What's new

SFMM | West Coast Racers | Premier Quad Launch Möbius Sky Rocket

bernatc22

Mega Poster
Picking up nice speed, but I can't help thinking how many parks would benefit from this coaster instead of SFMM.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
Picking up nice speed, but I can't help thinking how many parks would benefit from this coaster instead of SFMM.

Is it because it seems like a combo of worse versions of 2 coasters they already have? lol

I said this a bit ago and most were against me but it seems in recent comments more are turning against it.
This ride seems like a waste to me. Its a milder version of two coasters they have! This doesnt really add anything to the park, isnt unique, seems fun but not anything great and yes its taking a pretty painful time. Classic six flags.
I mean least Maxxforce for example is different and cool. Steel Curtain has been delayed but besides PA weather again thats a cool unique ride. This wait doesnt seem worth it.

bernatc22

Mega Poster
Is it because it seems like a combo of worse versions of 2 coasters they already have? lol

I said this a bit ago and most were against me but it seems in recent comments more are turning against it.
This ride seems like a waste to me. Its a milder version of two coasters they have! This doesnt really add anything to the park, isnt unique, seems fun but not anything great and yes its taking a pretty painful time. Classic six flags.
I mean least Maxxforce for example is different and cool. Steel Curtain has been delayed but besides PA weather again thats a cool unique ride. This wait doesnt seem worth it.
Totally agree, but I think the most messed up thing about this situation is that other parks are getting cloned, off-the-shelf rides while SFMM, the flagship park, is getting a coaster which no one wants nor needs.
As you said, Classic Six Flags.

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
Totally agree, but I think the most messed up thing about this situation is that other parks are getting cloned, off-the-shelf rides while SFMM, the flagship park, is getting a coaster which no one wants nor needs.
As you said, Classic Six Flags.

Very good point.
Imagine a RMC single rail clone at SFMM!

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
Agreed. At least it doesn't take up too much space, being over the pathway, drainage run, and go karts most of the time.
Six Flags Magic Mountain and Premier Rides certainly worked well together to provide a compact and unique coaster layout in a somewhat awkward location! I wish more parks would use their creative thinking more often like Magic Mountain did for West Coast Racers.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
So far this is looking great. And I’m personally looking forward to it, and looking forward to riding it multiple times now that it probably won’t be opening until AFTER school is in and the busy season is over.

Bad for SFMM, perfect for me!
You have to be someone who works for the park because you are the only one positive about this thing.

This should be at La Ronde, Darien Lake, or another low tier park. It would be their flagship. As I've said 1000 times here, and on the podcast, this park does not need it. It's like KBF with their 7 family coasters or Energylandia with their 317 family coasters.

You have an absolutely awful IP, a built in 2 minute MCBR to help pay for the ride and also because you are notoriously horrible at dispatching at a decent speed.

Also, stop saying this ride is in a unique spot. It's literally on the plot of the old GIB and then where some game stalls were. SuPeR uNiqUe.

The support structure is cool though for that turn. There, something positive about this waste of space.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

John Knotts

Mega Poster
You have to be someone who works for the park because you are the only one positive about this thing.

This should be at La Ronde, Darien Lake, or another low tier park. It would be their flagship. As I've said 1000 times here, and on the podcast, this park does not need it. It's like KBF with their 7 family coasters or Energylandia with their 317 family coasters.

You have an absolutely awful IP, a built in 2 minute MCBR to help pay for the ride and also because you are notoriously horrible at dispatching at a decent speed.

Also, stop saying this ride is in a unique spot. It's literally on the plot of the old GIB and then where some game stalls were. SuPeR uNiqUe.

The support structure is cool though for that turn. There, something positive about this waste of space.

I do like the support structure, and I like that we finally have another ride that crosses over the pathway. Honestly, I love this addition. And I couldn’t care less that I’m in the minority. I never decide what I like based on what everyone else is saying.

Yes we have this ride already...don’t care. No it’s not the best thing they could have added...I’m over that. Now that it’s going up, I’m rather excited to try it.

And I don’t work at the park. As you can’t tell by my name, I’m a Knotts fanboy.

So I like the ride because it looks fun, and I will love taking my younger brother on this. I can’t worry about where the ride should be...it’s at SFMM and that’s kinda it.

I just pray for no Comfort Collars...please!

Last edited:

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster

Agree with mostly everything you've said but WCR's wouldn't be a flagship at Darien Lake. it may not be the best intamin hyper, but they still have one.

Pear

Strata Poster
I just pray for no Comfort Collars...please!
Well keep praying because this thing will definitely have comfort collars. The seatbelts on Full Throttle are apparently horrible for OPs so they're switching those out for the collars.

John Knotts

Mega Poster
Well keep praying because this thing will definitely have comfort collars. The seatbelts on Full Throttle are apparently horrible for OPs so they're switching those out for the collars.

And any collars will actually slow down loading, not speed it up. Electric Eel is painfully slow compared to Superman.

Furiustobaco

Mega Poster
Meh, those comfort collars look like a right co**block for airtime or any feeling of freedom.
If this does have comfort collars then i see this being ranked below Goliath and that is pretty sad to think about..

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Didn't they already release a photo of the trains and confirmed that they don't have comfort collars? I'm mobile at the moment so I can't dig it up.

I share the same sentiment as many - the ride in a vacuum looks fun and would work great at many smaller parks...but it's just not grand enough for Magic Mountain.

However, I do find it funny how everybody likes those supports for that turn: the same style truss supports that are utilized on Steel Curtain. They do look great!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Didn't they already release a photo of the trains and confirmed that they don't have comfort collars? I'm mobile at the moment so I can't dig it up.

I share the same sentiment as many - the ride in a vacuum looks fun and would work great at many smaller parks...but it's just not grand enough for Magic Mountain.

However, I do find it funny how everybody likes those supports for that turn: the same style truss supports that are utilized on Steel Curtain. They do look great!
Just for the avoidance of doubt, I'll amend my previous comment.
Wow, that's quite a set of supports! They look awful!
;)

Jcoasters

Mega Poster
It's literally on the plot of the old GIB and then where some game stalls were.

It's not on the spot of the old GIB

K3tUdm5.png

I know roaring rapids is there, but they could build a coaster over it and use Déjà Vu's old area for a station.\

tomahawk

Strata Poster
It's not on the spot of the old GIB

K3tUdm5.png

I know roaring rapids is there, but they could build a coaster over it and use Déjà Vu's old area for a station.\
Ok. Makes my statement even more relevant of not being a unique location.

rideguy70

Mega Poster
Wasn't there once talk/rumor of a coaster going over or using the Roaring Rapids space? I have a feeling they're saving that old Deja Vu space + maybe more for a future expansion. Who's to say there won't be more in that area down the road?

Oh, and GIB? What's that acronym for? I thought I knew them all. ?