What's new

Sun Tzu Culture Park | Catapult Roller Coaster | Launched S&S

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
True. But Arrow 'made' the Raven Turn on X. I guess it carried on to S&S after the bankruptcy?

We'll just see how the ride turns out.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
29.jpg

I always assumed the layout on the park plan was just a place holder. But turns out it was actually correct. You can see it top right on here. The mine train is to the left of the big buildings.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
They're my favourite launch coasters. This place is in the middle of f**king nowhere though with no other parks around it. Total mission unless they're planning on throwing some decent filler in as well.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
gavin said:
They're my favourite launch coasters. This place is in the middle of f**king nowhere though with no other parks around it. Total mission unless they're planning on throwing some decent filler in as well.

It is so far from anything useful. If i remember it's not even on the highspeed train network.
It also means the coaster could easily be built by now and we'd have no idea. (although i doubt it since its taken years to get to this point) It's not exactly on the path well traveled.

I can offer another picture of the track with another weird stone monument though. :p

suntzutrack.jpg

And what may be the Air tanks for the ride.
airtanks.jpg

Last edited:

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Finally some progress as the satellite image updates from 2014 to 2017. Looks like at least major works for the ride have started. Cant tell if things are moving along though.
Sun Tzu COaster Sat.JPG

HeartlineCoaster

Theme Park Superhero
Is this a thing yet?
The virtual tour on the website is such a tease and never seems to put you quite in the right place.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Hmmm well there is progress of a sorts. They moved all the track from one place to another.
Compare this to the previous satellite view above. That seems to be it.

Capture.JPG

The park seems to be opening attractions piecemeal. The mine train coaster opened a few months ago. Then the splash boat a month or two later and this month the S&S shot towers have gone up. All of these had been on site for ages. Just a waiting game i guess.

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster
Seeing this pic after the Firestorm ones, the shaping of this Top Hat seems much wider than on the Vekoma coming to Hainan. Don't get me wrong, it doesn't look bad at all and I believe it is similar to previous S&S launches.

There seems to be some exciting moments on this one too, such as that twisted hill. I wish S&S will get a contract for a launch outside of China one day!