A lot is being lost in translation tbh.

I've just asked someone anyway who has been on it.

Edit.

There is a very light vibration and a small bump but nothing like you get on Spider-Man etc.

Seems like some are noticing some are not.

It's good they included this though. As Erol said this is the first trackless system to include things like this.

nadroJ

CF Legend
^ I know it's nowhere nest n the same scale but Empire of the Penguin at Sea World Orlando has seats that thrust and vibrate and move in front of a screen and that uses trackless technology. Just hope Ratatouille is nothing like that though because that is a pile of ****.

nadroJ

CF Legend
*bump*

It's brilliant! Kudos to Disney, what an excellent family attraction.

And THAT is how you utilise this technology; Sea World take note.

marc

CF Legend
I really did not like it.

Well I liked the ride I liked the theming but it's too repetitive and made me feel really ill and giddy.

I'm not the greatest on these type of rides but I'm not normally that bad.

It was all the moving in and out and spinning around that done it. The screens make you feel like you are moving but you are not, but as you can see the floor it just made my head go.

It's such a shame as it could have been great but for me I don't think I could ride it again :(