What's new

Parc Asterix | Tonnerre 2 Zeus | Tonnerre de Zeus renovation | 2022

w8erbahn

Roller Poster
That was my first ever wooden rollercoaster a few years ago and I was totally not prepared for this. On the buttom of the first drop I hurt myself so bad, I thought I broke a rib or so. The rest of the (as I remeber) longest coaster i´ve ever been on was pure torture.

There was no broken rib (I really thought it was) but Tonnerre De Zeus was the reason a didn´t rode any wooden coaster for a long time. (loving them today!)

So seeing this getting retracked actually excites me. Surely I´ll give it another try on a future visit!

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Woah, bit of a bump, but we're seeing a renovation happening next year, and the ride will seemingly be renamed Tonnerre 2 Zeus:

1624534304008.png
Source:
Rough translation:
-Unique to Europe 90º bump
-2 high speed turns
-2 new 'bumps'
-14 airtime moments
-New trains (with "inverted seats" on the last car - maybe backward facing car?)
-A tunnel with special effects

Another source too, in French, but behind a paywall: https://www.leparisien.fr/oise-60/h...les-24-06-2021-M2WKG2IHK5BMND6N2TI2T7UAQE.php

Very intrigued that this is happening. Looking forward to finding out more information and getting a deeper understanding of what's going on...

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I hate the name, but the rest looks cool! Wonder where they got the idea for the backwards row from...

Unfortunately though, I've heard that coasters that get retrofitted with Timberliners run like ****, I hope someone on here can disprove that. Also what's the unique to Europe 90° bump? Sounds interesting, very interesting indeed.

Last edited:

VikingsAf

Mega Poster
I hate the name, but the rest looks cool!

Unfortunately though, I've heard that coasters that get retrofitted with Timberliners run like ****, I hope someone on here can disprove that. Also what's the unique to Europe 90° bump? Sounds interesting.
90° drop :) seems kinda unique to me :D
Edit: it might also refer to a wall stall.

Also Tonnere Deux Zeus. I think it's actually kind of smart :)

Will

Strata Poster
This is good news, so far as I'm concerned.
Zeus is FAR from being a candidate for the RMC treatment and probably one of Europe's better wooden coasters, but I admit I've never really got the hype (judging from 2 visits to Asterix in 2012 and 2017) and found it to be somewhat on the rough side.

richardcrete

Mega Poster
-New trains (with "inverted seats" on the last car - maybe backward facing car?)
JDD newspaper (original source for T2Z informations) :

"Other news: the last car of the trains will be reversed to be able to ride the coaster backwards."

New layout and trains :

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Ah, so it's not a 90° drop, just a corner.

That's not as fun.