What's new

The Worlds Most Debatable Creds!

davidm

Strata Poster
I think the RCDB argument against water-creds/SuperSplash things was something along the lines of it needed to "coast" (uphill) at somepoint that wasn't part of the drop. So the little dip at the top of Atlantica counts but the hump in middle of the bottom of the drop on other SuperSplashes doesn't.
That ^ Indian example has a bit going uphill after the splash so....?

This all clearly fits into the "its your count so count what you want to count" category (and clearly Duane does not want to count a load of the SuperSplashes (while the peeps at coaster-count.com do) :) )

TommyAlex

Mega Poster
By the logic of the super splashes, do the Arrow Flumes with dips count? Kennywood's is the only one left (I think), but, like the SuperSplashes, it's a water ride and it at one point has a drop and coasts back up.

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
Telepherique at Parc Saint Paul is certainly debatable!
maxresdefault.jpg

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Has anyone tried to argue if Dreamflight at Efteling is a cred?

Sure, most of it is powered, but you've got the spiral 'drop', meaning it does more "coasting" than some creds would do. I'd be very hesitant about putting it in my count, but surely someone somewhere has tried to...

jayjay

Giga Poster
Has anyone tried to argue if Dreamflight at Efteling is a cred?

Sure, most of it is powered, but you've got the spiral 'drop', meaning it does more "coasting" than some creds would do. I'd be very hesitant about putting it in my count, but surely someone somewhere has tried to...
You've got to be the same sort of person that counts Blackpool's ghost train to go for that. It's not advertised as a coaster, so it doesn't feel right to me.

Then again, I do have Clone Zone, which feels about the same. God, the inconsistencies in my count.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
What about Alpine coasters? Sure, very little coasting involved, but they are on RCDB...

zombieface

Roller Poster
If something needs to coast uphill to be a cred, then by that definition some kiddie coasters with no uphill sections like Ba-a-a Express @Europa wouldn't count, as that ride's uphill section uses drive tires. I feel like many of us always try to make this a black-and-white matter and in most cases it's not.

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
I would have to give this to Camden Park's delightfully sketchy Pretzel dark ride Haunted House. It's one of only two in the world and it was also featured in the movie "Houses October Built."

11737900_1103491629679863_6420566753989038577_n.jpg

It is powered by gravity, it has a chain lift, it has a drop, and the cart rolls along a single rail holding it to the floor while a set of casters on the cars touch the floor to actually support the weight. I count it and it's on RCDB and Coaster Count.

11040509_1103492033013156_54650008221346310_n.jpg

Essentially, the ride system is most comparable to a gravity powered antique cars. Not sure what percentage of the weight the central rail holds but it definitely holds some (it leans side to side, so one set of casters is always off the ground, with the side it leans on holding it up, similar to a wooden wild mouse), it rolls on a track (if you don't count the "floor" as a track, it still has to glide in the central rail), it's powered by gravity, and honestly, it feels like an indoor themed Wild Mouse. Like an old school haunted house and a wooden wild mouse all combined into one. It's debatable but I count it.

I'd say go to Camden and ride it yourself to see what you think, but I would never recommend going there for your own safety. :p

GoIntamin

Roller Poster
Alpine Slides are debatable. Basically a bobsled coaster built onto a mountain. I don't consider it a credit, but I can see people who may.