What's new

Walibi Holland | Untamed | RMC Robin Hood Conversion

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
So yeah, this won't be the biggest or the best RMC, Wildfire will probably be better, but I am very grateful and very happy about this. Here are the stats of the current Robin Hood coaster courtesy of RCDB:-

Length 3,395.7 ft
Height 105 ft
Inversions 0
Speed 49.7 mph
Duration 2:25

I'd love to see someone make a proposed layout of this coaster on NL2, but I want to see the actual rendering of this coaster even more.

What elements and inversions do we think this coaster will have, and which RMC do you think this will compare the most to?

Serena

Miss CoasterForce 2016
Staff member
Social Media Team
So yeah, this won't be the biggest or the best RMC, Wildfire will probably be better, but I am very grateful and very happy about this. Here are the stats of the current Robin Hood coaster courtesy of RCDB:-

Length 3,395.7 ft
Height 105 ft
Inversions 0
Speed 49.7 mph

If Storm Chaser proves anything though, RMC's don't necessarily have to be big to be absolutely incredible. I've got high hopes for this!

Bert2theSpark

Mega Poster
Don't RMC make the coasters about 10-15ft higher? So that would make the new coaster about 115-120ft tall which isn't exactly small. Yeah it's no Steel Vengeance but it's still pretty tall.

davidm

Strata Poster
Press release on their site now. RMCRMCRMCRMCRMC :)
https://www.walibi.nl/nl/persberichten/walibi-holland-opent-nieuwe-achtbaan-2019#/

Google translated;
1 July 2019, Walibi Holland opens the first hybrid roller coaster in Europe. The present wooden roller coaster Robin Hood is being rebuilt by supplier RMC into a roller coaster consisting of a combination of wood and steel. In September 2018 the American RMC and Walibi Holland started the renovation.
In recent years, we worked hard on the plans for the renovation, with which Walibi Holland now comes out. Until October 2018, guests can still enjoy the current Robin Hood, after which they will be converted into a completely new roller coaster. In September of this year, the first work behind the scenes will start, says Maschio van Till, director.

With the opening of the new roller coaster, Walibi Holland will open the third new attraction in four years. After the virtual reality experience NeuroGen in 2017 and the roller coaster Lost Gravity in 2016, Walibi Holland will again in 2019 with a new roller coaster.

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
After the Mega Coaster at Walibi Belgium, I wonder if they'll consider RMCing Loup Garou.

It has been a rumor for a couple of years, but I don't see this happen!

Anyway, great news for Walibi Holland. Dutch fans already felt forgotten by Compagnie des Alpes after their investments for Walibi Belgium and Walibi Rhône-Alpes.

NeoXIII

Best Newcomer 2016
I'm both so mad and happy at the same time about this.
I might actually ride Robin Hood again!

Pear

Strata Poster
These are the good, old days ...

I wonder if there are any obsessed RMC completists out there who react to this sort of thing with “Damn it! It just keeps getting harder.”

I think they've all given up now that Fred Grubb is building the Raptor in his yard and most likely isn't going to open it to the public.

Lofty

CF Legend

Length 3,395.7 ft
Height 105 ft
Inversions 0
Speed 49.7 mph

I'd love to see someone make a proposed layout of this coaster on NL2, but I want to see the actual rendering of this coaster even more.

What elements and inversions do we think this coaster will have, and which RMC do you think this will compare the most to?
Wildfire really isn't that good compared to the other RCM's I've done so far and it's definitely my least favourite (behind Goliath and Storm Chaser). Storm Chaser is really small but it's absolutely insane.

The layout of elements of Robin Hood is not too dissimilar to what Twisted Twins was in terms of straight drop, banked corner, hill, turnaround etc. I hope to god that we see something similar, as it'll be up there as one of the best coasters in Europe.

On a side not, a friend of mine that works as park management was chatting to me about this and simply said 'It's crazy. Some of the elements don't even have names', which makes me think they're going all out with a quirky layout.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
I must admit I've always been unsure about RMCs. Like they look fun, but some of the elements which people seem to go crazy over I just don't think look that appealing. Of course, never having tried one I'm just going off POVs etc, and the sheer number of positive reviews is great, but I still remain sceptical.

So it's great to see one really close to the UK, and be able to try one out easier. Also great to see Holland investing in more good stuff!

Lofty

CF Legend
I don't know how you can just be so sceptical about something that everyone says is good?