What's new

Small News From The Theme Park Industry

Matt N

CF Legend
To be fair, the blame kinda largely sits with the manufacturer, and you can absolutely bet that UOR are counter-claiming against them.
Come to think of it, I do remember hearing that Universal Orlando were attempting to sue ProSlide over various issues with Volcano Bay, as I seem to remember hearing that the drop capsule slides were causing them issues with having to reduce the weight limit as well.

I find these failings interesting, as I thought ProSlide were like the water slide equivalent of B&M...

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
They were at it again on Friday at Kennywood. This time 7 people were arrested and 150 were asked to leave the park after a number of fights broke out both inside and outside the park. West Mifflin police were forced to call in help from 6 surrounding community police departments to help break up and disperse the crowd at 6:30pm, forcing the park to close an hour early due to the ruckus. No injuries requiring hospitalization were reported.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
They were at it again on Friday at Kennywood. This time 7 people were arrested and 150 were asked to leave the park after a number of fights broke out both inside and outside the park. West Mifflin police were forced to call in help from 6 surrounding community police departments to help break up and disperse the crowd at 6:30pm, forcing the park to close an hour early due to the ruckus. No injuries requiring hospitalization were reported.
"They were at it again on Friday at Kennywood" - have I missed something, when were "they" at it before? Who are "they"? :p

Matthew Fair

Mega Poster
Air Ambulance called to Flamingo Land- looks like the incident is at or near Velocity. Doesn't seem to be any other information at this time

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Five days after Tropical Storm Isaias blew through the area, Boulder Dash at Lake Compounce remains closed due to trees lying across the track. Haven't been able to get a comment from the park on how many or how long the coaster will be down. The park was forced to close completely to clean up after Tuesday's storm, but reopened on Friday. Nearby Quassy reopened today, after their own cleanup.

Hutch

Strata Poster
Five days after Tropical Storm Isaias blew through the area, Boulder Dash at Lake Compounce remains closed due to trees lying across the track. Haven't been able to get a comment from the park on how many or how long the coaster will be down. The park was forced to close completely to clean up after Tuesday's storm, but reopened on Friday. Nearby Quassy reopened today, after their own cleanup.
Thanks for the update. I was planning to go within the next day or so, but now I'll hold off for a bit.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Oh wow. Essentially a Spike boomerang? This one promises all the issues of a Spike coaster with even more massive capacity issues (4 riders per cycle!) and a really short ride length (literally just a helix and an airtime hill). At least there will only be two vehicles to maintain. Sign me up.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Oh wow. Essentially a Spike boomerang? This one promises all the issues of a Spike coaster with even more massive capacity issues (4 riders per cycle!) and a really short ride length (literally just a helix and an airtime hill). At least there will only be two vehicles to maintain. Sign me up.

Add a pair of transfer tables to the mix to create a ride that would literally never operate. If this ever gets built and doesn't have major technical issues, I will quit the industry.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Add a pair of transfer tables to the mix to create a ride that would literally never operate. If this ever gets built and doesn't have major technical issues, I will quit the industry.
47vufe.jpg

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Given that the 'end' of the track (where the turntable is) also has numbers 1-4 marked on the ground in the animation, is it possible this is like a two station thing as well? As in you only ride from one side to the other, then get off and exit, and another group rides back to the original side?

I'm probably overthinking that, but seems an odd thing to include in the rendering, and is a stupid enough idea that anyone who buys one of these stupid rides probably would go for it.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
That thought did cross my mind when I first saw the animation. Then again, the thought also crossed my mind that they only bothered creating one 'station' model/texture. :p