Giga Poster
SHGvWCb

Mystic has entered soft opening phase!
Source: Official Walibi Rhône-Alpes Facebook page

Serena

Miss CoasterForce 2016
Staff member
Social Media Team
Love how quirky this coaster is! The track colour, the theme, the interesting layout.. makes me really want to get out to W.R.A!

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
To be honest, this is an extremely versatile coaster. It looks to offer airtime, hangtime, whip, pure speed, a launch, backwards section and intensity - all in one well-presented package! I'd love for a coaster like Mystic to come to the States, because I'd certainly make the trip out to ride it.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
The cuts between the low level and seat mounted shots were annoying. Why would you do that?!

Looks alright though, really. My gripe with the video isn't necessarily a gripe with the ride!

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
For real... what purpose did that serve?
I thought I was the only one that noticed them, before @Hixee brought it up. If I had to take a guess, I’d link the cuts to Mystic’s themed zero car — surely it would block some of the camera, and Walibi Rhône-Alpes obviously didn’t want that.

Jared

Hyper Poster
To be honest, this is an extremely versatile coaster. It looks to offer airtime, hangtime, whip, pure speed, a launch, backwards section and intensity - all in one well-presented package! I'd love for a coaster like Mystic to come to the States, because I'd certainly make the trip out to ride it.

Where’s the launch?

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
In all seriousness that does look like a decent ride. Some of the elements look a little slow, but I think the first drop in the back row will kick ass. Also, I've never seen an Infinity coaster/Euro-Fighter attach to the chain lift as quick as this coater does.

Does anyone know what the stray piece of track is for that connects to the turntable, that doesn't connect to other parts of the ride? My guess is for taking the trains on and off the ride during maintenance, although isn't that what the maintenance bay is for?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Does anyone know what the stray piece of track is for that connects to the turntable, that doesn't connect to other parts of the ride? My guess is for taking the trains on and off the ride during maintenance, although isn't that what the maintenance bay is for?
It could just be a dummy piece for them to temporarily hold a train on if they need to reorder them in the maintenance shed or something? If the shed was just one lane off the turntable, you might want a way of changing the order of the trains?

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Taking trains off and using a maintenance bay are two separate tasks. Often times, yes, a ride will have its train loading/unloading point be on one of the bays, but if space is limited for the crane/forklift, they'll put it in a different place that's more accessible for the crews.

Although, in this case, it seems that the extra track is even less accessible than the shed, so that probably isn't the reason. Perhaps it has to do with keeping a train out of the way when they're taking off/on another train? I'm not sure how the blocks are set up for this ride, so maybe it's necessary to get a train off the transfer and into the station?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Drew this up, as the more I think about it the more it makes sense. There are only two assumptions now: 1) that the shed is just one long piece, not parallel bays, and 2) that the section of track before the turntable on the 'coaster' bit can't be used as a holding portion for some reason. In my crude sketch below, if the red train is borked but the green train is good to go, how do you swap them over without the additional holding piece?

S3hfJTz.jpg

I think if you have three trains you remove the second assumption from above, as you'll have to be able to hold two trains somewhere while you move the third.

Unless of course, my 6am brain isn't thinking this through fully...

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Looking at the POV again, I can deduce that the ride has three definite block sections, and two possible ones:-

- The station
- The lift hill
- The turntable
- Possibly the small section of track between the turntable and the station
- Possibly on the final brake run, just behind the turntable where there is a pair of drive tyres, but no friction brakes like there is on the turntable.

The station is in a perfect line with the maintenance track, which is drawn wrong on @Hixee's diagram but I don't think that is important. I should also point out that that small piece of track has no drive tyres or any other mechanism on it, it is just a plain piece of track. This doesn't solve the mystery though.