What's new

The Jer development topic! [Songbird 8/13/16]

Jer

Strata Poster
Re: The Jer development topic! [Krosis Updates! 7/3/12]

for the 5th (or so) revival, I got a new mouse, and new worlds have opened up for me, I was sitting around today and realized, I havent used No Limits in forever, so I picked Krosis back up and have been working on supports for some time now.

1fgBa.png

So welcome back me, and heres to a 2013 of great tracks!

Jer

Strata Poster
Re: The Jer development topic! [Did you miss me? 1/9/13]

So lets face it Krosis was boring the **** out of me, sorry guys, but look on the bright side, I've started a new ride, it's inspired by The Smiler, except it wont come to pieces and it wont break your neck. Also it wont have 14 inversions, don't really know the count yet, I would like to do at least 10, but we will have to see how the layout flows.

cfDMeEI.png

I'm going to try and keep the updates as regular as possible, but we shall see what happens when I have 3 projects running at once.

Jer

Strata Poster
Re: The Jer development topic! [Updates 7/21/13]

Excuse the double, but last night I started working and caught a disease i'm calling Smiler syndrome, once I started adding inversions I couldn't stop, it took a well timed power outage for me to stop, i'm currently at 5 (Barrel roll, Dive Loop, Dive Loop, Corkscrew, Corkscrew)It's just getting more and more compact as it goes, and I love it.

YMJIIfr.png

QdyIyJs.png

At this rate though, unless I can conserve speed well wnough it will most likely have a second lift or a launch.

Jer

Strata Poster
Re: The Jer development topic! [Updates 7/21/13]

Thanks Arly, But I guess I should talk some more about the ride itself. I've called it Lumineer, and i'm currently at 8 inversions, since it's been this easy to get 7 with one lift i don't see how I cant get 14 making it tied with The Smiler for real life, and my personal record. The first lift is 135ft, and the second is 130ft. I guess the 5 makes a difference, not really sure why. I'm going to try and run 4 trains smoothly, that one on each section of track, and two in the stations (i'm going to make 2, yes), also the support on this ride are going to be a bitch, so they should prove to be interesting.

Zy01IIv.png

QhNUxXZ.png

I've also make this....thing, im not sure if the first part is an inversion but im considering it one, it started as a cobra roll but now it's....something

wMDzcxa.jpg

dHRwuJv.png

Jer

Strata Poster
Re: The Jer development topic! [Lumineer Update 7/23/13]

5FB9Ghh.png

I'm at 12 inversions now, but I want to share with you this magical view from the editor, seriously, Supports? what are those?

3TotniV.jpg

This is from the sim, gotta do some clearance testing on inversion 12. So far the order of inverisons is

Barrel Roll, Dive Loop, Dive Loop, Corkscrew, Corkscrew, Thing (2 inversions), Barrel Roll, Immelmann, Cutback, Loop thing (it's oddly deformed), Dive Loop.

Jer

Strata Poster
Re: The Jer development topic! [Lumineer Update 7/23/13]

Big update guys! I have a lot to dicuss. We will start with the big news, the rides layout is finished! and the final inversion count, it's not 10, 12 or even 14, it's 15! beating the Smiler by a single barrel roll. I was really happy with it, but it's a curse and you'll find out why.

Now the ride is also a capacity monster, 2 stations running 4 trains means it's very efficient and there will always be 2 trains on the circuit, 1 in the station, and 1 empty one on the block waiting to board.

I am loving this ride but hating it at the same time, smoothing has been a pain in the ass, I've only gotten up to the first corkscrew to my personal standard but have been jumping around due to G spikes that keep popping up, but it seems that i'll smooth an element, create a spike, fix the spike, and ruin the element. and having 15 inversions means that smoothing is going to be a long and tedious process so please stick by me guys!

Anyway, blah blah blah screenshots!

U8zvSM8.png

lXGltJ0.png

ZaYoABa.png

29JWZgZ.jpg

Counter Corckscrews, they were hard to make perfect, but a lot of fun

feU3kSZ.png

Also, if you love the lifts Arly, wait til you see them in action ;)

nCS8jpj.png

BBH

Giga Poster
Re: The Jer development topic! [Lumineer Update 7/25/13]

I'm not sure if it's because of this or the open window behind me blowing 60 degree air into the house, but I got goosebumps looking at it.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

I would not want to have to support that... ;)

Jer

Strata Poster

Guys, I did things, and more things are to come!

lpDfXUJ.png

See what happens when I take off of a competition

BBH

Giga Poster
Re: The Jer development topic! [Lumineer Update 9/10/13]

You should hold back on competitions more often if we'll see stuff like this.

Jer

Strata Poster

Supports are coming along, definitely a challenge to fit them all so far, but the ride seems much more spread out now that im supporting. Still the ride is looking sexy.

Also I should probably note, the ride was neutered one inversion, the final roll was great fun, but it would not smooth, and it was rough in Gs, so im down to 14.

joXrAuU.png

ESCi7S7.png

6yijJVI.png

These supports are fun too I should add.

BBH

Giga Poster

cxeBy.png

That's all I really have to say about that. :lol: It's utter fab.

AJClarke0912

Roller Poster
Re: The Jer development topic! [Lumineer Update 9/11/13]

Man I forgot you post here Jer. It's been a while.

Looks great as usual! Your rides don't always have the flair that other people's have but you make great "no frills, standard NoLimits" tracks. Look forward to seeing it.

Jer

Strata Poster
Re: The Jer development topic! [Lumineer Update 9/11/13]

Hello all, I finally finished my first NL2 track, a suspended coaster themed to Wipeout called Sol.

I'm going to be honest. Everything took a backseat to learning the program, so build quality may have suffered a bit, and there is no scenery. I really just wanted to become acquainted to the new interface and building style.

a8x3Ltk.jpg

Download here