What's new

Source for Amusement News?

Snoo

The Legend
So, ladies and gents, with the recent influx of YouTube related 'news' channels, I was curious where most of you get your news in the industry?

I rely mostly on the big source, Screamscape, as they've remained the most consistent source since I joined the community way back when. Also, Lance is an awesome guy in person so I trust more. :D

How about y'all?

Will

Strata Poster
This probably isn't the answer you were after, but I find CF to be an excellent one stop shop. A lot elsewhere on the net is either excessively US based, whilst a lot of UK fan sites tend to report the minutae of Merlin park 'news' to a level that I just don't care about anymore. It's rare I'll use another coaster site besides rcdb or coaster-count.

Occasionally, I'll come across something interesting on Twitter, but it's usually posted on here very quickly afterwards.

Matt N

CF Legend
I mainly use Screamscape and some of the theme park Facebook pages, which cover a variety of different theme parks worldwide. I also use the CF News & Rumour section, too.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
I've noticed that social media has caused some isolated chimneys when it comes to news, rumors, and other information like that. I tend to view the CF forums, Screamscape, and Twitter mostly. @roomraider and VH Coasters is a great news source for the Asia Pacific region - prior to their presence, we heard tidbits of Asian news every once in a blue moon. As @Snoo has stated, Lance and Screamscape have been a staple for the past two decades in the industry and have actually been quite accurate with their rumors for longer than people give them credit for. Finally, I get a bunch of information from friends who either share on their Facebook, send info on Messenger, or share news on Twitter. All these platforms give me quite a comprehensive view into the amusement industry.

ATTACKHAMMER

Strata Poster
I look at Screamsscape sporadically. Mostly I find news out via CF! Sometimes because I'm checking for any news online to post for CF on our SM. I always start by checking the official park channels for constructions updates etc. A lot of the time if there is news, a member posts it on the forum!

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
I used to check RRC and ScreamScape religiously... but then I stopped caring. I'll look at RRC maybe once a week... nothing ever happens there anymore and its an online ghost town at this point. ScreamScape I might look at once or twice a month. At this point in time, if it isn't plastered all over Facebook or Twitter... odds are someone will text me about it. I also have RCDB has my homepage, so whenever I open the internetz, it shows if they've listed a new coaster (past or new). Seems to be good enough.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Either here or on one of the many Discords. Someone tends to post an article about something, and starts a really nice conversation. I like that about these places.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
@Edward M said it better than I ever could.

I'll occasionally look at Screamscape, but I find the site so ugly to use that I don't spend much time there.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Honestly, between a couple of Facebook groups/pages , CF included, everything gets covered.

Otherwise, I like Blooloop for the professionalism of it.

I find that Screamscape is always a bit behind now. I'll still check it occasionally, but there's rarely anything on there that hasn't been picked up elsewhere first. That, plus I'm not interested in someone's opinion when I'm looking for factual information.

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
I find that Screamscape is always a bit behind now. I'll still check it occasionally, but there's rarely anything on there that hasn't been picked up elsewhere first. That, plus I'm not interested in someone's opinion when I'm looking for factual information.

I feel pretty much the same when it comes to Screamscape. I tend to browse it every now and then as it’s quite a good for Disney updates/construction. But for actual news and developments I usuakly already know about what he’s posting days or even weeks before from various other sources.

It does tend to make me cringe when he includes his opinions and I think they should be left for reviews etc on a news site, but it is what it is.

I’ll usually get my news from here tbh, sometimes other social media has it first, but I’ll usually read into more detail here.

peep

CF Legend
All over the place!

I've never liked Lance's website design and a few years ago found myself not looking at it any more. It used to be the best place to get a recap of the latest rumours etc but it just isn't any more.

I use Twitter a lot, although when news breaks it is a bit annoying seeing the same thing posted about 100 times. I follow a mix of Disney goons, Universal goons (Japan and America), French and German forums as well as loads of general American/European bloggers.

VHcoasters a.k.a. @roomraider is fantastic at finding the more obscure Asian news which is very handy.

I go through phases of which forums to lurk to gain the latest info about specific parks I'm interested in. ED92 for DLP, WDWMagic for American Disney parks, InsideUniversal for Orlando and Hollywood, Phantasiafriends.de, AmeWorld for French parks, and parksmania for Italian parks.