What's new

The classic acrade game you remember the most.

TLARides

Hyper Poster
I've recently gotten hooked on Daytona: USA, an old Sega/AM1 racing arcade game from the 90's that was recently revived with a 3rd addition to the series in 2016 called Daytona (3) Championship USA.

Before my nearest retro arcade closed, they had a Daytona: USA machine and I played it non-stop. It was so much fun, all the drifting and the music (including the guys who screamed/sang "Daytonaaaaaaaaaaa" in the title screen). I think one of my favorite parts was Three-Seven Speedway and how impossible that final turn was if you weren't ready for it.

Just writing this, I was listening to the soundtrack Sega released in 2009, two years before they put it out on Xbox 360 and PC.

That's enough about me, how about you?

Zek_Teh_Kek

Hyper Poster
For some reason, I remember Mappy the most. I remember a mouse cop and doors and it was hard.
Oh, and DigDug. That game was awesome!

Will

Strata Poster
Either we don't *do* arcades as much in the UK, or I've just never spent much time in them - outside of theme parks anyway - Chessington used to have a few fun racing games, including mario kart.
I liked Frogger and Pacman when they we remastered for the PC in the late 90s though :)

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles: Turtles in Time.
It was an arcade game first, then went onto the SNES, but after I'd spent hours and hours on the arcade.

When I got a little older the first House of the Dead came out, I spent nearly as much time on that, demolished the leaderboard and could quite easily complete with just £1, that game was frickin awesome.

Sandman

Giga Poster
Road Rash on Sega was one of my favourites, I remember playing it so much when I got it for Christmas in the early 90's!

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Pac-man, Paperboy, Pitfall, Combat, Frogger, Donkey Kong - all on the Atari console off of the 80's - now they were games, man! Better than all this Halo/Call of Duty sh*te that the kids play nowadays.
The early 90's saw the arrival of the 'first person 3D shooter', so Doom (1 and 2), Quake, Duke Nukem 3D and my personal favourite, Redneck Rampage (especially when you added the downloadable cuss-pack - "F**k you and the horse you rode in on" :) )
Anything after that I'm clueless on cos I got into girls and beer and going out n stuff.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Pac-man, Paperboy, Pitfall, Combat, Frogger, Donkey Kong - all on the Atari console off of the 80's - now they were games, man! Better than all this Halo/Call of Duty sh*te that the kids play nowadays.
The early 90's saw the arrival of the 'first person 3D shooter', so Doom (1 and 2), Quake, Duke Nukem 3D and my personal favourite, Redneck Rampage (especially when you added the downloadable cuss-pack - "F**k you and the horse you rode in on" :) )
Anything after that I'm clueless on cos I got into girls and beer and going out n stuff.
They aren't arcades but gaming consoles, try again :)

TLARides

Hyper Poster
The early 90's saw the arrival of the 'first person 3D shooter, so Doom (1 and 2), Quake, Duke Nukem 3D and my personal favourite, Redneck Rampage (especially when you added the downloadable cuss-pack - "F**k you and the horse you rode in on" :) )
The recently remade the original Doom and it seemed pretty good, I have yet to see how it holds up against the original.

I could make an argument against Halo being bad. Sure, it's not as good as the pure classic games. But it's a pretty good shooter with a good story and gameplay.

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

Howie

Donkey in a hat
They aren't arcades but gaming consoles, try again :)

Fair comment... but Pac-man and Donkey Kong definitely had arcade equivalents, Doom definitely did too and I'm almost certain that I've seen Quake and Duke Nukem in arcade form as well.
So there.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Fair comment... but Pac-man and Donkey Kong definitely had arcade equivalents, Doom definitely did too and I'm almost certain that I've seen Quake and Duke Nukem in arcade form as well.
So there.
Really? I don't remember seeing the Doom/Quake/Duke arcades at all, I remember having the 20 Doom floppy disks to install though, those were the days.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Pffft, kids these days.
You're a strange one though @Hixee - old enough to remember the Dragons duelling, but not old enough to know the joys of floppy disks. Kinda stuck in the middle there, ain't ya?

Honestly, when you had to spend 5 hours trying to get 2 computers talking to each other over an ISDN network before you could have an online Duke-match with your best mate, the resultant gaming experience was altogether more satisfying at the end.
Turning on and logging in? Far too easy.

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
I used to absolutely adore arcade games. A popular kids party would be a trip to my local megabowl where we’d have a game of bowling followed by a game of laser quest followed by junk food in Wimpy then a session on the arcade games. Personal favorites of mine were;
Time Crisis,
9916-1680_time-crisis-2-deluxe.jpg

House of the dead,
house-of-the-dead-2-cabinet.jpg

Crazy Taxi,
23568-crazy-taxi-high-roller-arcade-in-showroom.jpg

Daytona Rally (could either be a Toyota Corolla or a Lancia Delta Integrale)
IMG_3549.jpg

Love a good old pinball machine too, im obsessed with the intricacy involved in making them.

TLARides

Hyper Poster
I used to absolutely adore arcade games. A popular kids party would be a trip to my local megabowl where we’d have a game of bowling followed by a game of laser quest followed by junk food in Wimpy then a session on the arcade games. Personal favorites of mine were;
Time Crisis,
9916-1680_time-crisis-2-deluxe.jpg

House of the dead,
house-of-the-dead-2-cabinet.jpg

Crazy Taxi,
23568-crazy-taxi-high-roller-arcade-in-showroom.jpg

Daytona Rally (could either be a Toyota Corolla or a Lancia Delta Integrale)
IMG_3549.jpg

Love a good old pinball machine too, im obsessed with the intricacy involved in making them.
I remember Time Crisis and Crazy Taxi. Daytona Rally though, I've never heard of that and the only Daytona arcade game I know is Daytona USA. Did you mean Sega Rally?

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
I remember Time Crisis and Crazy Taxi. Daytona Rally though, I've never heard of that and the only Daytona arcade game I know is Daytona USA. Did you mean Sega Rally?

My bad, two different games! Sega Rally is the one im referring to, @DelPiero here's the beast in all her glory!!

Sega-Rally.jpg

sega_rally_mountain.jpg