What's new

Tripsdrill | Hals-Über-Kopf & Volldampf | Vekoma STC & Family Boomerang Coaster

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
No to mention that the train in the box clearly has a floor. That would have made for a somewhat boring suspended coaster.

Rupert

Mega Poster
It looks very cool, and there should be a great foot chopper flying between those supports. I’m really not sure about the colour of the STC though, it would at least look much better if the other way around...

Another thing I was thinking about was the impact this would have on the feel of the park. Currently Tripsdrill has such a homely, small, charming vibe and I’m not sure how a couple of new coasters, one a thrill coaster, are going to impact that.

The obvious response is that they fitted Karacho in and I agree that feels like it completely belongs and is bedded in incredibly well. These two new coasters though are going right at the entrance, which is a peaceful area with plenty of original buildings including the 100-year-old slide in the classic windmill. Karacho and the rest of the coasters are set back into the park after you wander through the original section and it’s a really nice progression that creates one of the nicest parks I’ve been to. I’m sure these will be really well themed given how good the rest is, and I appreciate parks need to build where they can, I just hope this doesn’t overly change one of the most ‘real’ and charming park entrances around.

MouseAT

Hyper Poster
Another thing I was thinking about was the impact this would have on the feel of the park. Currently Tripsdrill has such a homely, small, charming vibe and I’m not sure how a couple of new coasters, one a thrill coaster, are going to impact that.
Honestly, I don't expect it'll be too much of an issue once you're inside the park. The coasters will be really obvious from the car park, but once you step inside, they're round by the drop towers, so you'll have to make your way up the highly themed entrance "street", amongst the buildings, and then around the back by the windmill. I don't think they'll change the character of that area too much, and given the level of theming we usually get from Tripsdrill, I'm fairly sure they'll be making a huge effort to make the rides blend in at ground level.