What's new

Six Flags Over Georgia | Twisted Cyclone | RMC I-Box (Georgia Cyclone Conversion)

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Video update is out too:

Still sad about this ride closing. It was good fun and it deserved better than the new layout it was given. Hell it shouldn't have been I-Boxed to begin with. Just goes to show what happens when parks decide to RMC actual good rides.
I'd agree Georgia Cyclone had been one of the most underrated Dinn Corp. coasters, and would even go as far as to say Great American Scream Machine would have been the better candidate for Iron Horse treatment. Still, I do feel this is a good move that will be really well received, despite this being the smallest RMC installation; there really isn't a Dinn Corp. out there that can hold a candle against an RMC.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
Same! Even when discussing a trip down there I forgot this was happening, surprise RMC for anyone heading down there this year :D
Ha, I'd forgotten about this altogether... :p

Yup, clearly the most forgettable RMC yet! And sadly, the most local one to me. Although I have higher hopes for it than I did for say, Twisted Colossus.
I don't plan on rushing up there as soon as it opens but I will be sure to check it out in June on my way to or from my Kings Dominion and Washington DC weekend.

ASteelersMidget

Roller Poster
27337382_10155795393405239_3689228648538473739_n.jpg

(Image from the Parks facebook Page)

I actually really like the look of the blue track on the white supports

J Rod

Roller Poster
All the supports are actually going to a light grey, but the two colors will still look great together.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
I really hope they leave the white despite J Rod's report. The blue looks excellent with it.

I certainly hope the project's schedule frontloaded all of the electrical and wiring. I know that the southern Six Flags parks have moronic operation schedules (weekday operations only in June and July?!) but it still seems like this ride drew the short straw with Steel Vengeance and Twisted Timbers. I guess it doesn't matter though - Six Flags gives so few ****s that the ride will probably open in late June anyway.

Lofty

CF Legend
Kind of resembles as in it's the same colour scheme?! ;)

It's so weird how there's just a casual RMC being built and nobody gives a flying **** about it. Sure, it's not the best layout they've ever produced, but it'll still be better than most coasters out there.

Matt N

CF Legend
It's so weird how there's just a casual RMC being built and nobody gives a flying :emoji_zipper_mouth: about it. Sure, it's not the best layout they've ever produced, but it'll still be better than most coasters out there.
I was thinking that too @Lofty. I reckon the reason might be because Steel Vengeance and Twisted Timbers are also being built, which look more exciting than this does. Also, Six Flags has been RMCing rides for ages now, whereas this is Cedar Fair's first year of RMCing stuff. I reckon that if this was the only RMC being built in 2018, people would be a lot more excited for it.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
We also have a great rendering of the trains out, which @ECG caught during the IAAPA show this year. RMC's train design has been hitting it out of the park this year!

Zek_Teh_Kek

Hyper Poster
^Yes, RMC is rocking these train designs this year! However, Twisted Timbers' trains take the cake for not only the best looking RMC trains, but I'd even say that they are some of the BEST looking trains I've seen in a while! Ya, LR's are great but TT's have more variety IMO. Twisted Cyclone's train is cool too though.