What's new

The TV we watch...

peep

CF Legend
I need to start watching Stranger things.

I did just finish Orange is the new black season 4 though which was incredible. A really great series, it was funny, captivating and those final few episodes were so emotional. Look forward to seeing more next year!

Oh and did anyone catch the new Robot wars? I thought it was ok but some things were really dragged out. Just glad to see it back though.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Finally finished Season 3 and 4 of House of Cards. Love that show.

Now I'm stuck into that garbage known as Big Brother. End me.

Intricks

Strata Poster
Does anyone on here watch RuPaul's Drag Race? If yes, are you excited for the upcoming reshowing of the 5th season?!

:D

Ummm....other shows I've grown comically attatched to:

-Ghost Adventures
-Chopped
-Cutthroat Kitchen
-So many other Food Channel shows
-Boundless amounts of Anime

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Intricks said:
Does anyone on here watch RuPaul's Drag Race? If yes, are you excited for the upcoming reshowing of the 5th season?!

There are loads on here who watch it, but mostly UK based, so any reshowing won't make any difference when we're all getting it online.

More interested in All Stars two, which starts in a month, than rewatching an older series.

Intricks

Strata Poster
gavin said:
Intricks said:

There are loads on here who watch it, but mostly UK based, so any reshowing won't make any difference when we're all getting it online.

More interested in All Stars two, which starts in a month, than rewatching an older series.
I knew some of the other members watched it (wasnt there a thread for it at one point?), just wasnt sure if anyone still did.

I made a bad joke towards All Stars 2 by calling it a reshowing of Season 5 as besides Phi Phi, Katya, Tatianna and the Minj, its practically the cast of Season 5.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^ Yeah, I started a topic for season 6 when the intro videos were released before the show started.

Gotcha now. Yeah, it's very season 5 heavy, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

It seems that Season 9 may be later than usual though. By now they should be filming and you can start to work out who might be on, but nothing seems to be happening yet.

Intricks

Strata Poster
Wasnt there a bit of a delay between All-Stars and Season 7 (or was it 6?) because they punched out All-Stars and then there was a couple extra months of nothing?

Also, what is your opinion of the new format of Untucked? Im kinda 50/50 on it. I miss the drama it would cause, but do enjoy all of the girls now sitting in one room and being taped in a more neutral setting.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I hated it at first, but figured I'd get used to it. Now I merely dislike it intensely.

Apparently it's basically down to Absolut dropping the sponsorship.

mouse

Giga Poster
After watching it on TV a couple of times I bought the box set of A Touch Of Cloth. For those that don't know its a police detective drama spoof, complete with satire, dark humour, puns and so much silliness.

Its absolutely brilliant, easily the funniest thing I've seen on TV. The humour is just so stupid, I love it!

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^ It's amazing. The chase scene in episode 1 (I think) with the steel band casually playing) is brilliant. It's one of the shows when it takes a second for the joke to sink in...then a titter rolls out...then it's belly laughter with tears.

peep

CF Legend
Finished watching Stranger Things last night. I really enjoyed it, will be interesting to see where they take things in season 2.

I also binged through Cougar Town. I previously only seen the first 3 seasons, it's a really funny show but towards the end of the 6th (and final) season you could tell they were running low on ideas. It's by the same peeps who made Scrubs so there's loads of references and cameos for those that love Scrubs.

Dave

CF Legend
I'm really enjoying Stranger Things, it took a while to get going but it's rather good! Lives up to the hype people are laying on it.

BoJack Horseman is on the third season now and it's excellent, it gets across some very deep themes effortlessly and is full of great humour. Plus it's outro is so bloody catchy!

Hutch

Strata Poster
Yeah Stranger Things is pretty cool. I'm only four episodes in but it's done a great job grasping and retaining my attention. I seem to be enjoying it more and more as I watch.

For some reason I thought the season only had six episodes but I was pleased to see that there's a bit more than that!

DelPiero

Strata Poster
^I'm also 4 episodes in and I'm totally hooked, shame there's only 4 more to go.

I'm also watching Penny Dreadful, very strange series, just about to finish Season 1 and I'm finally grasping whats happening. The acting is excellent throughout, a couple of scenes are a difficult watch though.

Hutch

Strata Poster
I finished Stranger Things last week. Loved it. Can't wait for season 2. You know it's a great show when you're left craving for more.

I also stumbled across Chrisley Knows Best. It's a trash reality show but it's amazing. :p It's about this rich family down south and focuses on the dad's absurd parenting over his kids.

I need to find another proper series though. Season 6 of Walking Dead should be out on Netflix soon...

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
Pretty sure I am still the only member watching BattleBots (US's version of Robot Wars) but the two-hour finale is this Thursday. They're down to the final 8 and in my bracket I have 4 that I correctly picked. There's Tombstone (1 seeded horizontal bar spinner designed by an arrogant **** ), Beta (hammer bot from the UK designed just for BattleBots), Chomp (hammer bot that's where it is now because it was designed by a woman), Yeti (flimsy bot from Alaska that put all its weight into a giant spinning drum), Bronco (insanely powerful flipper that actually launches the bot into the air when it fires), Minotaur (really nasty drum spinner from Brazil I picked to win the whole thing), Bombshell (Swiss Army Bot with a really smart builder), and Poison Arrow (drum spinner with a drone, kind of like a neutered Minotaur).

Guessing we have a final four of Tombstone, Yeti, Minotaur, and Bombshell, with Minotaur winning the finals against Tombstone. I want Minotaur to win because it's both a really cool bot to watch with an amazing version of a classic design (the drum spinner) and the guys behind it are super nice. It's fighting Bronco first which is probably the most concerning bot left it could face, but Bronco's team is going to have to pick between putting their useless wheel guards on and using that wedge and going arse first like they did to Chromefly. If they don't have that wedge they have nothing that can really hold off a high kinetic energy weapon like that drum and if they leave their wheels unguarded, Minotaur's driver is definitely good enough to get around and take those wheels off like Tombstone did to it last year. Bombshell I feel is going to go with the horizontal spinner to rip pieces off of Poison Arrow's wheels like it did to Cobalt earlier, and if that works they'll definitely do that to Minotaur. But put Minotaur against Tombstone and I think it'll come down to the classic "horizontal spinner hits vertical spinner" one-hit match, and we saw how well that worked out with Son of Wyhachi and Poison Arrow.

For those of you who haven't seen it:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkbAcwYix7I[/youtube]

Tombstone will be in the finals. Its weapon is simply too destructive for anything on its side of the bracket, even Yeti's drum probably can't take the heavy bar Ray has for vertical spinners. The only bot I see being able to beat Tombstone this time around is Minotaur.

Sorry to gush about this on here but this show is one of the reasons why I'm about to get an engineering degree so I kind of have a right to be obsessed. If anybody else is watching hit me up!

peep

CF Legend
Glitch

An Australian sci-fi about a bunch of people randomly coming back from the dead. I thought this series had a great pace to it and I liked a lot of the characters. Apparently there's a second season on the way and I look forward to seeing how it continues.

Black Mirror

Jeez, the new series is insane. Ep 2 and 3 are mental, I can't stop thinking about them. I found them all to be rather enjoyable despite their rather dark twists.

Ashstrodamus

Mega Poster
peep said:
Finished watching Stranger Things last night. I really enjoyed it, will be interesting to see where they take things in season 2.
Yep, I liked it a lot. Winona was awesome. She is one hot milf. Yes, I'm old, lol!

Just finished Deadwood. What an awesome show, albeit unfinished. Ian McShane, Brad Dourif, and Robin Weigert were amazing. The Calamity Jane role was Oscar worthy. I can't believe it got cancelled. There's still talk of a feature length film and I hope they make it. Hearst needs to get what's coming to him.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Ahh, need to catch up on Black Mirror, everyone's talking about it.

While tucked up with a cold over the weekend, I watched the mini-series Over The Garden Wall which has been on my to watch list for ages now. Seemed a good time of year as I knew it had a scary and autumnal feel to it.

First thought was - wow! Just wow! It's one of the most beautiful animations ever made, up there with Ghibli levels but with its own unique style, steeped in soft tones and autumn colours. The background forest scenes are so well crafted, they are memorising.

Secondly, it's **** terrifying. How is this a kid's show (and this is from someone who grew up with the Animals of Farthing Wood)? Seriously... children wandering the underworld, people grinding up the souls of the dead, doing deals with the devil, and the beast thing! Ahh. This show makes Tim Burton like like an apron-wearing granny. Yet, somehow, despite the horror, it manages to maintian a perfect charm throughout.

Much of that charm is maintained by the music which has a gorgeously warm 1920/30s feel to it. This is too good for kids.

Definitely becoming a Halloween staple for me. People who complain that America has no history or culture should go watch this. So fab.

peep

CF Legend
^How did you watch it? Is it on Netflix? I keep seeing people mention it but haven't seen it while browsing what they have.