What's new

The TV we watch...

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Has anyone watched The Grand Tour? The boys are back in town, all the chemistry and camaraderie are back and it was a great episode to get the ball rolling. There was no adventure as such or wacky challenges in this first episode, it more or less focused on comparing 3 £1m+ hyper cars on a Portuguese race track but because its the Clarkson trio its full of bickering and banter and its very entertaining! Available on Amazon Prime of course but also Putlocker in good quality if you don't fancy coughing up.

Yeah, I watched it on Friday night. Thought it was far too early for a kid's pantomime - still November.

There were moments where it wasn't completely ****, but they were few and far between. It's just everything that was making Top Gear awful (too much scripting, too much Clarkson, too much power/money) only to the Americanth degree.

peep

CF Legend
Anyone else watching South Park atm? It's really interesting to see how far they're going to take this storyline and I'm finding it very funny.

Been watching Lucifer which has been ok, second season has been a lot weaker than the first imo.

Yonderland has been amazing, three series in and they're still creating weird and wonderful characters, mixing in amazing film references and making me laugh like an idiot several times each episode. If you haven't seen it and have NowTV you can catch up from the very beginning.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^ Yeah, South Park has been excellent. I'm really liking what they've been doing with the last few series, having a continuing story arc and making them just a few days before broadcast to keep them very relevant.

Despite the ridiculous childishness, I'm loving the memberberries.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Yonderland has been amazing, three series in and they're still creating weird and wonderful characters, mixing in amazing film references and making me laugh like an idiot several times each episode. If you haven't seen it and have NowTV you can catch up from the very beginning.

It's one of my favourite shows. Glad there's not just me watches it. It's not always a hit, but this season has been brilliant with the Sister Brothers and constant tea time dick jokes.

cjbrandy

Hyper Poster
The Grand Tour episode 2 is either going to be an absolute hit or miss to you, it was 100% comedy all the way as they formed the world's worst special forces team in the Middle East in a sort of parody of Edge of Tomorrow as they had to fight through terrorists and save the Queen but if one of them died, they had to start again. If you're not a big fan of comedy and just care about cars, you might not like this week's episode much but if you just want to relax and be entertained, you're going to love it.

peep

CF Legend
For some reason I'm still watching The Flash and I don't really know why. The second season got a bit too silly, especially at the end and this season has been ridiculous, the intro catch-up monologue alone must take like 4 minutes now.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
For some reason I'm still watching The Flash and I don't really know why. The second season got a bit too silly, especially at the end and this season has been ridiculous, the intro catch-up monologue alone must take like 4 minutes now.
I watched maybe the first 2 episodes of Season 3 and haven't bothered with the rest yet. I'll probably catch up at some point, but it hasn't gripped me like S1 and parts of S2 did.

jj23w

Hyper Poster
Well I carried on watching Orange Is The New Black safe to say I'm now enjoying it. That season 1 cliffhanger was amazing imo. I've now finished Season 2 and feel it's much fast paced from the start and I actually found it better, Vee was a great antagonist until her untimely demise but the way it happened I'd say she got a very good exit. Hoping Season 3 is as good as Season 2.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Just watched Flowers. It's soooooo good. Only 6 episodes, so it's a quick watch. It's so, so dark, but hilarious. The writing is just genius.

mouse

Giga Poster
Yeah Flowers is absolutely brilliant, probably my favourite bit of TV this year. The first couple of episodes were good and the last 3, once it got properly into the storyline, were amazing. The perfect blend of darkness, drama and comedy. Looking forward to the next series!

peep

CF Legend
I remarked the same thing when I saw the ad on TV the other day. Very random. Looking forward to that and tonight's special ep of inside number 9.

Anyone watch Dr who? What did ya think?

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Benenen

Hyper Poster
<spoilers>

Inside No 9 was great, really kept me gripped throughout and the twist made my tummy flip. I was trying so hard to guess what it could be (my theory early on after the picture moving bit was something to do with the stage hands booby trapping the set secretly to kill the actors and somehow this was only being discovered in 2016). Anyway as soon as that plastic sheet was laid down it dawned on me and it was such a great oh **** moment. And the Krampus story within the story was tense even though it was acted out so hammily, I love this show an awful lot.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Any Sherlock fans in da house?
To be honest, after season 3 I was starting to think that it might be losing some of its 'spark', but last night's episode 'The Lying Detective' smashed it!
Possibly the 'silliest' episode to date, but quite ridiculously enjoyable from start to finish. Never stopped grinning!
Faith restored :)

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Any Sherlock fans in da house?
To be honest, after season 3 I was starting to think that it might be losing some of its 'spark', but last night's episode 'The Lying Detective' smashed it!
Possibly the 'silliest' episode to date, but quite ridiculously enjoyable from start to finish. Never stopped grinning!
Faith restored :)
I've literally just started watching Sherlock, liked the first 2 so I'll probably watch the rest.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Episode 3 and the whole of season 2 - you're in for a treat (Moriarty :) ).
Season 3 wasn't so good I thought - but then Mrs Howie liked that one the best.
The one-off is ok, but this latest series is bang on form.
But hey, I like Ewoks, so what do I know? (Just thought I'd get that in before Furie or Morton does..)

peep

CF Legend
Judging by Facebook everyone else has also been watching A series of unfortunate events. OMG, how incredible is this adaptation?

I read some of the books many years ago and loved their style and I think this series totally nails it. The score, the way it's filmed, the cast - everything is pretty much perfect. I think it takes until at least half way through the second episode to really find its stride so if you haven't watched it yet, give it until at least ep 3 before disregarding it.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
I don't usually post here, but the first episode of Taboo aired last week and it already has me hooked. It's dark, dank and mysterious. Tom Hardy's character is menacing and very secretive, with flashes into his past that do more than hint at his disturbed mental state and the misdeeds he likely committed. I also like the early London 1800's setting and plot centered around the powerful East Indian Trading Company pursuing his family's plot of land that's effected by the British Empire's negotiations with the newly formed American government regarding the Canadian border.
I don't know if it will get a huge cult following that other FX original series like Sons Of Anarchy, American Horror Story, Fargo, etc. have, but it's a mini series and won't need those numbers to reach it's conclusion.

Benenen

Hyper Poster
I've really been enjoying QI recently. Like many I was shocked when Stephen Fry announced he was stepping down but Sandi Toksvig has been great as presenter since. She's very quick witted and the show seems to flow at a faster pace now.

One thing that frustrates me about most UK panel shows is how the rotation of guests is really small and stale, it's just the same few comedians popping up each week. QI always seems to nail a really pleasant panel and having people like Jerry Springer and Slipknots Corey Taylor pop up adds some diversity.

All in all a lovely way to spend half an hour!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk