What's new

Toverland | Fenix | B&M Wing Coaster

Phantasiastisch

Mega Poster
I really don't see an Odysseus ride happen actually. there isn't really a lot of room anymore in the vicinity of Ithaka. Even if they were to remove the rope course they would still not have much room to fit a new path connection in between all the theming, rides and queue for Troy. Also, Scorpios already kinda covers the load when it comes to attractions themed to Odysseus. I mean it technically isn't themed to Odysseus specifically, but that connection comes naturally when you add a boat ride to en area themed to Troy. Although I really like the Troy area I can't see them adding anything major to it anytime soon. I imagine their next big project would be another new themed area with most likely a family attraction. It would probably make sense for this to open in 2021 since it will be the park's 20th anniversary by that point.

Well, Strange that Toverland still got the idea then. :)

Lack of space?
The solution: an elevator instead of a lifthill.
;)

Even if it's not gonna be Odysseus themed in Troy Area/ Ithaka, then I'm sure the Mack Supersplash will be a possible addition in a new area around the second lake, together with a darkride as family attraction. :)

Steel & Story

Roller Poster
Well, the one in Plopsaland de Panne, which has an elevator, would only just about fit in that space (if they remove the rope course), but some path reworking would be required and you really can't go much smaller than the one in Plopsa I don't think.

I do agree with you that a Mack Supersplash would be a really good and likely addition for Toverland in the future! :)

Fluorineer

Mega Poster
Yeah, I doubt they will do more with the Troy Area. I mean, they also don't need to. They are surrounded by flat green land on all 4 sides, so expansion is no problem, and the Troy Area really doesn't need any more rides. For Toverland, Troy is as iconic as it gets.

And I also really like the rope course, especially because it's not an upcharge. It complements their variety of playgrounds with something adults can use and I think that's a really cool idea. These things have bad capacity, but even during summer events, I never found it to be bad. They also have this unused plot of grass behind the rope course, so if anything, I could see them adding a 2nd course for capacity-reasons. Or maybe something slightly different, a zip line or who knows what. A "magical" golf course would also be really Toverland-like.

Phantasiastisch

Mega Poster
Well, the one in Plopsaland de Panne, which has an elevator, would only just about fit in that space (if they remove the rope course), but some path reworking would be required and you really can't go much smaller than the one in Plopsa I don't think.

I do agree with you that a Mack Supersplash would be a really good and likely addition for Toverland in the future! :)

When I wrote about the elevator-idea, it was because I was thinking of Supersplash at Plopsaland de Panne (haha).

I would not concern about the lack of space. In the future I can see the whole area (on the picture below) becoming part of the park.
Snapchat-728647717.jpg
It's a fast outline, I know. Haha. To illustrate it I have a picture with indications (numbers). Yeah, it's Atlantica SuperSplash at Europa-Park, but mirrored.

Red : station building (1)
Blue: tower with elevator which turns (2)
Black: bending track (3)
Green: turntable (themed as a volcano)(4)
Orange: big drop with airtime-hill (picture 5)
And back to the station.
Snapchat-495812916.jpg

Fluorineer

Mega Poster
Ohhh, smart man, I totally forgot about the parking area that could be used. I guess it still serves a purpose if Toverland wants to stick with being open all year (which makes sense if you have the 2 warehouses, might as well use them during the quiet season to make some extra money) but the walking distance from the new Port Laguna Parking (what's up with that btw? Is that done? Work in progress?) to the old entrance is about as long as the distance from the current parking lot to the Port Laguna entrance, so certainly not too far away.

But then again, I just don't see the necessity for that. The have plenty of space, and especially Avalon is pretty vast and also open from 3 sides.

I wonder what their long-term plan with the warehouses is though. Do they plan on expanding the year-round attractions further also? The beauty in the current situation lies in Toverland being able to maintain their more maintenance-heavy outdoor attractions during winter, and the indoor-attractions during summer, even though they could totally for example let the Troy Area and Booster Bike stay open all winter as well. Efteling does that in a similar fashion, but that forces you to schedule and spread your maintenance over the entire year, which creates annoying situations like last month, when Joris was closed for 2 weeks and I only discovered that last minute and decided to not go there because of that.

Also, I vote for Super Splashs with actual layouts :D

Last edited:

Phantasiastisch

Mega Poster
Ohhh, smart man, I totally forgot about the parking area that could be used. I guess it still serves a purpose if Toverland wants to stick with being open all year (which makes sense if you have the 2 warehouses, might as well use them during the quiet season to make some extra money) but the walking distance from the new Port Laguna Parking (what's up with that btw? Is that done? Work in progress?) to the old entrance is about as long as the distance from the current parking lot to the Port Laguna entrance, so certainly not too far away.

But then again, I just don't see the necessity for that. The have plenty of space, and especially Avalon is pretty vast and also open from 3 sides.

I wonder what their long-term plan with the warehouses is though. Do they plan on expanding the year-round attractions further also? The beauty in the current situation lies in Toverland being able to maintain their more maintenance-heavy outdoor attractions during winter, and the indoor-attractions during summer, even though they could totally for example let the Troy Area and Booster Bike stay open all winter as well. Efteling does that in a similar fashion, but that forces you to schedule and spread your maintenance over the entire year, which creates annoying situations like last month, when Joris was closed for 2 weeks and I only discovered that last minute and decided to not go there because of that.

Also, I vote for Super Splashs with actual layouts :D

Well, it's an opportunity. Don't concern about the parking lot. If they would expand the new main parking lot (on the picture below) on both sides, which certainly will happen in the future by further expansion and higher numbers of visitors.
On the picture below they could first turn the red marked area into a neat parking lot (it was now already used on busy days).which can serve as parking lot for the winter opening of the halls. The lane to the old entrance isn't that long, so the walking distance shouldn't be a problem.
Snapchat-163868208.jpg

I do see the necessity of it: enclosing the park. Making the outside world disappear.
;)
Because If the old parking lots would get removed and replaced by a new area or an expansion of Ithaka, then the view from inside the park is better and then they have the car park on one side of the park, which only can be clearly seen from Troy. Now this area is the only death spot in the park.

They could easily open up the outdoor areas during winter (Djenju River would be the only closed attraction when they would place a heating system on Dwervelwind, like Efteling did with Baron 1898, so it can ride on days when temperature decreases under 4°c).

The only problem is that the park is just still too small and has too less visitors yet to open up the whole park during calm days. It's just too expensive. Which is understandable.

Toverland once said back in 2010 that they wanted a 3rd hall opening in 2012...but that never happened. I guess they'll go full on expanding as an outdoor park with in the future maybe some darkrides. I don't see them building such a big, ugly warehouse again.

I'm not a proponent of a 365 days opening like Efteling and Disneyland, because of that maintenance issue. Almost whenever you visit (except high season) there will be a closed attraction.

That's why I prefer the opening-schedule of parks like Europa-Park or Phantasialand. They do maintenance during closure so no closed attractions during a visit. Just great. So, I actually hope Toverland will do the same. Closing the park in November, February and March wouldn't be a problem for me. :)

Schlussbremse

Roller Poster
I don't see an "extension" of the Troy area. First because of the parking lot which would have to be removed. Besides the mentioned fact that it is useful for winter operations (I assume they will be using the old entrance then), the second and more important reason is simple: I think it is just not necessary.

This short article of 2016 gives a glimpse into the long term expansion plans up to ~2026:
https://www.themepark-central.de/neuer-eingang-und-45-m-hoher-turm-fuer-das-toverland/

Althoug it is in german you can take a look at the linked area map, wich is said to be an excerpt of the planning process with the local authority:
https://www.themepark-central.de/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/Toverland_Erweiterung.jpg

It depicts the current park and areas seemingly available for expansion. You can spot Port Laguna in dark blue, the new parking area in orange to the left of the pathway (the bottom quarter is the current Bus parking lot) and Avalon in yellow. Note that the upper third of the Avalon expansion area is covered by a see (behind the "current" accessible area - I assume it is serving as a reservoir for the themed water areas in Avalon). Behind that sea would be the Hotel/Resort area (green).

The mindful reader will immediately spot the two additional areas in red and light blue. They too are presumably available for themed areas with attractions. If you compare the dimensions, you can get an impression of the incredibly suitable spot on earth Toverland has secured themselves.
And BTW you can see the important role of Port Laguna in the future. It may get the very central hub of the park.

At the end this leads back to my point one. Considering these great options, they just won't shut down any available parking space. They are about to need it if plans are progressing well. And I hope they will! If the current expansion phase succeeds, we might look at a well growing park, probably "closing the gap" to premier parks like Efteling and Phantasialand in the vicinity. Or maybe even leaving them behind.

Fluorineer

Mega Poster
I don't see an "extension" of the Troy area. First because of the parking lot which would have to be removed. Besides the mentioned fact that it is useful for winter operations (I assume they will be using the old entrance then), the second and more important reason is simple: I think it is just not necessary.

This short article of 2016 gives a glimpse into the long term expansion plans up to ~2026:
https://www.themepark-central.de/neuer-eingang-und-45-m-hoher-turm-fuer-das-toverland/

Althoug it is in german you can take a look at the linked area map, wich is said to be an excerpt of the planning process with the local authority:
https://www.themepark-central.de/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/Toverland_Erweiterung.jpg

It depicts the current park and areas seemingly available for expansion. You can spot Port Laguna in dark blue, the new parking area in orange to the left of the pathway (the bottom quarter is the current Bus parking lot) and Avalon in yellow. Note that the upper third of the Avalon expansion area is covered by a see (behind the "current" accessible area - I assume it is serving as a reservoir for the themed water areas in Avalon). Behind that sea would be the Hotel/Resort area (green).

The mindful reader will immediately spot the two additional areas in red and light blue. They too are presumably available for themed areas with attractions. If you compare the dimensions, you can get an impression of the incredibly suitable spot on earth Toverland has secured themselves.
And BTW you can see the important role of Port Laguna in the future. It may get the very central hub of the park.

At the end this leads back to my point one. Considering these great options, they just won't shut down any available parking space. They are about to need it if plans are progressing well. And I hope they will! If the current expansion phase succeeds, we might look at a well growing park, probably "closing the gap" to premier parks like Efteling and Phantasialand in the vicinity. Or maybe even leaving them behind.

Yeah, Port Laguna was a really smart decision. Also, you can already tell how they are leaving space for dedicated Hotel Parking and expansion of that Resort Area behind phase 6 and 7. And finally, ERT on Fenix for Hotel guests sounds like a super sweet proposition :p

I also think they should keep the winter operations they way they are doing it now, so the parking space should just stay. Yes, the further the rest of the park advances, the more the winter openings will fall behind, but they also refurbished most of both warehouses nicely, and if they happen to get a proper Booster Bike retheme/replacement, I'm sure that will be winter-ready as well, then they still have a really good line-up to make some extra money during the months were most parks just don't make a single cent. Troy is probably too maintenance-heavy and too important for the summer-season, and Fenix is embedded into a somewhat water-based area, and also too far away from the warehouses to be included into the winter-openings, but I think we'll all survive that. The main point of the winter-openings is to attract families with small kids, who frankly don't give a damn about what season it is.

I still remember when I was a little kid, my parents loved Toverland. They could just sit in the Biergarten and I could run around and do whatever I wanted, while they didn't have to worry about anything as everything was safe and well supervised. If you consider that they still charge 19 bucks during the winter even though more than half the park is closed, that's just good business.