What's new

Emerald Park News/Discussion

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
he said "Copper-fasten" clearly it's a Copper head strike clone.

I'm going for the Hybrid theory. wood and steel 2 in one. put in a launch like Dollywood and you have your European first. although the Mack theory certainly has credence but I can't see them hitting that capacity mark.

ciaran75

Roller Poster
Wonder Woman Golden Lasso raptor, has a 600 per hour capacity with 1800 foot length
multiply that by 2 and add 600 foot per track and should easily do 1200.

seriously doubt they'll be putting raptor in tayto, reckon some type of launched dueling coaster

bob_3_

Giga Poster
Wonder Woman Golden Lasso raptor, has a 600 per hour capacity with 1800 foot length
multiply that by 2 and add 600 foot per track and should easily do 1200.

Sorry what are you on about? I'm not sure I understand your maths?

"2 coasters in 1" and "europe's first" combined is throwing me off. Most coasters I can think of that I could possibly state as being 2 coasters in one are already here.

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
What about a duelling invert/sit down? Like that hideous orange/green thing they’re building in Guangzhuo? We don’t have one of those in Europe right?

ciaran75

Roller Poster
Sorry what are you on about? I'm not sure I understand your maths?
Was referring to capacity 1200 an hour should be possible. essentially if had 2 raptors (600 each) interlinked would double capacity to 1200
By 2 coasters in 1 I'm specualing that the 2 is number of distinct tracks and 1 is ride like dragon challenge, Colossus etc. People refer to ride not which track you ride.

Could be completely wrong

rollercoaster2

Mega Poster
Exciting.
That's 400 meters longer than the wooden coaster. About half the length again.

DtQtrUPWoAAS4eQ.jpg:large

shaunthatkid

Mega Poster
A roller-coaster has been confirmed for Tayto Park by park owner Ray Coyle for 2021.
He also stated in an interview "The new roller-coaster will be two roller-coasters in one. It will be a first for Europe and ensure the future of the park. If you don’t create something landmark every three of four years, your numbers will start going down and that is the road to closure.”
Two roller coasters in one could mean multiple things it could mean a, duelling coaster, Or maybe two elements. He also states it would be the first for Europe possibly meaning that this coaster type is somewhere else in the world.
Some other stats that was confirmed in the interview.
Cost: 14 Million.
Height: 105 ft (Same height as there Gravity Group.)
Length: 4,862.2 ft
Type: Steel

News report: https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ire...ild-14-million-steel-roller-coaster-1.3715661