What's new

The TV we watch...

Sandman

Giga Poster
peep said:
Jeez, the new series is insane. Ep 2 and 3 are mental, I can't stop thinking about them. I found them all to be rather enjoyable despite their rather dark twists.

Yes, yes, yes!

I had some minor doubts about how Black Mirror would pan out after broadening its range and bringing in new writers and directors for it's move onto Netflix. The first 3 episodes have really impressed me thus far. I finished the 3rd episode last night and I have to say, some of these themes are so relevant right now!

peep

CF Legend
Finished watching the Crown last night. One thought it was absolutely marvelous.

Seriously though, I found it really entertaining, the cast were amazing, the sets were insane and it just looked fantastic. Netflix continue their streak of making amazing content.

Benenen

Hyper Poster
Finished series 3 of Black Mirror last night. There have been a few times I've noticed my mouth actually start to open in awe as the more brutal twists unravel. It's just so so good! Need to re-watch San Junipero though as it went straight over my head.

On a slightly more lowbrow note I'm a Celebrity is back! I've been enjoying it so far but everyone seems a bit too happy and laid back, I want more drama and conflict!

jj23w

Hyper Poster
Better call Saul: first season was great felt abit like what breaking bad was like especially with cameos from Tuco, Mike and Saul. Season 2 however felt very dull boring and then when it started getting interesting they end the season.

Scream: Being a fan of the films I wondered how the TV series was going to pan out and it actually was great but it did feel like Scooby Doo with the killers once you found out who they were it felt like they dragged it on.

Finally Orange Is The New Black:
I watched abit of the first season a few years ago and now I've come back to it I find it kinda dull I'm going to keep watching it but it feels like it drags on please say the newer seasons are better.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Better call Saul: first season was great felt abit like what breaking bad was like especially with cameos from Tuco, Mike and Saul. Season 2 however felt very dull boring and then when it started getting interesting they end the season.

Scream: Being a fan of the films I wondered how the TV series was going to pan out and it actually was great but it did feel like Scooby Doo with the killers once you found out who they were it felt like they dragged it on.

Finally Orange Is The New Black:
I watched abit of the first season a few years ago and now I've come back to it I find it kinda dull I'm going to keep watching it but it feels like it drags on please say the newer seasons are better.
OistNB only gets worse. Stop.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Bat Fastard

Hyper Poster
Anyone else on here watch Walking Dead? I don't mean to be a basic bitch but damn it's been freaking good recently. The Season 7 premiere was ****ing intense, Negan is freaking great. Anyone who watches the show and is up to date with it knows what I am talking about.

davidm

Strata Poster
Watched it since the start, pretty avidly.
However, Negan is just a rubbish baddie. Awful scenery-chewing acting (from an actor I've liked in other stuff) and, for me, just no menace. Perhaps I just don't get it? Worst season so far (OK, maybe season 2 was the worst really).

Now the Governor ; he was a baddie.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Watched it since the start, pretty avidly.
However, Negan is just a rubbish baddie. Awful scenery-chewing acting (from an actor I've liked in other stuff) and, for me, just no menace. Perhaps I just don't get it? Worst season so far (OK, maybe season 2 was the worst really).

Now the Governor ; he was a baddie.
Disagree M'Lord.
Negan is a great baddie, I'm enjoying every second of screen time he has. The menace came from Episode 1, since then he doesn't need to be overly menacing as he proper set out his intentions with The Big Bash. Besides, the whole point of Negan is to instill fear in his "workers" so they do his bidding, not to destroy them all and take their home.

I've watched it from the beginning, so far this is one of my fave seasons, even the character building episodes are good due to the humour and clever way of releasing info.

davidm

Strata Poster
Naaah one of his workers would just have popped him as soon as they could - season over. ;)
(none of the Governor's lot wanted to kill him as they wanted his leadership). Negan was much more menacing last season (when we didn't see him), as the threat was from his followers/workers, but he turns up and he's just a clown (with a big-entrance scene).
Will keep watching it though - made it through season 2 I can make it through this! ;)

DelPiero

Strata Poster
I'm pretty sure he'd deflect any pot shots with Lucille and feed the bat. Badass.
I immensely disliked the Governor, but didn't really enjoy his scenes, apart from the battle of the prison. With Negan it's the opposite, I find myself laughing at his demeanor and the way he's destroyed Rick's confidence.

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
Nah I'm over this whole Neegan thing. Every episode of this season has just felt like they've taken the smallest piece of storyline and dragged it out for an entire hour. We didn't need an hour for Daryl or Carol or even an extended episode for Neegan's visit to Alexandria. His whole routine gets old pretty quickly, it's the same thing over and over again. There's no cleverness to it. Plus there's been plenty of occasions where someone could have just shot him in the face and been done with it. Meh!

On the other hand, has anyone been watching WestWorld? Excellent series.

Rachel

Coaster MILF
^Agreed, i'm really not enjoying this whole "one character per episode" thing that TWD is doing at the moment. I get that they want to focus on character development, but it ends up boring me and feeling like everything is really dragged out.
Also not a Negan fan, not sure if they're sticking to how he's written in the comics, bit I find him almost comedic, not threatening. I can't stand his mannerisms or the way he talks.
Not enjoying the show at the moment but i've come this far so i'll probably stick with it....hoping it picks up as the season goes on.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Watched something called Brickleberry last night, pretty offensive but funny in parts. Avoid if easily upset by racism etc.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^ I always take those kind of warnings as a challenge and am invariably disappointed when I'm nowhere near offended. Will give it a go though.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I'm with his Lordship, Negan wouldn't have lasted. He doesn't have any one particularly sycophantic second who would step into his shoes and do anything if he was taken out. Shot to the head, nobody steps forward and says "I'll kill your friends like Negan would have".

So there's no tension. He's just a bully in a world where he isn't anything special. Nobody who lives with the saviours has anything particularly great to lose if he went. It's just attempted drama for attempted drama sake. Shame, because it started off really well. If they'd kept Negan back and in a safe place, you'd have understood it a bit more.

Anyway, I'm still slugging through Gotham, which is turd. Hope it gets cancelled so I don't have to suffer it any more.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
To be fair 'It's just attempted drama for attempted drama sake' is how I feel about TWD in general. It started from the very first episode with 'what's the most shocking thing we can do? I know, let's shoot a child in the face'. I've watched it on and off over the years but I always feel it tries to hard to shock and doesn't concentrate enough on a good plot.

Just got up to date with the new series of Black Mirror. Was worried about it going to Netflix but this series has actually been amazing. The episode with Jerome Flynne was edge-of-the-seat stuff, reeling you in despite despising every character. And the lesbian romcom made me cry. Well played Brooker, well played.

cjbrandy

Hyper Poster
Has anyone watched The Grand Tour? The boys are back in town, all the chemistry and camaraderie are back and it was a great episode to get the ball rolling. There was no adventure as such or wacky challenges in this first episode, it more or less focused on comparing 3 £1m+ hyper cars on a Portuguese race track but because its the Clarkson trio its full of bickering and banter and its very entertaining! Available on Amazon Prime of course but also Putlocker in good quality if you don't fancy coughing up.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Just finished off American Horror Story: Accents. It started off well in the first couple of episodes, but turned to s**t later. My least favourite series so far.

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
Just finished off American Horror Story: Accents. It started off well in the first couple of episodes, but turned to s**t later. My least favourite series so far.
I'll probably take a beating for this but...

The story writing for all series that I've seen has been atrocious. God awful. Every ending has been the biggest anticlimax from the aliens in the 2nd series, the house in the 1st and the mass murder in the freakshow. Only watch them because the GF thinks the screenplay is cool (i can appreciate the acting, casting and some of the scenes / costumes) but its all let down by really poor writing IMO