What's new

SFMM | West Coast Racers | Premier Quad Launch Möbius Sky Rocket

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Wow. A whole, single piece of track. Exiting times.

EDIT:- There is very hard to make out piece of white track behind the yellow track. Still though, two pieces is nothing.

Here is a video by Park's Bros which shows the track from a different angle:-

Last edited:

bernatc22

Mega Poster
It's so frustrating how this project is being such a sluggish, unorganized, behind-schedule mess. It's just a coaster; get it together like everyone else, Six Flags.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Top tip from someone who works in the consulting side of construction: If you're expecting a delay, better to get the PR ahead of it than just ignore it.

I can't believe they've yet to put out any sort of statement on the delay - are they still actively advertising a summer opening?

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Top tip from someone who works in the consulting side of construction: If you're expecting a delay, better to get the PR ahead of it than just ignore it.

I can't believe they've yet to put out any sort of statement on the delay - are they still actively advertising a summer opening?
Who do you think is running the park? Ed Hart? :p

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
Yikes....hopes of an Early Sept opening I am.....not very confident about.
Six Flags really just makes it own jokes.
That said, can't say Im super bummed or anything. Sure it'll be fun and all but it seems like 1: kind of a waste because its FT + TC and 2 a less good version of each. A less good version of two coasters they already have. Again, six flags is its own meme.

Well least it'll be one less ride to worry about when I visit!

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I think this will be better than Full Throttle tbh, but only if it just has lap-bars. Twisted Colossus will always be this ride's god.

Intricks

Strata Poster
I think this will be better than Full Throttle tbh, but only if it just has lap-bars. Twisted Colossus will always be this ride's god.
Ninja is better then Full Throttle...

Hell, Id go so far as to say Revolution (if it was actually open when i was there /spite) is a better ride then Full Throttle.

This new ride will be better than Full Throttle by a long shot.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Hutch

Strata Poster
All they needed to do was just put it in a different park that doesn't have already have a Premier launcher or a big dueling coaster. Honestly I would've been fine if they put it at SFNE, give's me a decent looking new cred not too far away and makes SFNE's lineup a bit more interesting. If I go to SFMM I'm not gonna have any incentive to reride this because I'd just do Twisted Colossus (and dare I say Full Throttle).

Of course there're other little nit picks like the comfort straps and branding, but that's not my main concern here.

Pear

Strata Poster
Unrelated to WCR but Tatsu has lit up wheels now!

image0.jpg

Hutch

Strata Poster
That's pretty cool! Also a bit out of nowhere? Wonder what got them thinking to install those.

Also, Tatsu is so ****ing huge. Those were some great shots right there.

Jcoasters

Mega Poster
Cool, but I wonder if it will impact the sensation of flight from Tatsu in the front row during a night ride. It's kind of like a ride through the woods at night. If Boulder Dash had lights on the front, I feel like it might take out some of the fun. Definitely eye catching from the ground, however.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Ah I love that!

Agree @Hutch, it looks great. I'd love to get some long exposure photos of the wheel lights from some of those angles.

Jamesss

Hyper Poster
I don't think the wheel lights are that new? I definitely saw them when I visited 6 months ago. I have video of it somewhere. Looks cool nonetheless.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
I recall at least seeing news of the light up wheels from a while back, although I only remember them displaying orange. The rainbow colors certainly put it on the next level from a visual standpoint.