What's new

Emerald Park News/Discussion

hamcake

Roller Poster
it's vekoma, the title on the main PDF is
N:\15045_Tayto Park Rollercoaster No 2\04 Drawings\02_Planning\2018-09-xx Draft Planning Vekoma Coaster\152 Proposed Overall Site Layout Rev

Ben

CF Legend
I’m just so sad it’s such a dull layout!

Of all the cool things Vekoma are doing why are they getting something poop!

Come on Tayto we were rooting for you! We were all rooting for you!

rollercoaster2

Mega Poster
There is, what appears to be an indicative, image on the EIS
Dt2dcHFXcAAygHC.jpg

See CLSKenny twitter

Bluegamesful

Roller Poster
It might even be properly suspended and swing like the SFC model. Could be exciting and a nice first step for this new model.

rollercoaster2

Mega Poster
Another positive for the park with this coaster is that it opens up quite a substantial new land bank for other attractions...looking forward to seeing details of the themeing of this ride.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Vekoma have been pitching inversion on their family suspended coaster for a while.
And while this reveal is a bit of a disappointment as i was expecting something more thrilling to be honest. The fact they are getting the first inverting version of the SFC is kind of cool.
I was kind of sad Dollywood didnt take up that option but the fact a small park in Ireland has could mean more interesting layouts from now on.
Imagine how much more we would all want to ride Kiddy Hawk (Carowinds) or Flying School (Legoland Florida) if they had a corkscrew. We are fickle people after all :p

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Not that there was any doubt but flicking through the planning documents it does confirm by name that the coasters are the recently announced new generation Vekoma "Suspended Thrill Coaster" model and a "family boomerang".
Screenshot_20181208-030137_Samsung_Internet.jpg

After the owner said in interviews a few years ago about being interested in hybrids/inverting woodies (especially as the wooden structures fit the natural look/feel of the park) its interesting to read the reasoning for choosing these coasters instead of something like that.
FB_IMG_1544234952038.jpg

Might not be the thrill ride people had hoped for but I think the new Suspended coaster could be a really fun family thrill ride. Intrigued to see it in a couple of years time.
Hoping they do some nice theming or landscaping as well. Make it into a nice little area like they did with Viking Voyage.

Last edited:

rollercoaster2

Mega Poster
It's good to have a mix of styles in my opinion. Wooden coasters are rare because parks don't want the headaches. Considering TP only opened in 2010 it's done extremely well standing on it's own. Let's hope in the meantime more good attractions are added as well. I expect them to go all out in terms of themeing this area.

View from the car park of this and CC coaster will be immense ;)

Last edited:

JoshC.

Strata Poster
I still think the STC looks pretty decent for a family thrill cred, so I'm looking forward to it.

Bit confused how they're spending €14m on this though. I guess when you include groundwork and the non-coaster expansion they're doing with this project it makes more sense, but it's still a bit of a shock when you consider how cheap Junior Boomerangs are, and how cheap some of Vekoma's larger rides have been!

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster
I still think the STC looks pretty decent for a family thrill cred, so I'm looking forward to it.

Bit confused how they're spending €14m on this though. I guess when you include groundwork and the non-coaster expansion they're doing with this project it makes more sense, but it's still a bit of a shock when you consider how cheap Junior Boomerangs are, and how cheap some of Vekoma's larger rides have been!

I'm only speculating, but this could be the result of Vekoma's increasing their price tag for their thrill coasters, kinda like RMC after the success of their I Box track. Again, just speculating, but perhaps Vekoma had deliberately been selling their previous thrill concepts like Lech and Formula at an agressive price in an attempt to recapture this segment of the market (while still making profits from their family coaster sales). Now that many, many thrill coasters contracts have been signed - to the point the company could be saturated with demands from other customers - I presume Vekoma took the opportunity to raise prices, in line with their ambition to be a 'prenium' manufacturer so to speak.

Very excited about this concept in any event. Did I just see an airtime hill on a lap-bar Inverted coaster?!