Change background image

Vekoma Re-Birth

Discussion in 'News & Rumours' started by CrashCoaster, Jun 8, 2018.

1. CrashCoaster

CrashCoaster Formerly ATI CF Award Winner 2016

Best Coaster:
    Shambhala
    Best Park:
    PortAventura Park
    I couldn't find the thread about Sansei purchasing Vekoma, but to go along with this purchase, the company has recieved a new logo and tagline:-

Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
  2. Lofty

Lofty Social Media Team Staff Member Social Media Team

Best Coaster:
    Taron
    Best Park:
    Phantasialand
    Coaster Count:
    Love it. Really clean, great look.

Yoris Kerkhoff likes this.
  3. spicy

spicy Well-Known Member

Nice new logo.

Love what Vekoma are doing at the moment. Arguably one of the most exciting coaster manufacturers with Lech coaster, F.L.Y, Formula etc..

4. Pear

Pear Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Steel Vengeance
    Best Park:
    Phantasialand
    Coaster Count:
    Agreed that I love their new logo and products. Let's just hope Sansei doesn't drag them down.

Coaster_Greif likes this.
  5. Matt N

Matt N Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Mako (Orlando)
    Best Park:
    Alton Towers
    Coaster Count:
    I love it! The new logo is so contemporary and snazzy, and really represents the much more premium direction Vekoma is going in now! Hopefully this rebrand is the start of great things for Vekoma!
    P.S. Not that Vekoma's older rides weren't premium for their time, but I much prefer the look of their newer track style and visual design to their older one.

Yoris Kerkhoff and CSLKennyNI like this.
  6. gavin

gavin Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator Social Media Team CF Award Winner 2016

Best Coaster:
    Dunno
    Best Park:
    Tokyo DisneySea
    Coaster Count:
    Went to IAAPA a couple of days ago. Had no idea the logo was new. Meh. [​IMG]

7. CrashCoaster

Best Coaster:
    Shambhala
    Best Park:
    PortAventura Park
    So Vekoma has updated their website for IAAPA. Vekoma is re-designing 4(!) of their coaster types (Flying, SLC Motorbike and Mine Train), and will all be announced at IAAPA.

https://www.vekoma.com/

8. Yoris Kerkhoff

Yoris Kerkhoff Member

Best Coaster:
    Taron
    Best Park:
    Europa-Park
    This is, in my opinion, one of the most exciting things going on right now in the industry! This could really make Vekoma stand along the well loved Intamin/B&M in stead of often being seen as a 'second class' manufacturer by enthusiasts.

9. Coaster Hipster

Coaster Hipster Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Steel Vengeance
    Best Park:
    Phantasialand
    Coaster Count:
    Might as well share the interview I filmed with Vekoma's new lead engineer here then:

For the record Benjamin joined Vekoma at the end of his college studies in 2009, then became Senior Concept Engineer in 2015 (!). Although other disciplines at the company were obviously also influential, he played a major role in Vekoma's remarkable renaissance, coming with the many exciting designs such as Lech. I particularly enjoyed him talking me through the thought process of designing the Top Gun's crazy first inversion (6:15 in the video). It was an utmost privilege to meet him and hear his great insights on the company's turnaround!

(I usually share my Youtube stuff accordingly in the Ad section, but thought it was relevant to make an exception here. Hope some of you will find Benjamin's comments interesting!)

10. Bredera

Bredera New Member

Best Coaster:
    Feniks
    Best Park:
    Toverland
    Coaster Count:
    Matt N and Yoris Kerkhoff like this.
  11. Yoris Kerkhoff

Yoris Kerkhoff Member

Best Coaster:
    Taron
    Best Park:
    Europa-Park
    Now a few questions pop up: 1. What park will this go to first. (Apperently Vekoma already sold one. Source: 'Vekoma has already sold a copy of Thunderbird. "But we can not say anything about the customer yet", says the information officer.'
    And
    2. Why does Vekoma consider this a family coaster?

Bredera likes this.
  12. Bredera

Bredera New Member

Best Coaster:
    Feniks
    Best Park:
    Toverland
    Coaster Count:
    Yeah saw that as well, but I have no idea. Could be a park that we know or an obscure park somewhere in Asia :rolleyes:
    Maybe because it only has 2 inversions, or maybe because they have more extreme versions in the works, all will be revealed in time I am sure of it ;)

13. roomraider

roomraider Best Topic Starter CF Award Winner 2016

Best Coaster:
    Nemesis/Sky Skrapper
    Best Park:
    DisneySea
    Coaster Count:
    apparently it has a 1.2m height limit making it pretty family accessible compared to many rides like this.

14. RLB500

RLB500 New Member

Best Coaster:
    Wildfire
    Best Park:
    Liseberg
    Vekoma rides have always been good intensity, fun rides purely let down by roughness in my opinion. The smoother Vekomas, and the newer models are great. Is there going to be a new off the shelf suspended coaster or are they all going to be custom? SLCs hurt like hell but the layouts are very nice, and the range of elements tends to be quite broad.

15. CrashCoaster

Best Coaster:
    Shambhala
    Best Park:
    PortAventura Park
    When are these coasters expected to be fully announced? Vekoma's website still says these are soon to be announced.

Cranedude likes this.
  16. Crazycoaster

Crazycoaster Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Taron
    Best Park:
    Europa Park
    Coaster Count:
    You both look stupid tbh.

ATI, I'm not really sure what you're wanting them to announce? Clearly you're asking a question that only Vekoma or the parks themselves will know, so it's pointless asking. Cranedude, how many times do you have to be told about how you post before it gets through?

Lofty, Pokemaniac and Mushroom like this.
  17. Cranedude

Cranedude Active Member

Best Coaster:
    Spite-ning Rod
    Best Park:
    Dollywood
    Sorry.

18. GuyWithAStick

GuyWithAStick Captain Basic Staff Member Moderator Social Media Team

Best Coaster:
    Steel Vengeance
    Best Park:
    Cedar Point
    Coaster Count:
    To be fair, a decent amount of enthusiasts ask these kinds of questions. "Oh I wonder when testing will start?" "Will this ride open on time?" "Where's this ride now that it's been removed?" People like asking questions, but a fair few of them can't/won't be answered. ATI is no different.

But @Cranedude , please think before you post. This is a forum board, not a text chat. Even if you want to make a post for the sole intent of agreeing with someone, at the very least post something more than 'ya'. Instead, say you agree with the post, and perhaps elaborate on the statement/question. Ask your own question you want answered. Make a comment on a certain aspect of the topic. State your own opinion. Anything more than 10 characters. We don't want to warn you any more.

19. Pokemaniac

Pokemaniac Mountain monkey Staff Member Administrator Moderator Social Media Team

Re-iterating this in its entirety because it evidently needs to be said twice. If your only message is "I agree" or "I like this", just use the Like button.

Or, formulated differently: "ya".