What's new

Tivoli Gardens replaces two coasters

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Interesting use of tri-track on a Mack Powered coaster. I think Zamperla had already done this on some later installations but that's a first for a Mack ride (excluding Arthur, which was a prototype altogether).

Do we know if they have modified the layout as well?

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Interesting use of tri-track on a Mack Powered coaster. I think Zamperla had already done this on some later installations but that's a first for a Mack ride (excluding Arthur, which was a prototype altogether).

Do we know if they have modified the layout as well?
I'm pretty sure, from memory, the one at Ocean Park has tri-track.

vaugc002

Mega Poster
I'm intrigued by the difference in stats between the two versions of this coaster (according to RCDB):

Odinexpressen: Mælkevejen
Length 984ft Length 1,025ft
Speed 37.3mph Speed 22.4mph
Height 50.2ft
Vertical angle 42 degrees

Quite a considerable decrease in speed... although having ridden the original, I feel the 37mph is almost certainly inaccurate.
Also odd to see such a steep drop on a powered coaster.
For reference, a Maurer Wild Mouse has a 46 degree main drop. 42 is pretty steep no?

vaugc002

Mega Poster
^ After looking at photos of the coaster, it doesn't even have a drop? It's just turns and helixes.
Yeah exactly. Unless it's a very steep corner. RCDB is usually considered the Bible for stats like this but not sure how these work this time.

cookie

Giga Poster
The turn into the tunnel at the end did feel a bit steep in the original, but it could be the hard banking.

Tomatron

Giga Poster
I'm intrigued by the difference in stats between the two versions of this coaster (according to RCDB):

Odinexpressen: Mælkevejen
Length 984ft Length 1,025ft
Speed 37.3mph Speed 22.4mph
Height 50.2ft
Vertical angle 42 degrees

Quite a considerable decrease in speed... although having ridden the original, I feel the 37mph is almost certainly inaccurate.
Also odd to see such a steep drop on a powered coaster.
For reference, a Maurer Wild Mouse has a 46 degree main drop. 42 is pretty steep no?

37.3 in kilometres per hour is 23.1 mph. - so that may explain it, as there's no way the old ride got up to 37 mph. It would have ripped itself to pieces long ago if it did.