What's new

SFMM | West Coast Racers | Premier Quad Launch Möbius Sky Rocket

Pear

Strata Poster
There will be comfort collars. The trains are currently at West Coast Customs getting painted so there's no reason to install them yet.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
So they will have 3 videos during the pit stop. One always and then 2 if the **** ops can't get the ride dispatched.

Odds on takis commercial?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

John Knotts

Mega Poster
Yep. Confirmed to us at both construction tours. Part of me hopes they change course, because that will be the difference between me marathoning on this thing on slow days, and riding once per visit when the park is dead. I hate the way they block your side view.

If this ride ends up with lap bars, Comfort Collars, seat belts and shin restraints, It's a one and done.

As much as I love RMCs, I will never wish another one for Cali, as I am tired of being paralyzed from the waist down.

Supposedly, Full Throttle and Superman at SFDK were grandfathered in. If either were built today, they would have CC per the manufacturer.

Last edited:

John Knotts

Mega Poster
Other fun facts we learned:

-There is 4,000ft of track.

-Most of the delay has been because of underground piping and wiring, all of which is needed for the shops in that area and Jet Stream. Also, the ride was assembled off site to make sure it would fit the area.

-Because of the heavy dueling track, the park had to build footers 40-60ft underground. Wow...

-WCR began development in 2014, and was to be the follow up to Full Throttle, but RMC was too much of a bargain and too much of a hit to pass up.

Last edited:

rideguy70

Mega Poster
If this ride ends up with lap bars, Comfort Collars, seat belts and shin restraints, It's a one and done.

This may be a small consolation, but the one plus about comfort collars is that it should mean seatbelts will not be necessary. As I understand it, it's an either/or, not both. And from a ride op point of view, I'd imagine comfort collars are much quicker to check than seat belts, especially when buried under a lab restraint. So in theory, the ops should go faster.

Also, didn't management say a while ago that they were looking into a new system for guests to put personal items before riding that would increase dispatch times? This was well prior to Yukon Striker and their system, so maybe WCR will be getting something similar?

Intricks

Strata Poster
Other fun facts we learned:

-WCR began development in 2014, and was to be the follow up to Full Throttle, but RMC was too much of a bargain and too much of a hit to pass up.

I dont know how to feel or react to this info other than to just laugh at how the arguments would have been the same, or if TC was announced AFTER this was built and just how much carnage would have happened over mimicking a "current rides" mark.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
giphy.gif

Dar

Hyper Poster
Are they flexible at all? They look uncomfortable either way, who thought cubes were good padding?!

oriolat2

Giga Poster
I still can't understand why they would install these comfort collars. I mean, SFMM already has a ride by Premier next door that does go upside down and does not feature them. Heck, even Revolution, after so many years of fans complaining about the OTSRs, got rid of them to be replaced by simple bars.

This West Coast Racer project is becoming a joke. I can't wait for SFMM to operate the ride and realising they are incapable of keeping up with the dispatch interval so as not to keep the previous train sitting for like 10 minutes on the holding area next to the station waiting for the train to be dispatch and finally race.

They have the same clip BGT SRII has. Gonna make the dispatch times DELIGHTFUL....But at least they won't accidentally come open midride
What happened to Tigris?

Pear

Strata Poster
I still can't understand why they would install these comfort collars. I mean, SFMM already has a ride by Premier next door that does go upside down and does not feature them
Full Throttle has seatbelts though which severely slow down its ops. The park is trying out comfort collars to see if they'll help speed up the ops.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
What happened to Tigris?
Nothing, because it has this style carabiner clip for the collar....Whereas Tempesto has a seat belt buckle and since the restraint doesn't actually lock... if you accidentally poked the buckle release the entire upper harness flies open (mid ride)... and they even have signs in the station and I believe the audio recording telling you not to hold on // touch the shoulder harness (comfort collar) and it was either SeaWorld San Diego or Busch Gardens Williamsburg where they had a unnecessary news story where the harness opened mid-ride and the rider "feared for their life" situation