What's new

Steak?

how??

• Still mooing, no steak for me!

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • still mooing as I stick the fork in (mwahahahah)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • rare

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • medium rare

Votes: 11 34.4%
  • medium

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • medium well

• well done

• burnt to a cinder

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Proper medium rare. I like it to look cooked on the outside and be warm, soft and bloody in the middle.

Best steak I ever had was at a Little Chef just outside Frome in Somerset. That was most likely a complete fluke though and I doubt it could ever be replicated at another one anywhere in the world.

nealbie

CF Legend
furie said:
Proper medium rare. I like it to look cooked on the outside and be warm, soft and bloody in the middle.

This.

But horse. Superior to cow in every way. Was really disappointed all the produce got pulled off the shelves in the horsemeat scandal - it's a higher quality meat for a lower price. Win/Win!

nealbie

CF Legend
Nemesis of oblivion said:
Well done. Can't be bothered to chew for long.

See, I've never understood people who say this... The more "cooked" a steak is the longer it takes to chew! :lol:

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Medium, I've had too many piss poor medium rare and I LOATHE well done steaks. If I make it or I'm at a nice restaurant, I get it medium rare, as I know they do it right, otherwise, medium because that is typically medium rare at less than amazing places since they can't cook for ****.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
CoastingChris50 said:
Edward M said:
Medium well without red meat but still not too crisp or burnt.

Couldn't put it any better.

You could. you could have put:

"I find a steak at it's most delectable when cooked to a speciality restaurant standard of 'medium-well done'. I find the meat must be well browned through, no sign of any red or pink - but absolutely no charring or hardening around the outside of the cut of beef"

That's slightly better.

Or how about:

"Oh blessed bovine sacrifice, for your flesh I salivate
Be cooked right through deliciously, and placed upon my plate
Beware though of no redness, for that you must atone
Seared not or burnt my meaty cut, make it medium/well done."

That would also have been a little better.

Must try harder :p

Colossus

Giga Poster
lol Furie <3

My partner made steak for the first time a few weeks ago for our 4 year anniversary, although her cooking abilities or of the highest caliber, I was still somewhat skeptical that she would pull it off, but to my surprise she did indeed cook it perfectly.

I like mine medium rare.

Chris Coasters

Strata Poster
furie said:
CoastingChris50 said:
Edward M said:
Medium well without red meat but still not too crisp or burnt.

Couldn't put it any better.

You could. you could have put:

"I find a steak at it's most delectable when cooked to a speciality restaurant standard of 'medium-well done'. I find the meat must be well browned through, no sign of any red or pink - but absolutely no charring or hardening around the outside of the cut of beef"

That's slightly better.

Or how about:

"Oh blessed bovine sacrifice, for your flesh I salivate
Be cooked right through deliciously, and placed upon my plate
Beware though of no redness, for that you must atone
Seared not or burnt my meaty cut, make it medium/well done."

That would also have been a little better.

Must try harder :p

Well played Furie, well played.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I don't really eat it much, but when I do, it has to be well done. Yeah, I know it's not supposed to taste as good that way, but I couldn't give a flying ****. That's how I like it, so you food snobs can piss off.

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
Steak is delicious but the thought of cutting into it and having blood flow out is just horrible. I am glad you have put in the 'well done' and 'burnt to a crisp' option because there is a massive difference. If done right a well done piece of steak will be tender and juicy, whereas leaving it cooking too long it dries out, goes hard and shrivels up. I am saying all this because I had a family outing and like 5 family members had medium or rare steaks and they were like 'eewwww why do you want it burnt'. There IS a difference so there! XD

kimahri

CF Legend
I annoyed my dad to do steak because of this thread.

I had it well done cause I'm a little bitch and too picky to try it any lther way.

Edit: Typoooo!