What's new

Visionland Changde | China | Theme Park

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Howdy All
Another park for China and this one from OCT, The guys behind Happy Valley Chain and the Visionland in Liuzhou that opened last year.
The park is being built on a large man made Island which seems to translate as "Peach Blossom Island". There is a pre-existing water park along site the Theme Park which has been running for several years. There is also an already running Giant Wheel on the Island which it seems will be eventually incoperated into the park.

As far as the park itself goes it seems to be very similar to the existing Visionland. As usual Concept art is contradictory but If i was to guess I would say a new Intamin Mega Lite and Golden Horse Mine Train are the most likely large credits to show up.

The park was announced a while back but thanks to a complete lack of construction coverage and decent satellite updates it kind of appears to have popped up from nowhere.
Concept Art
Changde1.jpeg
Note the SLC in this image is replaced in the newer image below with a Mine Train.Changde4.jpg Changde5.jpg
Changde7.jpeg Changde8.jpeg
Technical drawing for the park, Unfrotunatly just showing building layouts.Changde6.jpg
Construction
Changde1.JPG

Poor satellite image from Sentinal 1 just a week ago shows construction is quite a way along.
Changde2.jpeg Changde3.jpeg
Links

http://www.0736house.com/news/201704/29739_1.html
https://www.xuehua.us/2018/07/12/【项目建设】常德卡乐星球项目将于9月底前完成施/

OCT are pushing this park hard on local transport as well with lots of advertising
http://www.octvision.com/information_detail.html?id=ce20239268d74864a145bc074c330c1a

Changde9.jpg

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
ANOTHER ONE?!

This section of the forums is just getting ridiculous now. :p

Thanks for doing all this legwork @roomraider, no idea how you keep on top of it all!

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Seems strange that OCT are going all-out with the Chinese manufacturers here, even if they are newer models. I guess the other Visionland only had the Intamin Mega-Lite that wasn't Chinese, and the branding is different from Happy Valley, but still.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
I know what you mean @gavin it seems like a bit of a step down. I guess Visionland is OCT's lower tier city brand designed to be cheaper and go up against the similar Fantawild parks. Its a shame they've one for all Chinese coasters here although they have gone with one of those new Intamin spheircal theater things.
There was certainly a mega-lite on the early concept art but looking at the images below the site it was shown (just to the right of the Ferris Wheel in the first image) it doesnt look like it will ever show up.

OCT have announced Visionlands for Zhaoqing (not too far from you right?) and Yongzhou as well so will be interesting to see what shows up there. Zhaoqing again has a Mega-Lite on the concept art.

Anyway for now heres some nice panoramic shots of the new park.
The shots are taken from this excellent drone footage of the site. https://www.weibo.com/tv/v/H4gw9e4jU?fid=1034:4310037296783355

Changde4.JPG Changde3.JPG Changde2.JPG Changde1.JPG

Last edited:

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^ Yeah, Zhaoqing is just the other side of Guangzhou. I've had no reason to bother looking into the place, but I'd imagine there are easy train connections from Shenzhen and Guangzhou.

Pear

Strata Poster
About the other Visionland, @roomraider do you have any updates on the horrible knock off test track thing that was being built there? I really want to see a video of that thing running.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
No news yet. Still seems to be shut with various bit of roadway ripped up. I cant see it opening any time soon.

If you want to see what the whole ride is supposed to be like though jump to 6:45min in this video from OCT.

Its a pretty complex ride system they are aiming for here. Think Spiderman meets Test Track.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Fab video, and explains a lot of the weird rides at the current Visionland.

What I had no idea about though was the indoor/outdoor element of the weird coaster. In my trip report, I mentioned that I did a "Spiderman" style 4D dark ride and that part of the building seemed to share some track from the coaster. There's a weird section where the vehicle moves slowly backwards parallel to the coaster track. I'd assumed that there was supposed to be some interaction with the coaster, not that the ride car would switch to that track itself.

So, they're running the dark ride section, but haven't managed to get it to switch to the outdoor section.

I thought it was weird that I couldn't see any entrance or queue line for the coaster. I didn't think for a second that it's actually supposed to be combined with the dark ride into one attraction.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Ah thats interesting. It hadn't clicked thats what that was either when I read your trip report.
Also interesting it had a mode to run without the outdoor section at all

I wonder if they are planning on ever opening that outdoor section now. Last I saw it still had huge holes in it like when you visited.

HeartlineCoaster

Theme Park Superhero
The concept jumping to a different example video for the outdoor section threw me.
Panda one is the HV Chengdu dark ride, then it turns into a dinosaur one that's vaguely familiar, but don't recall where it would be from. Very FW Dino Rampage-like.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Quite what this I am unsure but that track is enormous. Sounds like some kind of dark ride coaster hybrid again.
2f2de433-dc9f-4e97-99f8-f2cba67ccd3f.jpg
Red Net Moments on February 22
(Reporter Li Long) Yesterday morning, the construction site of the Kaile Planet Project in the Liuye Lake Tourist Resort, the workers were installing on the "Sun Speed" track of the indoor entertainment project. The Sun Speed is a high-tech multi-dimensional ride. This high-tech indoor rail car combines the most popular RIDE tour in the world with 3D movies, high-tech sports tracks and simulated sets to give visitors a unique physical and mental experience. .

https://cd.rednet.cn/content/2019/02/22/5125410.html

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
This managed to pass me by earlier this year but the park opened on January 18th only to be closed shortly after for lockdown.
The park has re-opened (with it appears some of the indoor attractions out of bounds for now)

A selection of pics found on Weibo show the park now open again

VisChang1.jpgVisChang2.jpgVisChang3.jpgVisChang5.jpgVisChang7.jpgVisChang8.jpgVisChang6.jpg

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
This parks just looks incredibly copy and paste, I can’t see anything wow or unique about it, it’s just a bit meh?

These constant new similar parks popping up in China just really don’t do it for me...