What's new

Tayto Park | Viking Voyage | Interlink Super Flume

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^ It's not even a typical CF joke. It's a lazy copy and paste from another forum.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Wait, after all these years, it still isn't counted as a typical CF joke?

Oh well, log flume then. Should be a popular ride, at least. Log flumes tend to rank very highly in terms of rider count, since they're fun for all ages and all that. I doubt it will draw many people to the park, but at least it gives those already there something to do. It's a sort of establishing ride for the park too, I mean, at some point it seems every park will have a log flume, and Tayto Park gets it out of the way now.

Lofty

CF Legend
That joke needs to result in a ban for any user that still says it :lol, it dates back to **** 2005/2006 when Maverick was constructing....

Scott88

Hyper Poster
Pokemaniac said:
Wait, after all these years, it still isn't counted as a typical CF joke?

Oh well, log flume then. Should be a popular ride, at least. Log flumes tend to rank very highly in terms of rider count, since they're fun for all ages and all that. I doubt it will draw many people to the park, but at least it gives those already there something to do. It's a sort of establishing ride for the park too, I mean, at some point it seems every park will have a log flume, and Tayto Park gets it out of the way now.

In fairness, it's another stepping stone for Tayto Park to grow into a bigger and better theme park. I was there on Saturday and very impressed with how they've started out, all of the group I was with are determined to go back next season when the new ride is open and continue to support the park in its early days.

All of the management I spoke with on Saturday said a Flume ride is coming, construction is well under way.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
I actually quite like the idea of a new log flume. A number of UK parks seem to be ripping them out these days and the ride type has a bit of a reputation of being a bit old school. But after the coasters, they offer a great group experience. Yay Tayto!

hamcake

Roller Poster
Nice little write up in parkworld magazine today, mostly just a recap of this year but they say the new water ride will be extensively themed. Apparently a theming pass is in the works for other existing rides too, which will be very welcome.

Dar

Hyper Poster
Took some screenshots, might not be the best quality but I tried my bestest and that's what's important!

c0UT2KL.jpg

pf8bZof.jpg

i39R2rg.jpg

t4EuAgo.jpg

Album link

Lofty

CF Legend
That magazine is just FULL of spelling errors, it's so bad.

Yeah, there's not a lot more info than we already knew. Great to see them getting one of the new types of Enterprises though.

hamcake

Roller Poster
EthC said:
Rather then making a new topic I thought I'd just put it here.

Well the park has made the papers for the wrong reason due to 9 people getting injured sue to a set of stairs collapsing for their house of horrors attraction.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... eland.html

been a mixed bag reading the news and social media response to this. lots of people not reading and thinking the rollercoaster collapsed, lots of calling for the place to be closed down etc.

then the mirror screwed up by posting photos that show it was a fairly minor incident, the bit of stairs that collapsed was about 5 ft off the ground.

definitely a bad event overall, but hopefully it won't scare too many people away. it's the kind of thing that leaves a lasting effect and might be totally twisted into something much worse than it actually was as time goes by.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Haha...I'm saying nothing public about nadroj and davidm are discussing. But if they remind me when I see them in person, I'll fill them in.