What's new

Underconstruction Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimahri

CF Legend
Is this ok?

eosdsupports1fi6.jpg

I've also changed the name to Embodiment of Scarlet Devil. After the Touhou game.

The Scarlet Devil is some one called Remilia Scarlet who lives in the Scarlet Devil mansion who is a Vampire. In the game she puts a red mist in front of the sun so she can travel in the day. She got the name of scarlet devil as its said she used to get her white skirt covered in blood as she killed people, Lovely huh?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^Those supports look good. I would add some more feet to the ones on the launch track. I mean make them more like the first one on the hill. The lauch track seems quite high just to have straight supports.

A

Anonymous

Looks good Kim, but are you sure that you don't want to have some landscaping done first?
And yeah you need braces on some of the supports on the launch.

^ For a start of a ride it looks pretty good, just hope you give it some massive airtime.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
It's looking good UncleArly. I agree with leofet, I just hope you make it have an irresponsible amout of airtime.

kimahri

CF Legend
loefet said:
Looks good Kim, but are you sure that you don't want to have some landscaping done first?
And yeah you need braces on some of the supports on the launch.

I tried making a trench but I buggered that up and cant fix. NLs terrain tools are pathetic. for the launch supports just do them as the first support on the hill? or a /\ shape?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^Like the ones on the first hill. I didn't know how to describe them.

A

Anonymous

|\ < that type, Intamin's usually don't have /\

Ok, shame about the terrain since the station looks so high of the ground.

kimahri

CF Legend
Right started fixing the launch and break supports.

I need a red mist as well since the one I've made isn't suitable.

esodredmistsupportrc2.jpg

Basically the mist needs to be a darker red

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVhYpiloK5A[/youtube]

At about 3:38/1:02 is the colour I need Thanks if you can help

A

Anonymous

It's looking good kimahri!

My Goliath supports are coming to an end, the hard part passed and now I'm nearly of to putting scenery (I don't intend to put 3ds).

nolimitssimulator200804lf0.jpg

Xpress

Strata Poster
Hixee said:
^Yes, no AHG. I've only used it couple of times and I found it useless.

Xpress... ;)

You obviously hate the AHG. I haven't found one useless thing with it. Infact, it's the most useful tool I've ever used. Even more useful than my hands.

So, AHG infact, will be my alltime favorite tool. You guys can't do anything to change that.

I'm in the makings of a B&M dive coaster, to show you all how it's done ;)

kimahri

CF Legend
^Considering even B&M can't do it right anymore :|

*don't take that as an attack just my opinion on DM's as a whole*

Xpress

Strata Poster
Well, the B&M Dive Machine is just a vertical drop coaster. /you get taken up a steep lift, take a small turn, and get held on a very very steep transition for 3 second, then you go down a vertical drop. The rest of the layout doesn't matter, as long as it has the standard DM lift/turn/drop.

Dave

CF Legend
Yes but as long as you don't put any ridiculous inversions in which a DM would never be capable of doing.

kimahri

CF Legend
The rest of the layout does matter.

the more you add to it the more it takes away from the drop. Joey made a topic bout this a while ago about how griffon and sheikra's main point is taken away with the addition of the immelman and the other vert drop.

Which is why on hypertension I made that drop really tall and the rest of the ride close to the ground. Its also the reason why I took a couple of obscure shots of that drop. It was the main focal point. if you saw the ride in real life, Thats all you would see, That drop. Same with Oblivion, its the first thing you see when you go into X-Sector its what every one see's and most of the time thats what every one watches. In my opinion THAT what the spirit of a dive machine is, focusing on the drop.

Xpress

Strata Poster
So, if I made a DM with just a drop, and it went right into brakes, you would rate it a 10/10?

I think not. You need a layout to compliment a drop. You just don't see any layouts with brakes right after the first drop.

And how's this for a red mist environment?

redmistix8.png

kimahri

CF Legend
^ if that drop is pretty damn good then yes But is is NL and you cant gauge stuff like in real life.

And the environment is ****. did you even watch the youtube vid I posted as reference?

Status
Not open for further replies.