What's new

The shortest trip ever?

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
A few of us got together last month for a Eurovision party and decided to start the proceedings with a trip to Old MacDonald's Farm in Essex to pick up the wonderfully named Doggy Dog coaster. The plan was to get there about 3 o'clock but London traffic was having none of it. Having picked up JayJay from Ladyfields, we made our slow, laborious journey out east to the M25 and about half three, we got a call from Will to ask where we were because the park shut at 4pm (not 5 as I had assumed). Ahh. Crazy driving from the motorway ensued and we finally parked up and rushed to reception about 3.45. At this point, I decided begging was the only option. Shame had long gone out the window - this was to be my first cred of the year and I wasn't being denied!

'I'm really sorry, I know you close in a minute, but would you mind if we come in?
We only want to ride your rollercoaster. Yeah, we're those people' *nervous laugh*.

Luckily, the lovely lady at the till replied
'Don't worry, that's fine, I really like rollercoasters too!'

Hooray! We hurriedly paid our £10 reduced afternoon entrance fee, crossed the gate and ran round to the cred. We found the rest of our party along the way; they had justifiably given in to cred anxiety and got to watch as JayJay and I rode the big apple along with some little children.

I think it's a rather good big apple because it involves dogs.

mtwhb0O.jpg

xPb25Tw.jpg

Then we had a look at the M25 viewing platform because you kind of have to, it's CF law.

4WbW3ZE.jpg

zxOkGIX.jpg

7Nb99st.jpg

And then we left.
The end!

Any more advances on just 15 minutes at a proper park?

Last edited:

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I think you'd probably also want to exclude mall based theme parks, as it's often a less than 5 min job to get the small creds (in my experience, at least).

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Haha, I should have known I'd open a can of worms.

Are there mall 'parks' with gated entry in the US then? I honestly have no idea.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I've never come across one with a gated entry, but I think you'd be hard pressed not to call Nickelodeon Land at Mall of America, or many of the numerous Middle Eastern mall parks, "proper parks".

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Okay, so...

Has anyone spent less than 15 minutes at a permanent, gated entry amusement park or theme park with a substantial number of rides, excluding mall-based parks?

Any more caveats anyone?

P.S. this kind of thing is why I equally adore and am infuriated by CF ;p

TilenB

Strata Poster
Okay, so...

Has anyone spent less than 15 minutes at a permanent, gated entry amusement park or theme park with a substantial number of rides, excluding mall-based parks?

Any more caveats anyone?

P.S. this kind of thing is why I equally adore and am infuriated by CF ;p
Well, I have... In Trampolino Andernach and DippieDoe. But they've both let me in for free to ride the cred, so I thought it'd be rude to ride anything else. :p