What's new

UncleArly's Development Thread.

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
Re: 'Amarok' - Intamin LSM Multi Launcher 15/09/2013

I tried that but I couldn't figure out how to rotate them?

Edit: Just realised how stupid that was. Figured it out now. Will make them vertical :)

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
Re: 'Amarok' - Intamin LSM Multi Launcher 18/09/2013

Supporting is well under way. Also, what do we think of these train colours?

sgSXtY8.jpg

hzbQVs6.jpg

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Re: 'Amarok' - Intamin LSM Multi Launcher 18/09/2013

Train colours seem a little dull to me (not boring, just flat), but these things often look different in the sim. Not a criticism, but these things can be hard to tell from edited shots.

I do love the look of that turnaround though... :p

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
Re: 'Amarok' - Intamin LSM Multi Launcher 20/09/2013

Thanks Hixee, I'll have a play around, but for now:

So, supporting the track has been completed!

dScQH4M.jpg

Nice little twisty section after the vertical drop..

8ZC5GcJ.jpg

Dive into a tunnel after some airtime...

7hcFXGC.jpg

And the lowest part of the ride down by the river (with ye old cliché, 'supports cannot touch the water')...

gi5zgYA.jpg

Edit: I forgot to flange, but it will be done :)

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

OMG yes.

BBH

Giga Poster

That turnaround looks like Takabisha had a kinky night with Cheetah Hunt. I love it.

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster

BBH said:
That turnaround looks like Takabisha had a kinky night with Cheetah Hunt. I love it.

That my good friend, is an amazing turn of phrase!

BBH

Giga Poster

Uncle Arly said:
BBH said:

That my good friend, is an amazing turn of phrase!
"good friend"

stephen-colbert-celebration-gif.gif

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
Re: 'Amarok' - Intamin LSM Multi Launcher - Download Availa

iyWheV4.jpg

PLEASE READ BEFORE RIDING: Ensure you ride this track in the environment ‘Project Auger’ else the textures for the buildings will not be correct.
In the depths of Siberia, the Amarok hunts alone, and it hunts fiercely. With this Intamin LSM multi-launcher which takes inspiration from Cheetah Hunt, you will encounter speed, height, airtime, breath-taking views and a ride into the wilderness like no other!
Statistics:
Length - 4646.61ft
Top Speed – 65mph
Inversions – 3

Elements:

- Lift/Launch
- Beyond vertical drop
- 2nd launch at 60mph
- Upward heartline roll
- Elevated turn around
- Airtime hill
- Zero-G Rolle
- Airtime Hill
- 3rd launch at 55mph
- River fly-by
- Zero-G Roll

Credits:

Thank you to both m_haugh and Ajax_coasters for their help with testing. Further thanks to Ajax who provided much needed advice and amazing smoothing skills for half the ride! Also thanks to ByeTom for the rocks and the fog 3Ds by Richard Lerwil. Also to djd711 for his environment which I have tweaked slightly.

Theming:

All theming (except rocks and fog) was built using supports. Occasionally these were converted into 3Ds via use of the Construction Kit, but they were built using purely the editor. Note about the 3rd launch. The 3Ds would not align properly and it got to the point where I was wasting time, so I have removed these and as such it uses the in-game LIMs. So please take note of this whilst riding.

Youtube POV:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFF9NSuY1PI&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/zskd4 ... rok.nlpack

bergochdalbana

Mega Poster

Don't really post much here, but this ride needs one.
Loving it, it's a real killer ride.

Just a few tweaks here and there and it would have been perfect.
Last in-line have a small bump on the entry.
A few small supports have a to large angle which makes the tube not connect correctly to the footer (either skip the brace or make them tighter).
Also put the "first node" between the stations, and you would start from the first one.

You have come a long way, this track is a keeper..

BBH

Giga Poster

When Uncs releases a new track, it is more than simply a time where you click a download link and rate. It is an event to be cherished. You've come an amazingly long way since Dendritic, which was the first track of yours I downloaded. I could nitpick the technical aspects of this ride, but it wouldn't be worth it. The ride is that good. And that wonky Takabisha/Cheetah Hunt turnaround is one of the most marvelous things I've ever seen somebody do in NL.

The theming was great, but the rolls were a bit pump-ish in the back seat. Pat yourself on the back though, solid 9/10 from me.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners

The stand out part of the ride was the theme. The Siberian tundra and wilderness was captured very nicely and went well with the ride. The layout and pacing was the next key note. I simply could not get enough of the roll over turn around thing. I can't even imagine how weird that element must feel in real life.

One aspect that I noticed was that some of the turns, especially towards the beginning were underbanked and this took away the snappy, Maverick feel of the ride. I also noticed a few of the turns could have benefited from the split-split technique. Lastly, the only other issue I noticed, which was quite minor to be honest, was the rolls were a tad pumpy in the back. I wouldn't fret over these minor issues though.

Once again, well done! 9/10

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

I'm very VERY impressed.

I thought the layout was great, the technique was fantastic and the flow was awesome. I'm fully echoing everything that has been said above. Once again Arly, you've done a brilliant job. Taken your time and come out with something brilliant.

I cant get enough of that turnaround... <3

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster

Thanks for all the comments guys. I know what you mean about the turnaround. I've actually been playing with that idea for about 6 months now. But didnt want to create a track with til' I was happy.

It was created totally by accident though, It did have a standard exit, like CH's but I accidental dragged a couple of nodes and then thought hmmm, and so it was born.

But I really appreciate all the comments. It means a lot to me!

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
Re: UncleArly - 'Waldgeist' RMC Wooden Coaster.

I'll just drop this little preview/teaser in here :)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7zq55H6hac&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

BBH

Giga Poster
Re: UncleArly - 'Waldgeist' RMC Wooden Coaster.

Just... yes. Yes. A thousand times yes.