What's new

Territories with a disproportionate number of a ride type.

Gazza

Giga Poster
So I was pondering this with the news of the UK getting their 2nd 10 looper. Are there any countries or areas that seem to have a disproportionately high number per capita of a certain ride type compared to elsewhere?

Japanese parks seem to beat everyone in terms of giant ferris wheels and sky cycles.

In Australia, another park is getting a Proslide tornado, thats like our 8th for 24 million people.

Germany seems to beat the world in terms of Butterflys and Weigand Tobboggans.

Any others that seem to stick out?

Matt N

CF Legend
Interestingly, the state of Florida also has 2 out of the 5 B&M Sitting Coasters ever built, which seems an oddly high proportion!

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Chinese Jungle Mouse coasters. Multiples of the same ride in the same cities, sometimes within walking distance. The same can be said for a lot of the flat rides as well.

Shenzhen has 3 (could be more by now) Golden Horse water splash things.

Turkey has a Booster and Zamperla Discovery in practically every tiny park (more than one of each in some of them).

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

FarleyFlavors

Mega Poster
Indonesia has two of the world's three remaining wooden wild mouses. Which is just plain greedy.

ETA: Just looked it up and apparently there's a couple in the States I wasn't aware of. So ignore that.

Last edited:

Peet

Giga Poster
Indonesia has two of the world's three remaining wooden wild mouses. Which is just plain greedy.

ETA: Just looked it up and apparently there's a couple in the States I wasn't aware of. So ignore that.
Nope those are just ghost trains that for some reason RCDB lists as wooden wild mouse roller coasters, you were right first time.

To answer the topic question, the three B&M invert Batman clones in Texas spring to mind.

thepoweroften

Roller Poster
I think small UK parks have enough Pinfaris. It’s been a laugh and all but now I really think we are okay for Pinfaris.

Last edited:

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Mack Bobsleds. There's only 5 left operating in the world and 2 of them are in Germany. A third one is just over the border in northern France. If you were to class northern Europe as a territory, you could bundle the Blackpool one in with those too. The only one left out on its own is poor old Avalanche all the way out in Virginia. ?

Boodangy

Mega Poster
Finland has 2 out of the 3 (I don't know there might be more by now) Moser Rides Gravity Tower 75s (previously known as Mäch towers).

Gazza

Giga Poster

I totally forgot, at one point Australia had 4 wooden mouses, and now we are down to 1.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
The state of Texas has three of the world's 12 inverted Batman clones, and two are located 15 minutes apart.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Spain has a ton of Saltamontes/Rana/Grillo kind of rides. They are easily found at every fair and the larger fairs even have 3 regular models, a spinning one and a kid-sized one running at full capacity.

This ride looks like this:

Also, Spain has so many rides with stand up iterations that they would make any American lawyer drool. Pirate ships with cages on both ends and no restraints, same with falling stars and enterprises even!