What's new

Walibi Holland | Untamed | RMC Robin Hood Conversion

Snoo

The Legend
^That.

They did Storm Chaser rather quickly and Robin Hood is similar to Twisted Twins in ride dimensions so it shouldn't be a huge problem.

Matt N

CF Legend
According to RCDB, the ride is closing in October 2018 and the RMC is opening in July 2019. So I'd say they have plenty of time. Also, should we expect a layout to be revealed soon, or will Walibi keep it a secret till opening day?

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
In the press release when it was first announced it, they said Robin Hood closes in October and the RMC opens on 1st July 2019.

Press release on their site now. RMCRMCRMCRMCRMC :)
https://www.walibi.nl/nl/persberichten/walibi-holland-opent-nieuwe-achtbaan-2019#/

Google translated;
1 July 2019, Walibi Holland opens the first hybrid roller coaster in Europe. The present wooden roller coaster Robin Hood is being rebuilt by supplier RMC into a roller coaster consisting of a combination of wood and steel. In September 2018 the American RMC and Walibi Holland started the renovation.
In recent years, we worked hard on the plans for the renovation, with which Walibi Holland now comes out. Until October 2018, guests can still enjoy the current Robin Hood, after which they will be converted into a completely new roller coaster. In September of this year, the first work behind the scenes will start, says Maschio van Till, director.

With the opening of the new roller coaster, Walibi Holland will open the third new attraction in four years. After the virtual reality experience NeuroGen in 2017 and the roller coaster Lost Gravity in 2016, Walibi Holland will again in 2019 with a new roller coaster.

Snoo

The Legend
In the press release when it was first announced it, they said Robin Hood closes in October and the RMC opens on 1st July 2019.

And also given RMC is only doing two projects next year, White Cyclone and this, they shouldn't be as stretched as last year and can put more effort into making this happen.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
And also given RMC is only doing two projects next year, White Cyclone and this, they shouldn't be as stretched as last year and can put more effort into making this happen.
They do seem to be having a quiet year however I suspect not everything RMC will be constructing in the next 12 months has been announced or will open in 2019 as they are going to parks that are under construction themselves.
Energylandia's RMC is already being fabricated and the first Six Flags China park is due to open the end of next year with concept art that had an RMC (No confirmation thats whats actually opening there yet though). The SF Dubai plans also showed an RMC and that parks vertical already. (although current posts over at Themeparx suggest the contractor just walked out there)
I guess the difference is Chinese and Dubai parks tend to be open year round and opening dates are often much later in the year than western parks.

I'd say its possible we will see another couple confirmed before the year is out.

Snoo

The Legend
They do seem to be having a quiet year however I suspect not everything RMC will be constructing in the next 12 months has been announced or will open in 2019 as they are going to parks that are under construction themselves.
Energylandia's RMC is already being fabricated and the first Six Flags China park is due to open the end of next year with concept art that had an RMC (No confirmation thats whats actually opening there yet though). The SF Dubai plans also showed an RMC and that parks vertical already. (although current posts over at Themeparx suggest the contractor just walked out there)
I guess the difference is Chinese and Dubai parks tend to be open year round and opening dates are often much later in the year than western parks.

I'd say its possible we will see another couple confirmed before the year is out.

I sure hope not. I don't want to travel that much in the next year. :p

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
So when is this meant to close? The site states preparations are to begin in September, so has anyone seen any markings or signs of early preparations on the ride yet?

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
^But will it be longer?...

I presume they won't paint the structure. I also presume this will have the same rail colours as Steel Vengeance/Twisted Timbers. Perhaps a lighter shade of brown.

Hutch

Strata Poster
Length shouldn't really be the main concern, rather the pace. I'm fine with the ride having either a long or short length as long as the overall flow of elements work well. Steel Vengeance and Twisted Cyclone are opposites when it comes to length, but both have excellent pacing. Had they not, they probably wouldn't have been rated as high as they are now.

Matt N

CF Legend
In terms of a ride, I would personally guess that this will be more like Twisted Timbers/Twisted Cyclone/Storm Chaser than Steel Vengeance in terms of scale.

Snoo

The Legend
In terms of a ride, I would personally guess that this will be more like Twisted Timbers/Twisted Cyclone/Storm Chaser than Steel Vengeance in terms of scale.

You’re not gonna see Steel Vengeance with that little of a structure to work with. I’m willing to bet you see exactly what you said. At the LONGEST, you may see Wicked Cyclone but that may be pushing it.

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
^It will close on 28th October.

Today at the Walibi Holland fan day the park revealed the coaster's rails will be light brown in colour.

Park management teased fans today with a close up picture of the track on a mobile phone.
FB_IMG_1537050914898.jpg

Source