What's new

SFOT, SWSA, SFFT PTR, Part 3. Six Flags Fiesta Texas

Bat Fastard

Hyper Poster
Hi everyone! I just got back from my last trip of the season. I visited Fiesta Texas and Seaworld San Antonio for the first time! We also stopped at Six Flags over Texas for half the day on the way down! Enjoy!

Day 1, Six Flags over Texas (8/2)

We left Wichita around 5 AM. We wanted to get to Six Flags around open, and it is about a 5 and a half hour drive down there. The drive was easy peasy, no traffic or annoying construction to deal with.

gv25mIH.jpg

vcQrkpt.jpg

What better way to start the day off than some RMC bliss?

BjYUVr2.jpg

Rode it nothing but back row, and it was incredible as always! Don’t kill me, but I decided I like it better than Storm Chaser, so that one is my least favorite of the five I have been on now. I prefer the big, steep drops on these coasters.

u3babiR.jpg

Hey there!

CZIi9AX.jpg

Up next was the enjoyable but very mediocre hyper coaster- Titan!

mU0WFXc.jpg

Of the many visits I’ve had at this park, I have literally never had to wait longer than 5 minutes for this ride. It is always a walk on when I come.

NFWQQ1Z.jpg

Got a back row and front row spin on it. The ride is fun, but I’m not a fan of intense positive G’s, which this ride has a lot of, and not much of what I crave on roller coasters, airtime. The drop is quite fun though! Now that I have been on quite a good amount of hypers, this is definitely towards the bottom of the list for me. Hell it’s not even the best hyper coaster in Texas in my opinion (if you consider Steel Eel a “hyper” coaster).

ZW4dDxN.jpg

9EiDm2s.jpg

Headed to Shockwave for our next coaster ride. I tried the VR this time, as my last experience with VR was bad. The headset didn’t even work for me.

E2bL834.jpg

Luckily, this time it did work. It was pretty cool, but in no way worth the hassle and ridiculous queues it piles up. I had a pretty awful experience with Krypton Coaster at Fiesta Texas because of the VR. More on that to come, but ohh man a rant is on the way. Check out the VR yay or nay topic if you want a little sneak peak….

DFBvtBV.jpg

Shockwave is still a good coaster itself without the gimmicky VR.

JBJRbTS.jpg

You probably can’t tell, but that is the station to Mini Mine Train. Which I DID finally get. However, when you cram two 6’1” males that both weigh 170+ pounds in those tiny little cars of the train, it is not comfortable whatsoever. Rather painful actually, but hey, +1!

rKVUls0.jpg

Up next, the always fun Premier launch coaster, Mr. Freeze! Errghh my bad, Mr. Freeze Reverse Blast.

lGjL9Bl.jpg

I love the queues on the Freeze clones. In an A/C building, which is always wonderful. I also love it when Six Flags is running both sides, even with light crowds! Thank you Six Flags for doing that.

kKKB3v1.jpg

One of my favorite launch coasters out there.

pRzMK1O.jpg

This was a screenshot I took from a video, but I got a good video shot of Freeze and Batman lining up!

K18vZMQ.jpg

After Freeze we did Batman. Always fun, but they are my least favorite inverts. Not to mention, this was the first of three BTR clones I would be riding on this trip…. And thank you GP for running through this shot.

VgzB5Yb.jpg

That’s better.. A little I guess. No train running the course.
Ryp2o1m.jpg

Batman stations are always hype.

EKzgqnP.jpg

mwjOu0x.jpg

CgFlBJN.jpg

Next up we did Texas Skyscreamer. Always a fun, relaxing ride (if you get over the height, which is pretty terrifying at first).

tNyL07h.jpg

Up next was Riddler Revenge. Why not name it RIDDLER’S Revenge instead? Sounds better that way.

5VidBkV.jpg

And it was pretty good! Awesome flat ride, definitely like it more than MaXair at Cedar Point.

After that we went over to Runaway Mountain for a quick spin. Short queue, fun ride.

SdDNwCc.jpg

Then I played with the RMC for a bit.

twTWNcj.jpg

The first drops on RMC coasters are absolutely addicting.

hulAwto.jpg

And so is all the ejector airtime!

22DkGCN.jpg

After that we decided to head on out. We were only here for about half the day, but we didn’t need to stay all day as we had been here numerous times before and had all the creds, minus the kiddie cred because of a max height requirement. I parked up close to Titan and went to take a few shots.

IcPnb4T.jpg

BNwNi5Y.jpg

I love America.

After that, we hit the road towards San Antonio. Traffic out of the Dallas area was an absolute bitch though, with construction and rush hour traffic combining to create a nightmare. Also I became extremely drowsy and tired and had to stop for a good half hour (my brother doesn’t know how to nor do I trust him to drive my manual transmission car so I had to drive the whole trip) to reenergize. Nothing some 5 Hour Energy and sugar can’t fix though!

It was a fun day overall. Quite a long and tiring day though.

Up next- Seaworld San Antonio, a huge surprise and an incredible, new RMC to me!

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster
Re: SFOT, SWSA, downtown San Antonio, SFFT PTR (8/2-8/4)

Nice pictures! SFOT looks like a great park filled up with many good to fantastic coasters. NTG is very impressive indeed! The theming seems quite well made at some places too.

Having waited 2h for Superman @ SFNE I know how you feel about VR. Just a waste of time imo...

Hope you'll like Iron Rattler ;)

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster

I suppose the good thing about the NTG is that it's not over and done with in a short amount of time.

Bat Fastard

Hyper Poster

portemine said:
Nice pictures! SFOT looks like a great park filled up with many good to fantastic coasters. NTG is very impressive indeed! The theming seems quite well made at some places too.

Having waited 2h for Superman @ SFNE I know how you feel about VR. Just a waste of time imo...

Hope you'll like Iron Rattler ;)

It is a great park with some good coasters! Texas Giant and Freeze are my favorites, but Titan is fun also! And thank you for the compliment!

And yes, I enjoyed Iron Rattler. Quite a bit to say the least...

Pink Panther said:
I suppose the good thing about the NTG is that it's not over and done with in a short amount of time.

Exactly. I haven't been on TC so this is easily the longest RMC I have been on.

Day 2, Seaworld San Antonio, downtown San Antonio, Six Flags Fiesta Texas preview (8/3)

So the day started off with me waking up to a very loud, non stopping truck horn around 7:00 AM. After about 15 seconds, it stopped. I thought “whatever,” and went back to sleep. Well about 2 minutes later, it goes off again! And again and again! This damn truck horn that was near our hotel went off probably 5-10 times in a 30 minute period! I was not happy at all, as eventually I couldn’t fall back asleep so I lost a few hours of sleep.

Anyways, my brother skipped Seaworld, so I went alone. Being so used to free parking courtesy of my Cedar Fair platinum pass and my Six Flags Gold pass, I was a bit annoyed when I found out I would have to pay $20 for parking. **** ridiculous.

ZhQcd11.jpg

I arrived a little after opening… I was in no rush as it was a weekday and there were only 4 credits to get.

The entrance is quite grand and welcoming.

xnb8Xij.jpg

j7DIOyv.jpg

Up first, I had serious business to take care of….

2GEUxai.jpg

Ahh hells to the yes.

It was pretty worthless, even for a kiddie cred.

0LddKeC.jpg

The parked was quite photogenic especially with the mini lake in the middle of the park.

DCO7Zvz.jpg

Up next I went to do the water coaster, Journey to Atlantis, which I still consider a cred. Nothing special really, the drop was fun but that was about it. Did get me quite soaked though. GP seemed to love it. Walk on, no wait.

Qo5in42.jpg

Something I immediately noticed about this park- the attractions are spread so far out which causes for lots of annoying, tiring walking.

BIwZqSH.jpg

Up next was the second but not last Batman clone of the trip, Great White.

3TCVev7.jpg

The white trains looked awesome and beautiful! Also it was a walk on!

TQwTZY1.jpg

Ok so I got numerous front and back row rides on it, and it does seem to rattle a bit more than the other Batman clones. Also, they were running one train on it.

OtBA2Qi.jpg

I like this picture.

STULFcU.jpg

After a few rides on Great White, I made the trek over to Steel Eel. It seems that this gets mixed reception… Some people really like it, some people hate it. I went onto the ride with no expectations at all really.

4ojpPdF.jpg

bh4sgem.jpg

One train operation strikes again.

KbQMR3i.jpg

And it was actually pretty damn good! I rode it both front and back, and enjoyed both a good amount! This coaster was unique from the other Morgans that I’ve been on because this had more ejector airtime than floater. Back row I was being ejected pretty good, but it was a bit shaky and rough back there. I found front to be the better seat on this. The airtime really yanks you up, but those restraints are annoying and a bit painful. Fun ride, my favorite Morgan “hyper” I’ve been on. Huge surprise.

PTwEE0R.jpg

Up next I went to check out the penguin building…. Pretty great way to chill off in the Texas heat.

bcIzVxJ.jpg

It looked like they were giving some kind of tour in there.

5f3cwxG.jpg

After that I went to Shamu Stadium to watch the Killer Whale show so I could get the full Seaworld experience, ya know?

h6BXZIL.jpg

It was pretty entertaining and fun to watch.

r0CN1QQ.jpg

And then the whales started to absolutely drench people in the first 5-10 rows… Yeah that looks annoying, sucks to be them.

Irph8Pb.jpg

After the show, I went and rode Great White a few more times.

dubtWcz.jpg

And then Steel Eel. Still great.

GztTNxp.jpg

The support structure makes Steel Eel look quite a bit bigger than it really is.

ZcQSVaH.jpg

Don’t let your kids near here… I’m sorry, too soon?

Oi7oQPY.jpg

This looks nice!

mjyBczo.jpg

53x1fWn.jpg

I went to the water sports stadium to watch the show there.

wVgBQs5.jpg

THIS WAS SO COOL!

The show was pretty awesome, very entertaining, definitely more my cup of tea than the animal shows.

f1zYniU.jpg

Talk about grade A theming! (not)

3A6Yn8w.jpg

YAf6scY.jpg

GvMiJk8.jpg

Explorer’s Reef brought to you by Chevrolet!

ABqxIwP.jpg

Dory, is that you?

xA2fR2w.jpg

After I went into their new Discovery Cove area and walked around for a little, I decided to call it quits at Seaworld.

This park was actually pretty enjoyable! I thought it was going to be a complete waste of money, and although it wasn’t entirely worth the full price admission and annoying parking, I enjoyed it a lot and had a fun time. Steel Eel was a huge surprise and my favorite Morgan “hyper.” Probably won’t make it a priority to come back, but it was fun. However, Fiesta Texas is definitely the better park in San Antonio.

0795c7l.jpg

I arrived back at the hotel, and my brother and I left and went to downtown San Antonio.

CFtq9qk.jpg

Being a huge history nerd, it was pretty awesome to see the Alamo for the first time.

For a while, I didn’t realize that you could go inside the Alamo. There isn’t any pictures of the inside because picture taking is prohibited inside, but there are more shops and exhibits that branch off that you can take pictures in.

CBIL656.jpg

Ok this was really cool. It was a model of the battlefield and the Alamo, and they had all those miniature soldiers set up and it looked awesome.

FzMwYTQ.jpg

Nice.

3nA4wTo.jpg

Gave my GP brother a little lesson on why the Six Flags chain is named Six Flags and that Over Texas was the original park in the chain.

ey1sXrc.jpg

TyB10UA.jpg

There was a Wax museum and Ripley’s Believe it or Not museum near the Alamo. Skipped both as they were kind of expensive and we were on a budget.

0aEe76f.jpg

Next we checked out the Riverwalk. Nothing fabulous but it was pretty neat. After that, we went into the Rivercenter Mall, which was fab, easily one of the best malls I have been to.

We called it quits on downtown around 7:30ish. At that point, I realized it was too late for ZDTs as they close at 8, so I skipped Switchback, for now. I will definitely get it the next time I go down there.

mSsbUsv.jpg

Not being able to wait any longer to get on Iron Rattler, we went to Fiesta Texas for the last hour of operation to get a quick preview of the park.

wuuYXEf.jpg

mm28a7I.jpg

Went straight to Iron Rattler. We were only here tonight to ride this beaut. The next day we would get everything else in the park.

a3LL7aJ.jpg

NEW RMC MAGIC HERE WE GO!!!!!

xjGZAx9.jpg

First thing I will say is, judging by the POVs, I always thought that this one looked like one of the weaker rides by RMC. It seemed to go too slow through the layout and not do much.

Boy was I wrong. THIS THING IS ABSOLUTELY BONKERS. The first drop is insane. Sitting back row, it is one of the best first drops I have ever experienced. How it kind of curves off a little bit is great, and you sure feel it. The drop is filled with ejector all the way down and is just mind blowing. The next airtime moment, coming up on the quarry wall is absolutely crazy, insane ejector airtime. It was fabulous and caught me by surprise. The over banks after that are great and feel very fast. The zero g roll on this thing is absolutely fantastic. Easily one of my favorite inversion moments out there, it’s perfection. So much airtime and weightlessness on it. After the inversion, you get another incredible pop of ejector airtime on the next bump. After that comes the only weak part of the ride. The banking before the final two drops. It wasn’t anywhere near as bad as I thought based off the POVs, but the pace slows down just a bit at this part. After that, you get a good (but weakest of the whole ride) pop of ejector before plummeting down the second major, big drop of the ride into the tunnel. And ohh boy this drop is INCREDIBLE. The airtime on that bump is out of this world, and is one of the best moments on any coaster I have ever been on. After that, you go through the tunnel (which had no lights) and then into the brake run. The pop into the break run provides a good pop of air also.

pxTBzyI.jpg

This ride is absolutely incredible. Absolutely. Easily my second favorite RMC. The only reason Outlaw Run tops it for me is because Outlaw Run has absolute balls to the wall pacing the whole ride. The banked section before the drop into the tunnel killed the killer pace for just a few seconds though. Still an absolutely incredible coaster that gets my #2 spot. Don’t judge me until you ride this. We rode it 5 times in the one hour preview time we were there, and it got better with each and every ride. We also rode it front row, which it is pretty damn good there also!

7ZhIT8z.jpg

After riding Iron Rattler until they closed the ride, we went to go watch the firework show, which was pretty cool because it had projections projected onto the quarry wall.

SeZNiAC.jpg

When that was over, we headed out and went to the hotel. It was a fun day.

Up next- another big surprise, me being absolutely gutted, sucker punched and trolled out of front row on Superman multiple times thanks to VR, and more Iron Rattler bliss! Stay tuned!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Re: SFOT, SWSA, SFFT PTR, Part 2. First time on Iron Rattler

Nice report. :)

We had a relatively short day at SFFT when we went a couple of years ago as a big storm rolled in and shut the park down in the middle of the afternoon. Thankfully we had all of the important creds, and only missed out on a few. I remember being impressed by Iron Rattler (especially the first drop and final airtime hill, as you day), but I do agree that the slow section on top of the cliff does slightly stall the pacing. It's hard to rank them really, but I think it's probably around 4th for me (Lightning Rod and Outlaw Run are much better, and Storm Chaser is so fun).

I can't really see myself going back to Texas any time soon, but when I go back I'll probably go via the parks your doing now. NTG and Titan make SFOT worth the trip, I didn't do SWSA and I wouldn't mind getting the rest of the creds (and re-rides on Iron Rattler and Superman) at SFFT.

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster

Great report again :) Really enjoyable to read. Good to hear Steel Eal is surprisingly fun to ride! I'm a big fan of airtime machines so it's always nice to read one hyper delivers a good amount of G-.

I, like you did, likewise think Outlaw Run looks like one of the less impressive RMC therefore I'm really intrigued by your experience! Shows that you can't always trust Youtube videos when it comes to coasters ^^

Bat Fastard

Hyper Poster

Day 3, Six Flags Fiesta Texas.

Hello world. It’s been over two months since I last wrote on this report. Sorry, I’ve been very busy with school and flying recently, plus in my free time I have been occupied with other fun stuff or I’ve just been too tired and lazy to do it. Lets go!

Cu98DBH.jpg

We arrived at the park around 10ish, 30 minutes before opening. The weather was forecasted to be perfect the whole day.

After getting into the park, we were held behind ropes along with GP, which is always fun (not). When they dropped the rope, my brother and I headed straight to the park’s newest coaster, the first S&S Free Spin, Batman the Ride.

9bFtJDI.jpg

It’s a fun coaster to watch run its course.

UIL56zH.jpg

It was a little confusing finding the entrance, as you kind of have to go around a small section of park to get to the actual entrance when you’re coming to the ride from the entrance of the park.

Didn’t get any pictures of it, but the station is so bland, it’s depressing. Also, except for a small section at the very beginning, the entire queue is positioned right in the blistering Texas heat, which would suck on crowded, heated days. My brother and I were on one of the first trains (or cars in this situation?) of the day, and the line didn’t swell up too bad.

7rJhA5M.jpg

And it was actually pretty good! I wasn’t expecting much but it exceeded my expectations and I found it to be a blast. The uncontrollable spinning had me giggling like a school girl. It does feel more like a flat ride than a roller coaster though, and the restraints are annoying a bit. It’s a fun ride, and although they aren’t as unique now that Six Flags is spreading them like the Bubonic Plague, I enjoyed this a lot and it will be a good addition to some of the parks in the chain.

3xhMhRK.jpg

oWMSBL9.jpg

Some of the comments from the GP on this thing were so cringe worthy….

whOYI1W.jpg

Up next was my second most anticipated coaster in the park, which I was both excited and slightly skeptical for. Excited because it is widely regarded as the best floorless coaster and skeptical because it was fed the stupidity that is known as VR.

gez9mcS.jpg

It is a beautiful ride and looks great interacting with the quarry wall.

3y7t6ED.jpg

So they have assigned seating on this now, with the VR maybe playing a role. So I ask for front row, and they tell me to go to the back. First time, whatever, I eventually wanted to get a back row ride in, so I accept it and go back with no problem.

Dispatches take a stupid long time, but eventually we are off.

jUkmZur.jpg

And wow, this thing is incredible! Really forceful, the interactions with the quarry wall were awesome, the inversions were great, forceful and smooth, and overall it was just an incredible ride with no rattle or headbanging.

So after that first ride, we immediately hope back in line to attempt to get a front row. Well again, they tell me to go to the back! I asked nicely if we could wait until we could get a front row spot, nope! The stupid pricks told us we had to ride middle row this time! **** fantabulous! I was pretty pissed and upset to say the least. So after I got off, I was pretty pissed and decided I had had enough with the **** operations and ride ops there, and said I’ll come back late in the afternoon to try and get that front seat ride.

i3xMyud.jpg

Something about the way cobra rolls look make them look so good in my eyes…

lMavnco.jpg

Up next, +1.

RPDLka3.jpg

3vkI4fJ.jpg

Ok, so the theming in this park is really cool. On “Main Street,” near Batman and Superman, the walkways look like roads and they even have functioning street lights like the one pictured above. All the shops and buildings look like old retro buildings which was awesome. The fact that they had “This Magic Moment” by the Drifters on loop also greatly added to the environment.

MpD8kkG.jpg

Up next was the Premier Spaghetti bowl coaster, Poltergeist. I had already been on Flight of Fear at Kings Island, so it wasn’t really anything new to me.

RgMe0cE.jpg

One train operation on this one. The queue was small so no biggie.

cljaWLH.jpg

And it was alright. Nothing great but not terrible. Some of the transitions were pretty snappy and fun. I thought it was more fun than FoF, because FoF had an MCBR and this didn’t.

l5F5gLg.jpg

After that, we went to Pandemonium, the spinning coaster. This was in the Boardwalk section of the park, which was really cool. Neat vibe to this area.

mkAbKcy.jpg

fqBYg46.jpg

I always found these coasters to be enjoyable, and this one is no exception. Fun time and there was no queue.

Adgx961.jpg

Up next was Scooby Doo Ghost Blasters. I absolutely love dark ride shooters, and having the nostalgia of Scooby Doo behind it excited me.

zNc6W0x.jpg

Always nice to wait in an air conditioned indoor queue to escape the brutal heat. The ride was fun, nothing special but it was enjoyable.

0FjL2QK.jpg

Up next was Fiesta Texas’s newest “coaster!” Haha I’m just joking. This was my first Super Loop as I didn’t care to ride the one at St. Louis earlier in the season.

4ORdDYi.jpg

Discount Lightning Rod trains? it was alright. Not as bad as I was expecting but it’s a fun ride. Just please stop calling them coasters. Although maybe Six Flags is done with them now because they are not building any in 2017? Hopefully.

a1ZrnEz.jpg

Oh Six Flags.

MnMoJIb.jpg

Up next was the THIRD BTR clone of the trip, Goliath. Only here for the cred.

Cn6Clat.jpg

Even with one train op, a front row lap was only a 5 minute wait. Not too shabby.

j8cuzWr.jpg

QQmEUVa.jpg

And it was just your normal BTR clone. Fun and enjoyable ride, but nothing to write home about or wait in line for again.

REIsMlw.jpg

Another simple +1.

z0kHLEM.jpg

60kc0g0.jpg

Longest queue of the day so far had been for a Vekoma Boomerang. Oh well.

qHzSoap.jpg

Oh Six Flags pt. 2

Z6EWvK5.jpg

And it’s a Boomerang. Nothing to say.

A9uRiZj.jpg

The final credit I needed was Road Runner Express.

nlfpKrX.jpg

OH HEY THERE PRETTY GIRL!

mMZxV2K.jpg

Longest wait of the day thanks to one train op.

Forgot to take a final, concluding pic of the ride. It wasn’t that great, I thought it was pretty rough and it didn’t really have any redeeming qualities except for a decent little pop of airtime.

LNnvj9H.jpg

Now that we had all the creds and were in no rush, we headed back to the hotel for a little bit to relax and swim in the pool and also get lunch. After about 2 hours of that, we headed back to the park.

AefnwdM.jpg

First thing we did when we came back was go to ride Batman a few times.

bOQktF9.jpg

1fzzt75.jpg

I love the first part of the queue. Looks so **** cool.

My poor brother had an awful time on our third and final lap. I guess his restraints were pushed down too hard in the wrong place…… Lets just say he was screaming in pain the whole time because the restraint and seat decided they wanted to hurt his male parts… Poor kid. I thought he was going to break down crying in pain, he sounded like he was being tortured.

crnJ9Mb.jpg

Did SkyScreamer next. Not the tallest but it is still a fun and relaxing ride.

kwAlgb3.jpg

We then went over and prowled around in the river rapids ride’s queue so I could take some quality iPhone 6 photography of Iron Rattler.

4ZvuWHz.jpg

Dat drop tho….

GUguBuk.jpg

b61tZTt.jpg

Probably the best zero g roll out there….

CEgpJt0.jpg

gJ5wqgp.jpg

ArzkATf.jpg

She’s as good and euphoric as she looks ;) .

PjigZia.jpg

So it was time to head back to Superman to hopefully get a front row spin. We thought maybe the employees wouldn’t be such pricks this time.

AGcc72K.jpg

Ok at this moment I knew this wouldn’t be good. They were sending trains out with empty front rows but all other rows filled with VR. Umm, **** why? I get it how you won’t put VR in the front row, but at least put non VR riders there even thought the train is filled with VR people? Smh my frustration was already starting to boil hot.

8wERM0Q.jpg

Getting close to the station after a 40 minute wait, all I could think about is how pissed I would be if I didn’t get front row.

WARNING- MAJOR RANT INCOMING

And I **** didn’t. **** Six Flags’ operations on this thing. We were literally at the front of the line to get into the empty station when the train came back in. There was nobody else in the row lines. We were the first to be let in, and they told us to go to the **** BACK. I said how we were literally the first to be let into the station for that train, and how all the other rows are empty, and asked why the **** can we not have front row? They said no to it again. Honestly what the ****? **** this stupid ****. It took so much for me not to cuss out the workers, but I simply said “This is absolute **** ****” to the worker, who was being a complete dick to me. Oh, and some GP people way behind us got the front row on that train. Lol **** you Six Flags. Again, the ride is great, but the operations are absolute ****. I am completely sure that the **** **** cancer known as VR is a part of the cause of the way they operate this. VR IS COOL BUT NOT ON **** ROLLER COASTERS. **** YOU SIX FLAGS FOR SPREADING THIS DISEASE. But the stupid GP love this **** so it will sadly stay… Just never put it on an RMC! OH WAIT, THEY DID THAT!!!! Six Flags is a whole lot dumber than I thought. I don’t **** understand why they would put this **** on one of their most popular rides in the park. I was absolutely furious because I was unable to get a front row ride on this beauty. Get this plague under control please.

Excuse all the swearing but I was very upset to say the least.

tUHYmx0.jpg

A screenshot from a video I took. You can see the empty seats in the front row. Da ****!

TkFSeFA.jpg

Ranting done, I really was enjoying this park. Such a nice looking park even considering that it’s Six Flags. Certainly the best looking and charming Six Flags park I’ve been to.

Se9JTjB.jpg

Up next we went and tried one of their other new for 2016 flat rides, the oddly named Hurricane Force 5. It wasn’t too spectacular, the restraints are actually pretty uncomfortable.

Z4lVqbt.jpg

wibcAjJ.jpg

Headed over to play with the RMC until close. And oh boy was that a great decision.

u1nDR39.jpg

Got a night front row also! Spectacular.

0Mb073H.jpg

We waited it out the last 2 minutes the park was open to guarantee a back row LROTNOIR (Last ride of the night on Iron Rattler). Special shoutout to my boy Alec for starting that tradition (he originally started it on Beast- LROTNOB).

yzlBgqP.jpg

What a **** spectacular way to end my 2016 season.

uf2fbfo.jpg

That was a wrap. I really enjoyed this park, and except for my experience with Superman, I had an awesome time. I love this place. Definitely one of my two favorite Six Flags parks I have been to. The better of the two in Texas IMO.

So with the end of our day at Six Flags Fiesta Texas, came the end our 2016 season. 2016 was easily the best season I have ever had, as it was the first season after my 18th birthday so my travel opportunities expanded tremendously. My first visit to the Point, 66 new creds, a whoooooole lot of which are incredible creds, 3 new RMCs, new friends and great memories made for an awesome summer. It will be missed. Can’t wait for 2017! Thank you ladies and gentlemen for reading, I am sorry this is over two months late… I’ll try to be better about that in future reports but I’m a terrible procrastinator.

Peace!

mouse

Giga Poster
Wow, a report, photos, and a sweary rant about Six Flags operations - you're spoiling us! Thanks for posting :)

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Great report! FT looks amazing, and I want to go soo bad!

Sucks that VR ruined your experience on Superman, it looks great!

Glad to hear you liked Batman. I'm looking forward to riding the one SFGAm is getting next year. Also, IR looks fabulous.

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk