What's new

Walt Disney Studios Paris | Ratatouille | Dark ride

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
It's boring as an attraction logo, but it works as a very "Parisian" looking sign, so will fit the area very well.

Not that most of you would know as your idea of "visiting Paris" is spending five days at Disney.

Peasants.

nealbie

CF Legend
But once you've finished climbing the steps in front of the Sacre Coeur and had a look around at the top, there's nothing to do EXCEPT Disney (and Parc Asterix obviously). So they're not too far off being cultured as far as Paris is concerned. :p

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
But once you've finished climbing the steps in front of the Sacre Coeur and had a look around at the top, there's nothing to do EXCEPT Disney

Well that and Notre Dame, The Eiffel Tower, The Louvre, Musee D'Orsay, The Pompidou Centre, The Picasso Museum, The Dali Museum, Place de la Concorde, Tuilleries Gardens, Champs Ellysees, Les Invalides, The Pantheon, The Opera House, The Catacombs, Pere Lachaise Cemetary, Jardins de Luxembourg, La Defense, The Arc du Triomph, Musee de la Mode, Saint Sulpice, Saint Michelle, Rue de Lappe, Moulin Rouge, Pigalle, The Crazy Horse, The Conciergerie...

Nah, there's **** all to see or do in Paris really, apart from more than pretty much any other European city, with the exception of perhaps Rome. Might as well spend the entire time getting pictures taken with a less-than-minimum-wage teenager in a Mickey Mouse costume.

Lofty

CF Legend
Le Manoir de Paris too <3

I actually like the simplicity of the logo. It's a really cute design.

peep

CF Legend
Apparently the park are announcing an opening date within the next week or so. Rumours suggest it could open on Bastille day (14th July), I don't know if that's a good idea or not. From previous visits to the park I can confirm it gets very busy on that date but the whole public holiday might overshadow the opening?

jj23w

Hyper Poster
It's just making me want to go back to dlp last time I went it was amazing the first time.

spicy

Giga Poster
The English version of the advert has been released:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lh7B5u1 ... e=youtu.be

Unfortunately there is still no official opening date for this yet. They were expected to give the release date at the annual general meeting.

Here is some artwork that was released at the AGM

BgQwqJ9IIAAcRUH.png:large

peep

CF Legend
I've been trying to keep track of the mental buzz coming out of the meeting via Twitter today. So here's a recap:

Quite a few photos of models including one interior shot:

BgRAJmPIEAAdxM3.jpg

BgQ_-DGIgAAFmmk.jpg

Prop for the restaurant

BgQ1xE5IAAAYqH9.jpg

Ride vehicle confirmed

BgQ3atwIUAAP2Ab.jpg

Over-sized props for the ride

BgQ188pIgAAzn9K.jpg

2 thousand leaves have been made for the restaurant

BgQusqhIgAA155w.jpg

Model of what is believed to be the loading area

No opening date was announced (maybe they're still awaiting testing to begin to make a better judgement?) but Summer was once again highlighted to be when it'll open.

You can watch the entire ride announcement in the video below including a song and dance to end it...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9vJajeU3UA[/youtube]

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Can't be arsed to watch the video, but are there any concrete ideas on the ride vehicles yet?

I know they're trackless, but are they going to use the Pooh's Hunny Hunt system, or the simpler Mystic Manor system?

peep

CF Legend
^Apart from what the vehicles look like and that they'll move around like the two trackless systems you've mentioned we don't know much. They've been quite secretive about this project (Paris always is though).

I follow the composer of the film's score who has been posting over the last hour pictures and video clips from the recording session for the ride soundtrack!

Video1

Video 2

Photo of some musicians

peep

CF Legend
It's been heavily rumoured (apparently confirmed but can't find any official sources) that the ride will soft open in the last week or so of June and it will open on Bastille day (the biggest National holiday in France), 14th July. Hopefully a better source will appear within the next week or so.