What's new

Universal Studios Florida | Diagon Alley

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
I am quite surprised nothing has been mentioned about this before. I've had a quick look at the other topic in rollercoaster construction and nothing seems to focus on the other things that are being built. If I have duplicated I apologise in advance.

I didn't realise how big the whole 'Diagon Alley' section was going to be.

There is a new coaster, view that topic here http://www.coasterforce.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=35203

Opening this summer at Universal Studios Florida, The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Diagon Alley will bring even more of Harry Potter’s adventures to life. Guests will pass through London and the iconic brick wall archway from the films into Diagon Alley – a bustling, wizarding hub within a Muggle city. There will be shops, dining experiences, and a new ride called Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts – a multi-sensory, multi-dimensional journey that will take theme park attractions to a new level.

Have a picture of the concept art:
1618493_10151927638977852_1190721514_n.jpg

The Hogwarts' Express will take you from London and Diagon Alley in Universal Studios to Hogwarts and Hogsmede in adjacent Islands of Adventure.

Have some more concept art:
1011812_10151927638997852_956095148_n.jpg

The-Wizarding-World-of-Harry-Potter-Diagon-Alley-apartments-550x423.jpg

King's Cross Station and Hogwarts' Express has been confirmed. (Pictures of construction in the topic I mentioned above).
Gringott's Bank Rollercoaster (AND CRED :D ) has also been confirmed, again more information in the topic above.

What hasn't been mentioned is the other shops.
Weasleys’ Wizard Wheezes has been confirmed (this is the one I'm most looking forward to):
1545086_10151927642357852_1453817887_n.jpg

You can buy novelty toys and magical jokes.

There's the Leaky Cauldron Restaurant for if you're feeling peckish.
Ollivander's Wand Shop
Florean Fortescue’s Ice Cream Parlour

There will also be a Knocturn Alley for all your dark magic needs, a vanishing cabinet perhaps? Or a skull.

Even more attractions are lined up to be announced over the coming months so stay tuned. Can't wait!

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Can't believe there wasn't a topic either. I don't have anything to add really, just that I'm so, so excited about this whole addition to the park.

The new land will be split in three: London, Diagon Alley and Knockturn Alley. To cross over from the muggle world you will have to go though brickwork, as in the book - not sure how they are going to pull that one off.

Will be watching with interest

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
It's scheduled to open 'summer 2014'. Should be open for us. I would have thought it would be their priority to get it up and running for the school holidays.

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
I am genuinely surprised how accurate the front of King's Cross is compared to the real thing. Plus it has recently been refurbished so I'm quite impressed.

I really like the mix-match of buildings, to me that's what London is like, and old British towns, for example, Cambridge, they are all different shapes, sizes, and heights. Love it :D

ATTACKHAMMER

Strata Poster
Jordanovichy said:
I am genuinely surprised how accurate the front of King's Cross is compared to the real thing. Plus it has recently been refurbished so I'm quite impressed.

I really like the mix-match of buildings, to me that's what London is like, and old British towns, for example, Cambridge, they are all different shapes, sizes, and heights. Love it :D

Cambridge is a city :wink:

It looks so good that it would not be hard to fool something that they were looking at photos of London!

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
New video released today, can't see any new information, there are a couple of spoilers on the website. Nothing we didn't really already know :/

Departing Hogsmeade™ village in Islands of Adventure, a Hogwarts™ Prefect will guide you to your seating compartment aboard the Hogwarts™ Express.

Once on your way, get ready to encounter familiar characters and creatures from the Harry Potter™ books and films. But be sure to keep your wits about you — because mischief could materialize at any moment!

You'll enjoy scenic views of the British countryside from the train window before arriving at your destination: King's Cross Station in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™ — Diagon Alley™, located inside Universal Studios Florida®.

To board the Hogwarts™ Express at King's Cross Station, you'll walk straight through a solid brick wall onto Platform 9 ¾™ where a Hogwarts™ Prefect will be waiting to lead you to your passenger compartment.

As you wind your way through the British countryside, keep watch outside your window. You never know who — or what — you might see flying, swooping or lurking just outside the train. You might encounter an adventure or two along the way as well, before alighting at Hogsmeade™ Station in Islands of Adventure.

And le video:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gmSf4R2Ac4[/youtube]

That's basically it, not an exciting update with only a couple of hints.

peep

CF Legend
Someone on Twitter tried to work out the capacity of this attraction and came to the conclusion it's over 3000 people an hour. Sounds good, but will it be good enough to cope with the insane amount of people visiting the Potter area?

Lofty

CF Legend
Does that include the track from the opposite side too? Because this has a theoretical capacity of 400 every train (200 each way).

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
NBC's Today show will be broadcasting live on site at the resort this Friday morning, so expect a major announcement. hintopeningdatehint

marc

CF Legend
From stuff that was online the other week the main part will be open in June but the train part later this year.

Looking forward to finding out when it will open and what the ride will do.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
ECG said:
NBC's Today show will be broadcasting live on site at the resort this Friday morning, so expect a major announcement. hintopeningdatehint
Almost as soon as NBC announced Friday's Live show from Universal Studios Florida, the park announced its cancellation. Guess they changed their minds about the announcement.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Here's the latest video from Universal:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEWmGL4txcI[/youtube]