What's new

Small News From The Theme Park Industry

TomsTown

Roller Poster
Knotts and Triotech to announce new attraction for the park at IAAPA 2019 (see in twitter but easier just to copy the schedule)

Also yay for gwazi car unveiling. Some other interesting sounding things on there as well. Looks like Luna Park (Coney Island) might be getting a new cred as well as new rides from Zamperla.

I believe the new Zamperla cred has already been shown as a family/kiddie coaster that will interact with a new long flume ride unless im getting confused with something else

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
See, here's the thing about Voyage's retracking...although I'm grateful that the park puts so much effort into improving their rides, and I'm excited to experience this part of the ride in its silky smooth glory...this wasn't a particularly rough stretch of track. Actually, it was one of the smoother portions of the ride, with each valley on the out run getting worse and worse.

Us3rmane

Mega Poster
Preview of the retheming of the old village of Walibi Rhônes-Alpes. This area is the oldest in the park and will be completly modified to remove the wab theming and getting the Festival City treatment. It will have new restaurants and they will move the carousel at another place in that area. It's located between Mystic and the Vaudou area and the entrance with the Star Flyer

http://instagr.am/p/B4nHZJhAHSc/

UKCoasterFan

Mega Poster

Geeky Pastimes

Mega Poster
And that with a new Star Wars movie coming out. Star Wars merch must really be in the toilet now. Very sad but realistically it is from a bygone era most youngsters don't seem to take to anymore.
Or it could be because it's all based on the prequel films that are decades old and none of it is minifig scale so doesn't even lineup with the huge Lego star wars ranges that are coming out every year and are wildly successful.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

UKCoasterFan

Mega Poster
Or it could be because it's all based on the prequel films that are decades old and none of it is minifig scale so doesn't even lineup with the huge Lego star wars ranges that are coming out every year and are wildly successful.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
This article states it is clearly leaving other Legoland parks and the one in California has the locations of the new movies too so I doubt it is only due to the prequel stuff becoming old hat. I reckon all of Star Wars is becoming somewhat old hat due to the lack of new ideas.

Dar

Hyper Poster
Or it could be because Disney want all the sweet Star Wars money for themselves and have been making it more and more cumbersome to renew licenses until people stopped bothering.

Old hat, the last main films made billions, and the franchise is still hugely lucrative e.g the U.C.S Falcon that sold out

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
The old Huss Condor has gone from Ocean Park. It's been replaced with a Top Scan which looks close to opening.

The water park continues to be built at a glacial pace.
cf6352aca3b833e4a97a61b476ba64f5.jpg
d0e47c31929b6188ea5003c8d0c82b42.jpg
e9cbde382f59867e833b8858eaffeab9.jpg
c205967fc53ff476923d03ef9533f9b1.jpg
fbfb82d3d6ec3c48595dc28fa1fc8675.jpg

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Pretty bad accident in Thailand on a fair ground flat ride. (Article is in Russian)

Looks like a restraints failure on part of the ride as the metal bar releases.
Not posting the video directly as it shows the accident and some may not want to see that.
No one died although people are thrown around and off the ride pretty badly.