What's new

The Jer development topic! [Songbird 8/13/16]

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Re: The Jer development topic! [NL2 Update 1/20/14]

Not bad. Didn't have loads of swinging, but was nicely paced and looked pretty cool on the hillside.

Jer

Strata Poster
Re: The Jer development topic! [NL2 Update 1/20/14]

HAHA I'm gone, I'm back, again. What is this, my 6th return...well who **** cares. The recent NL2 comp has gotten me reacquainted with NL2, and I've started making my own coaster. Now I will say please be patient, until august 7th comes along I wont have much time to make lots of progress, especially when I'm doing supports (I've never used the new system) I will say thought, with the most confidence I WILL FINISH THIS. Among-st most of the failures in this topic it will be nice to finish something for one.

ANYWAY, This new ride is called Wrangler, its a loosely terrained Mack launch coaster, lots of inversions will be involved and lots of tunnels (admittedly my favorite new feature). Uhhh....screenshots!

8qNQdfB.jpg

wEBKO65.png

Nde0ruN.png

BBH

Giga Poster
Re: The Jer development topic! [Wrangler! 7/25/14]

Is that launch a block? If not, I would consider making a dual station to cover any capacity issues. Looks great otherwise though. :)

Jer

Strata Poster

At first it wasn't a block, but I just noticed the G-force comb is not always accurate, so it is now and the launch is slightly slower. I added a helix and a second inversion that were scrapped as well with this discovery.

Jer

Strata Poster

Sorry for the double, but as I mentioned I changed a few things, reworked the ride and have more screenshots, enjoy!

3vvPlad.jpg

d73GWCu.jpg

kbv1uUH.png

UJqybI2.png

Launch now has a block

1HKqRwx.png

Dual stations for higher capacity

I plan for this ride to just become insane, maybe in size, but definitely the transitions, shaping, and layout are going to be awesome.

Jer

Strata Poster
Re: The Jer development topic! [Wrangler! 7/29/14]

One last thought, sorry for the triple and the shameless bump, But I have something i'd like to show you guys

Something big is coming from me and Tom, keep waiting for more

CjfSUpH.png

BBH

Giga Poster
The Jer development topic! [Update! 7/30/14]

The Mack looks very well done from what we've seen and I'm interested to see how the hyper/giga plays out.

Jer

Strata Poster
Re: The Jer development topic! [Update! 7/30/14]

Okay, class is over time to kick this **** into top gear. Because, I finished the layout. To keep some surprise im not showing all of it, but its pretty long and pretty awesome, I supposed you'd want some stats too.

Height: 112ft (from sea level)
Speed: 58mph
Length: 4,045ft
Inversions: 5

l1gqQVo.jpg

YcqAFeJ.jpg

SFGNnNY.jpg

Was playing around with the time of day too

aihTnDm.jpg

vRsucNQ.jpg

Pink Train, just in case

yQhfgh7.jpg

Jer

Strata Poster
Re: The Jer development topic! [Wrangler Stuff 8/2/14]

Sorry guys, this photo might be too sexy for some eyes.

aGBE3cg.jpg

Jer

Strata Poster
Re: The Jer development topic! [Wrangler Stuff 8/2/14]

LOOK I FINISHED A RIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously though it feels good to finish this track, its my first attempt at inversions in NL2, and its my first complete use of custom supports, i've learned quite a lot on this ride. The new supports system I love, makes everything easy and the supports look great. Also the ride will run with the pink train on the track, it will just have a small amount of stacking. But feel free to add it if you want.

eCwzc2t.jpg

http://www.mediafire.com/download/np87r ... er.nl2park

Jer

Strata Poster
Re: The Jer development topic! [Wrangler Download 8/12/14]

So, I don't know if you guys want me to keep updating, I've gotten zero feedback on wrangler, if i'm doing something wrong let me know. But if i'm not gonna get any more feedback i'm not going to bother posting anymore. Here are two teasers for my current projects. This might be my last update ever.

QarHpIx.png

dIhQNKV.png

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Re: The Jer development topic! [8/24/14]

That drop looks awesome! Kinda like Fury325

I like the colors for the sitdown! I would say it looks like Batman clones a bit.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

I've been out of the country for the last month, only able to browse on my phone, but I've got these topics noted so that when I'm back home next weekend I can give them a look. Don't worry, feedback (from me at least) is coming. :)

Ethan

Strata Poster

If you want feedback more often, maybe post on a site like the NLE Forums?
And I mean this in the nicest way I promise, but more unique coasters get feedback. I mean look at Crazycoaster's threads. His coasters are phenomenal, and so is the amount of feedback he gets!

And I'm not slagging off your coasters, your shaping is actually really good. Better than most in NL2 by a long shot.

Jer

Strata Poster

Don't worry, I take no offence.

NLE forums don't seem to work for me, I only just realized I had an account, but it hasn't been active for years, and it seems none of my emails are attached to it. I'm sorry to complain, I was just feeling kind of down about this.

As for unique rides im not sure what you mean, if you mean to make more 3ds? that shouldn't affect the feedback on a ride. Plus, i've never been able to 3d model.

Anyway, I suppose I can give some info on the current projects.

The giga is called Gamora, its themed to Guardians of the Galaxy, its around 350ft tall, 10,000ft of track, and a top speed of 99.6 mph. Most of the track was designed by Tom as was the terraind, and im responsible for the smoothing, and supporting.

S9eRNig.png

The floorless is called The Knife, its 120ft tall and so far has 4 inversions, looking at possibly 6 or 7 by the time it's done. Its really a standard B&M because i've never done one and the new B&M styles and supports in NL2 are really sexy.

Jok9bAb.png

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Re: The Jer development topic! [8/25/14]

I spent about two hours trying to have it just touch 100 mph but it threw off the next hill.

Ethan

Strata Poster

^^ I didn't mean more 3Ds, maybe it's because his layouts are quite intricate and unique?

As for the Giga you posted, it looks really interesting! I'd love to see more of it!

Jer

Strata Poster

The Giga supports are coming along nicely, I really wanted to update with two screenshots of The Knife. I just wanted to say in my 15 or so years of NL, I have finally made a batwing, and I cant honestly say I never want to make one again. It took me close to 3hrs to balance correct shaping and safe gs. BUt damn does it look sexy, and it rides well too.

C8p23vM.png

Wavm19r.png

Yeah the shaping on the exit isn't perfect in this screen, I got it looking much better now.

Work will be slow the next few weeks, school begins tomorrow.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Re: The Jer development topic! [9/1/14]

So I was finally able to download Wrangler, sorry it's taken me so long.

Really nice ride. The layout was good, it felt fast, twisty, unexpected, flow-y and fun - so I approve! Trackwork wise, I think it was mostly there. There were a few spots where the banking transitions didn't feel as smooth as other places in the ride, but I'm not going to focus on that too much as my old laptop wasn't running it perfectly smoothly either.

Nice terrain interaction and tunnels (I do like the new tunnels... :p ), and all in all a good ride. Felt creative enough without stepping well outside the realms of realism. Good work!