What's new

Strangest Coaster Layouts

BBH

Giga Poster
Some can be called visionary, some called better than sex, and others just plain weird. Which coaster layouts are the weirdest in your opinion?

These Pax monstrosities look like they were created by someone on meth.

0596ecab4f93e504f79058fed695e1f3.jpg

spicy

Giga Poster
I know the coaster gets good reviews, and to be fair I have never ridden it. But I think still think Krake's layout at Heide Park is just strange and looks so dull.

The coaster could have done so much more with those new trains really taking the B&M vertical drop to another level, but instead, it just does... nothing.

therick311

Mega Poster
I think Goliath (Great America) looks strange. But, then again, I'm still not convinced that inversions belong on wooden coasters.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Adventure Express' most in-depth theming is during the lift hill... at the end.

elephant58

Hyper Poster
Daemonen, with its helix halfway down the first drop, which also goes for the Vekoma looper with many names at that park in South Korea.

TilenB

Strata Poster
Lost Coaster of Superstition Mountain, anyone?
And I love the look of Pax coasters. They look so **** up and crazy, yet they are said to be really smooth and have a lot of ejector airtime.

Hutch

Strata Poster
Thunder Dolphin. The layout is so weird and doesn't look like very exciting ride. Just a bunch of banked turns.

It also has this part:
laqua35.jpg

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^It was labeled as Afterburner on coaster sites; it's actually just called Screaming Squirrel, and it's crap.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
It doesn't even do anything. It doesn't drop through those "drops" at all; it just slowly crawls through them. The fact that it was the cheapest non-kiddy ride at the park says it all. Nobody bothers with it.

PeskyTrimBrake

Hyper Poster
The strangest in my opinion are
-Stormrunner, Hersheypark
-The Smiler, Alton Towers
-Round About, Freestyle Music Park
-Vekoma Stingray
-Screamin Squirrel

insanecoastervids

Hyper Poster
I think that goliath at Magic Mountain has a strange layout even with that great first drop but there is no airtime and the curves are just weird.

Kebab

Giga Poster
G Force at Drayton Manor has a very weird layout in my opinion, no matter how diabolical it is.

Even Nemesis has a strange layout, especially if you just plonked it on top of a car park. But that layout and terrain is what makes nemesis so special really!

TilenB

Strata Poster
^ most of the terrain coasters would look really weird if you'd just plonk them on a car park. That's why they're called terrain coasters.