What's new

Universal IOA | Incredible Hulk | B&M Retrack

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
Close up pictures of the trains have emerged. Am surprised they haven't taken the chance to go floorless.

[facebookpost]https://www.facebook.com/MakoMadness/posts/1731622303750047[/facebookpost]

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Re: Universal IOA | Incredible Hulk | B&M Retrack

Crazycoaster said:
1994 was when Nemesis opened, a coaster famous for having "broken track" as theming.
Not really the same as that was implied it was part of the monster rather than self representationally a broken ride.

But thanks for clarifying Ben's thought process!

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

peep

CF Legend

Thekingin64 said:
Close up pictures of the trains have emerged. Am surprised they haven't taken the chance to go floorless.

Because floorless trains don't add anything to the ride experience apart from a faff-tastic and unreliable collapsable floor in the station.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Ben

CF Legend
Joey said:
Crazycoaster said:
1994 was when Nemesis opened, a coaster famous for having "broken track" as theming.
Not really the same as that was implied it was part of the monster rather than self representationally a broken ride.

But thanks for clarifying Ben's thought process!

Literally how could 1994 and broken track been any more obvious?

Thought you were smarter than needing things spelt out for you tbf.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Alright Ben, it's not like this is a Hulk topic or that Nemesis doesn't actually have broken track theming, since that isn't meant to be track, it's that the track is meant to be the monster. I was on a completely different page. Sorry. In future, I will try to read your mind.

And re floorless... Totally agree with Peep. They add nothing unless you're in front row, and even then it's minimal. If it didn't require editing the station I bet they would have though?

JSMarsden

Roller Poster
Some more shots of testing in first half of the ride also (bits all over this video just skip through if you want) -

[youtubevid]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQqxtVsuBNA[/youtubevid]

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
*Loves it*
ClmRbTfVYAAEZS5.jpg

source

Clohx1DWEAAGQFu.jpg

ClohzeNWQAAdPeq.jpg

source

spicy

Giga Poster
Awesome that they have used the old track and train for the entrance.

How comes the roar seems much quieter? Has the new track been filled with sand to make it silent? Or is it just the videos..

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek

spicy said:
Awesome that they have used the old track and train for the entrance.

How comes the roar seems much quieter? Has the new track been filled with sand to make it silent? Or is it just the videos..
Pretty sure it's been filled this time. Lots of people have been saying so.

Big question is, how long until opening????

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek

Ahhhhh please open soon!

I've been reading 'late summer' as the latest time which could mean end of august?? It looks pretty ready- almost like ready for a 4th July weekend opening!?

I'll check out the updates when I go soon regardless.

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek

Apparently there is a VR preview thing in the toon lagoon theatre which features a VR hulk coaster related video. Apparently it's a fact finding exercise to get people's opinions on VR for future developments rather than anything to do with hulk.

Source: One of the Orlando park blog things posted it but I cba to find it as I'm in a ride queue.