What's new

Telford Gets a Cred!

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Oh yes, check out this bad boy:

32910586793_2d1a0a7f45_z.jpg

This state-of-the-art thrill machine is just part of a new, cutting-edge entertainment resort in a world-renowned, tourism hotspot (the bottom end of Madeley High Street, opposite The Miner's Arms, next to the police station (If you get to Aldi's, you've gone past it)).

33723886865_610b6e6a3d_z.jpg

Rest assured, your trusty, roving reporter will be back here later to cover the unveiling of the new, custom designed trains, and hopefully bag a cheeky ERT session with an in-depth review to follow.
As the international enthusiast community flocks to my home town to try out this latest entry in the UK's impressive cannon of epoch-defining rollercoasters, be sure to call in at Howie's for a cuppa tea! :)

But seriously folks, I gotta ask, how many of you sad muppets would actually ride something like this? (I know the likes of Morton, Maycock and Roach would be on it like a shot without even a hint of shame. In fact, they'll probably be here before the weekend. I'm talking about normal people.)
And if you did, would you count it?
Does Coaster-Count even have a record of all these tin-pot, travelling kiddie coasters?
How many of these things are there floating around?

I'm just curious, this is a whole new level of goonhood for me. A shadowy, secretive world that honestly, I'm a bit scared to get involved in.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I'd do it.

I head down to Birmingham every summer to catch up with friends, and my train goes through Telford. I'd probably make a quick stop for it if it was there when I was, but I wouldn't make the trip especially.

davidm

Strata Poster
Careful Gavin, Madeley is a little trek from Telford rail station - you'll need a taxi to get there, but if you write down the location on a piece of paper you can probably make one of the local taxi drivers understand where you want to go.
--
I worked in Telford for about 10 years (not now thankfully); was always disappointed that "Telford Wonderland" (which I could see from the office!) didn't at least have some kiddie-cred I could have picked up on my lunchtime. Stupid Telford.

Ireeb

Mega Poster
Powered Coasters usually don't count. I call them roller coasters especially when I talk to "normal" people, but I don't count them.

Will

Strata Poster
Does Coaster-Count even have a record of all these tin-pot, travelling kiddie coasters?
How many of these things are there floating around?
This is exactly why I don't count travelling coasters - it gets too confusing to try to keep track of, and would also involve trekking to even more god-forsaken places than I already do in search of creds :p

Howie

Donkey in a hat
^And it doesn't get much more god-forsaken than the ass-end of Telford, believe me! :)

Is that a twirly power cable though? Cred status: dubious

I dunno, not seeing any lift-hill motors, but that flat section to the right looks a lot like a launch track to me. How many g's do you reckon that pulls? 5? 6?

Careful Gavin, Madeley is a little trek from Telford rail station - you'll need a taxi to get there, but if you write down the location on a piece of paper you can probably make one of the local taxi drivers understand where you want to go.
--
I worked in Telford for about 10 years (not now thankfully).

Admit it - you already have the cred, don't you, Dave?

davidm

Strata Poster
Crickey no, very jealous of you.
Wonder if anyone on here will own up to getting it in any other sketchy travelling-fair setup? :p

( think you may have me down a bit wrong mind, whilst I will ride the odd shameful kiddie-cred I don't really make any great special effort (well, apart from that weekend last year for Gullivers that is, but that was really only about the woody) )

DelPiero

Strata Poster
I've ridden a few kiddy creds, but never a go gator and I'd probably draw the line at something that small unless it has a USP. I have the Miner Mike by the sea on the east coast as the setting is quite unique, that's probably the smallest cred I have.
Guarantee NHS is on the phone to Richard this second organising a trip.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Be quick, people, I think it's only there until Apr 2nd.
It'd be worth it just to say to yourselves, 'So this is where people like Howie come from'.

See those woods at the back? I got chased by the police through there once. :D

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
I'll confess up front that I'm not the best at judging distances, but I can't tell from the photo whether that's a giga. I see that the visible support is propped up on a wooden crate, so I don't know whether that's cheating.