What's new

Hangzhou Bay Sunac Tourism City | Haiyan | Theme Park (Formerly Six Flags Zhejiang)

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Now the first of the Chinese Six Flags park is properly under construction it seems about time we have a topic to follow along :)

Info
First up this is a Six Flags Park that is mainly owned by someone called the Riverside Group. They are licensing the Six Flags name for use rather than Six Flags owning the park itself. The location is near the north end of the Hangzhou Bay Bridge and should be easily doable from Shanghai.

Exact Location - https://www.google.no/maps/@30.5485869,120.9838804,1103m/data=!3m1!1e3
Official Site - https://content.sixflags.com/haiyan/

SF have a LOT of parks coming to China under this system and there will be three parks at this location
The most interesting one and the one currently most obviously under Construction is the main Six Flags park, however there will also be a Six Flags Kids World park aimed at Children (Obviously) and a Hurricane Harbour Water Park

Six Flags Kids World will feature junior-sized versions of the company’s world famous, recording-breaking roller coasters, rides and attractions. Families with young children will enjoy meeting and interacting with some of their favorite characters. Brightly-themed restaurants will offer kid-friendly menu options and retail shops will feature a wide selection of apparel, toys and souvenirs. Six Flags Kids World will be the perfect complement to the Six Flags theme park and Hurricane Harbor water park in Zhejiang,
Source

Plan
So for the main park there is a fairly detailed Park Plan already available but as with all park plans from China I am always a little sceptical of its accuracy.
SFPLAN.jpg
Larger version here thanks to Michael at Themeparx

Here is also a much older plan just for completeness sake. Very similar but lots less detail on and a lots of small changes on the newer one above.
SFOLD.jpg

There is obviously a ton to digest here if its accurate. Mainly if we take it at face value coaster wise we have at least
RMC Wooden Coaster
Mack Pulsar
Mack Water Coaster
Vekoma Suspended Family Coaster
Unknown (Premier rumoured) launched coaster around the front gate

Theres a few other possible coasters in there too at the bottom left and to the left of the RMC specifically. The park is also rumoured to get an S&S Free Spin as well which i guess could be at the top there.

Confirmed Stuff
Recently 4 coasters were confirmed by Chinese construction firm Shenzhen Renyi. These are
VR Coaster - Too Vague (Guess - Vekoma SFC)
Immitation Wood Coaster - RMC
Power Splash - Mack Power Splash
Giant Coaster - Too Vague (Guess - Premier Launched Ride)

Shenzhen Renyi may be a new name to many but they are a huge firm in China and are responsible for a lot of coaster construction out there. Steel Dolphin in Shanghai, The Vekoma Firestorm in Hainan and the B&M Wing Coaster at Wanda Wuxi are just some of their ongoing work. And they have always been a reliable source of info over the last few years so I'm as confident as I can be with Chinese stuff about these.

They go into a bit more detail on RMC in particular saying -
The wooden roller coaster is characterized by high, large and steep. After the roller coaster first completes 36.9 meters, that is, a 12 -story climb, the roller coaster will descend at a high vertical angle with a speed of up to 88 kilometers per hour, then pass through a vertical ring of about 34 meters. After the track, complete a butterfly flip and then rush to another tower.
I'd take the stats as always with pinch of salt. As much as i trust the firm as with all Chinese things they seem to rarely be spot on with stats for some reason.

Confirmed elsewhere there is also a dark ride themed to the weird Tuzki Rabbit coming as well. Make of that what you will.
Tuzki.png
(The source link i saved for this a while back is no longer working so will try and find another one)

Construction
Current Construction pics from October 2018 shows the central oval and the main entrance building well into construction
SFCON.jpg
SFCON2.jpg
Picture Source

Notes
There are 4 confirmed locations for Six Flags parks in China. Along with this park Chongqing, Nanjing and Fuzhou all now have parks on the way. Each site has multiple parks with Chongqing confirmed to get the same three parks as here as well as a "Six Flags Adventure Park" which doesnt sound like a rides park but more an extreme experience park
will be the ultimate in high adrenaline, action-packed thrills. From motocross bicycle races along rugged terrain, to whitewater rafting to zip lining or rock climbing hundreds of feet above the ground, guests will have the opportunity to reach beyond their comfort zone and safely push the boundaries of self-discovery in a beautiful, natural environment.
Source

There is a previous topic on Chinese Six Flags Parks here but as thats in News its probably best suited to overall announcements on the ALL up coming parks rather than construction. I get the feeling we will be seeing a lot of news coming out of Casa Del Flags in the coming months.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
We'll see how closely they stick to those plans but that RMC looks to be a Goliath clone based on the footprint.

I did not realize Six Flags was planning on making such a splash in China! It'll be interesting to watch this park go up along with the others.

Grobble

Roller Poster
We'll see how closely they stick to those plans but that RMC looks to be a Goliath clone based on the footprint.

I did not realize Six Flags was planning on making such a splash in China! It'll be interesting to watch this park go up along with the others.
Six Flags is not "making a splash", they don't own any of these foreign parks or make any Capex. Riverside Group is "making a splash", if yo want to call it that.

Ethan

Strata Poster
Six Flags is not "making a splash", they don't own any of these foreign parks or make any Capex. Riverside Group is "making a splash", if yo want to call it that.
It's a Six Flags branded park, along with all the others. I'd say they're "making a splash" for sure. I think you've misunderstood the phrase.

Grobble

Roller Poster
It's a Six Flags branded park, along with all the others. I'd say they're "making a splash" for sure. I think you've misunderstood the phrase.
No didn't misunderstand anything. I perfectly understand the deals. It's a licensing deal. SF is not making a splash!

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
No didn't misunderstand anything. I perfectly understand the deals. It's a licensing deal. SF is not making a splash!
They are still expanding their brand to a new market. Regardless of how much they 'own' the park, or how far they're able to manage it, or how involved the Riverside Group is, they are still helping open a new park with the Six Flags brand to a part of the world they have not touched before. It's not the biggest splash, but they are definitely playing in new waters.

By the way, welcome to CoasterForce!

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster
Great news this is finally set in motion! As with all things Chinese parks it's always better to stay cautious since many things do (literaly) not go according to plan, but I'm glad the country would get its first taste of RMC goodness :) Also with the other parks planned, I'm curious to see if increased competition between parks in the same city will change the usual development pattern of "build 2/3 big rides in one place, and then move on to another new park while the first park stagnates" that we've seen with many park chains in China.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Technically, Six Flags doesn't own any of their parks anymore. In late stage capitalism, branding is king - customers are going to know the parks by their branding, not by their ownership.

Grobble

Roller Poster
Technically, Six Flags doesn't own any of their parks anymore. In late stage capitalism, branding is king - customers are going to know the parks by their branding, not by their ownership.
You haven't a clue what you're talking about saying SF doesn't own any of their parks anymore. You think your technically BS is sounding smart while just showing complete ignorance. Its absolute BS. Of the 13 dry parks SF had to start 2018 they owned 11. SFOT and SFOG are partnerships where corporate has accumulate units, they have majority units in one of those parks and are accumulating units in both over time. The 2 dry parks and 3 water parks that people keep saying they bought are actually operating lease deals. SF doesn't own anything, they are owned by EPR still.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Six Flags doesn't own any of their parks
SF doesn't own anything

tenor.gif

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Sigh can we just say the Six Flags brand is making a splash in China. This argument is pointless.
Disney dont own Tokyo Disneyland but everyone still calls it a Disney park.

Anyway heres some other tidbits from concept art
Although the coasters are mostly inaccurate this image quite nicely shows how one of the main coasters will wrap around the parks entrance area. Something that should look rather good.
ABUIABACGAAgk7OU2wUowMT3zgIwmA44pAU.jpg

The park of course will have an on site hotel just out front.
2018052948906389.jpg
201416sw0dhhpk7jcymzk7.jpg.thumb.jpg

And heres a nice shot of the already complete visitors center which as usual in China has a model of the development within.
ade5d485-1a9d-4ed3-b08f-937c5e889f82.jpg

And a link to what appears to be a 2nd official site. Although this time in Chinese
http://www.riverside-sixflags.com/

Last edited:

HeartlineCoaster

Theme Park Superhero
however there will also be a Six Flags Kids World park aimed at Children
Six Flags Kids World will feature junior-sized versions of the company’s world famous, recording-breaking roller coasters
Never mind the children, what about us?

Also love the idea of a Tuzki Rabbit dark ride. Takes me back to my Windows Live Messenger days.
Tuzki-Headbang.gif

I often feel like this in China. Hope it gets a scene.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
So... Shenzhen Renyi Installation Engineering a huge construction company in China who have built many many big rides in China recently (Intamins, Steel Dolphin in Shanghai all of Fantawilds Vekomas, Many of the Happy Valley B&Ms) has posted the ride stats for several rides heading to this Six Flags Park. Which makes some of my guesstimates in the first post very wrong.

First off the easy ones.
Vekoma Orkanen Clone.
Mack Pulsar Clone.

Here it gets good

GCI Wood Like Coaster (read that as you will)
Height 36.9m
Drop 34m
Length 1036m
Speed 88km/h
14 people per train
Max G force 3.6gs

Mack Mega Coaster
Height 57m
Drop 61m
Inversion 2
Speed 32m/s (god knows why its in m/s)
Ride Time 2mins 23 Seconds
Max G force 4.1gs
Capacity 1075pph
24 people per train

Other rides mentioned include a Whitewater rapids ride, Mack Splash Battle, 123m Funtime Starflyer, Vekoma Mad House, Zamperla Magic Bikes and a Zamperla Truck Off Road Adventure car ride.

Source - http://www.szryinc.com/news/76.html

In the first post I went for the following
VR Coaster - Too Vague (Guess - Vekoma SFC)
Immitation Wood Coaster - RMC
Power Splash - Mack Power Splash
Giant Coaster - Too Vague (Guess - Premier Launched Ride)

Well i got 2 out of 4 :p

KommissarLT

Roller Poster
Huh, a Mack Hyper. The stats line up pretty closely to Flash at Lewa Adventure, I wonder if this will lead to more Macks being built over here in the US.

Pear

Strata Poster
It's not a Flash clone. This ride has a shorter height and isn't even a hyper like Flash is.

Lofty

CF Legend
I'd actually say that ATI has it correct tbh and the information has been reversed by accident.

This has a drop of 61m and a height of 57m whereas Flash has a height of 61m and a drop of 47m. It seems like they may have got their info mixed up tbh. The speeds match exact, too.

Pear

Strata Poster
Simple research shows that Flash's height is 61m and it's drop is 58m.

a0f2bbfee58fc3cc85a0a51dc29c81c9.png

Wouldn't be surprised if they got the drop and height stats mixed up on this though and it does end up being a Flash clone. The speed converted to m/s matches up as well.

EDIT: Beaten to it by seconds by @Lofty

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
I wish the States could get a MACK hyper... Dollywood comes to mind. Please, Dollywood, please get a MACK hyper! Imagine how amazing that 1-2 punch would be!