What's new

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
A quick Google search isn't yielding any results but I could have sworn I saw something recently that stated that Whistlestop Park was getting an overhaul or upgrade of some sort.

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
As everyone will probably say, the park could do with a new cred or substantial ride but electrical work could mean anything really and the plot is pretty weirdly shaped. Something to watch out for I guess. Hope they leave Joker's Jinx alone.

Also, what's the deal with the old log flume shoot thing that is still there? Any reason why they kept that random bit?

A quick Google search isn't yielding any results but I could have sworn I saw something recently that stated that Whistlestop Park was getting an overhaul or upgrade of some sort.
I mean Whistlestop Park is next to the new Harley Quinn Spinsanity so I think it'll be a DC Super Friends maybe which won't be a bad addition

As everyone will probably say, the park could do with a new cred or substantial ride but electrical work could mean anything really and the plot is pretty weirdly shaped. Something to watch out for I guess. Hope they leave Joker's Jinx alone.

Also, what's the deal with the old log flume shoot thing that is still there? Any reason why they kept that random bit?
Not sure about the log flume shoot the chutes ride but it should definitely be an interesting watch

Also, I've been thinking... That land is a weird shape, but it kinda looks like a Maxx Force (Six Flags Great America) type land. So if Whistlestop Park could be renovated, could the rides be relocated/demolished and that area of Whistlestop Park becomes the station?

Just a theory to throw up there, because a Maxx Force wouldn't be a bad addition and also, their 2021 plans could have already been in the works for big projects before Covid-19 struck. Plus, USA parks are starting to open up soon, so it could make sense

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Just like COVID-19, the best recommendation is to limit exposure to SFA.

My only visit to the park was a few years ago, where we purposely built our cred run to be as short as possible: one hour and 30 minutes. It really is a sad park - desperately needs new attraction and draw, and I desperately do not want to go back.
Yh absolutely agree. Knowing me, I just filmed a video on this lol ? But I did say that my theories are between 2; Whistlestop Park becomes DC Super Friends or Whistlestop Park is removed (leaving Looney Tunes Movie Town the only kids area) for a new coaster, either an RMC Raptor or Maxx Force style Air Launch Coaster. I think either will be the most realistic options because it is either carry on with thrill investments or go for a family investment (since Harley Quinn Spinsanity in 2020 is thrill)

RaccHudson

Roller Poster
I was the one who provided the information. I want to be clear the electrical work itself is not a rumor. We have permits with an actual blueprint, and latest Google Earth images show the work was completed. The rumor part is exactly it is for.

As for a raptor it could fit between WSP and JJ, they wouldn't need to get rid of it.

Last edited:

RaccHudson

Roller Poster

The part that's left is functionally to support Wild One. When they reprofiled Wild One to build the SeaCoaster they built that section to also support Wild One.

RaccHudson

Roller Poster
Let me try to explain a little more in detail what we know.

The permit for digging this power line was filed late this January, well into the work for HQ. The blueprint is dated as having been drafted in late November of last year, after the HQ plans had been submitted to the planning board. I went to the planning department and got the Detailed Site Plan for HQ and there is nothing referencing that parcel of land and shows electric for that ride coming from the area of Blizzard River northwest of it. So although these plans include work to install a transformer to service HQ, it seems likely that the other electrical work is in prep for 2021.

I asked a friend in construction what he could make of the blueprint and he said they were installing a switchgear, which is basically all the infrastructure necessary to supply power to a certain spot. He also said thaty they're running A LOT more power in than out, which he interprets as meaning they expect to draw a lot of power right there. However his specialty is not electric and I've not had anybody look at it who does specialize in that.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20200601-201926_Drive.jpg
    SmartSelect_20200601-201926_Drive.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 57
@RaccHudson Thanks for explaining it all in more detail! I'm very excited as to what this is potentially too and when I said in my video the electrical work is a rumour, it was just because I want it to just be speculation until construction and groundwork physically starts, so I could then say that the electrical work is indeed true

RaccHudson

Roller Poster
fair enough. As for myself I believe they're building a raptor. I was at the first member preview day for Firebird last year. I saw the SFA park president and asked him "when are we getting a raptor?" He laughed and said "when do you want it?" then said that a raptor was definitely on their radar. Ever since I've not quite expected a raptor but it's the most likely single option. I'm just a guy on the internet so basically dippin dots but it happened to me so obviously I put stock in it.

Just like COVID-19, the best recommendation is to limit exposure to SFA.

My only visit to the park was a few years ago, where we purposely built our cred run to be as short as possible: one hour and 30 minutes. It really is a sad park - desperately needs new attraction and draw, and I desperately do not want to go back.

I've been twice! Thankfully the second time it was a half day because only some of our group needed creds. I was hoping to not go back for at least a decade and Im am halfway there!

You can't wear a bandana! It's gang attire!

You can't bring a plastic hair pick into the park! It's a weapon!

No nailclippers or nail files! They're weapons.

What a ****ing dive.