What's new

SFMM | West Coast Racers | Premier Quad Launch Möbius Sky Rocket

rideguy70

Mega Poster
In fairness, I've found that more often than not Screamscape will outright say, "this is rumored" on many of their updates, but I then think most people promptly ignore that part and just go right to "Screamscape said..."

I've actually submitted info to Screamscape, and there's no screening process other than trust. That means that if other people submit info, it's entirely possible their info is wrong, misinformed, or it may have possibly changed--not unlike the proposed hotel at Disneyland, where they suddenly changed their mind about it's location, and it's now stuck in a limbo with the city of Anaheim. I don't claim any insider information, I only submit updates I've seen at parks with my own eyes, so I know my info is accurate (at least at the time I've seen it).

So yes, take his info with a grain of salt, and read carefully if it says rumor or not. With that in mind, I do personally find him more correct that incorrect... at least with the parks that I follow.

All that said... the speculation about the upcoming SFMM ride/roller coaster/area is probably the most convoluted I have seen in recent memory. I don't know if SFMM is deliberately confusing people or not, but whatever it is they're doing, it's working. No mean feat in this day and age. Gotta give them some credit for keeping everyone guessing.

Last edited:

John Knotts

Mega Poster
In fairness, I've found that more often than not Screamscape will outright say, "this is rumored" on many of their updates, but I then think most people promptly ignore that part and just go right to "Screamscape said..."

I've actually submitted info to Screamscape, and there's no screening process other than trust. That means that if other people submit info, it's entirely possible their info is wrong, misinformed, or it may have possibly changed--not unlike the proposed hotel at Disneyland, where they suddenly changed their mind about it's location, and it's now stuck in a limbo with the city of Anaheim. I don't claim any insider information, I only submit updates I've seen at parks with my own eyes, so I know my info is accurate (at least at the time I've seen it).

So yes, take his info with a grain of salt, and read carefully if it says rumor or not. With that in mind, I do personally find him more correct that incorrect... at least with the parks that I follow.

All that said... the speculation about the upcoming SFMM ride/roller coaster/area is probably the most convoluted I have seen in recent memory. I don't know if SFMM is deliberately confusing people or not, but whatever it is they're doing, it's working. No mean feat in this day and age. Gotta give them some credit for keeping everyone guessing.

Six Flags finally caught up to 2018 and starting using Russian bots to spread misinformation.

Matt N

CF Legend
By the looks of things, the announcement will be on 29th August, 1 day before the rest of the Six Flags chain. SFMM have also posted a teaser according to this ParksBros video:
Only 8 days until we find out what exactly this is...

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Trex related to track size. It can still technically be a raptor with narrow rail.

If it is a dueling RMC single rail...get the buckets and just call me Randy.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Pear

Strata Poster
Yeah just ignore the fact that RMC has said that Trex track won't be ready for another few years SFMM is totally getting not one, but two for next year!

tomahawk

Strata Poster
I'm gonna say this for probably the hundredth time. Just because it would seat 2 in a row does not make it a T-Rex. The model is track size. This, although unlikely, would probably be a Raptor with 2 across seating rather than a T-Rex.

But hey, we have less than a week until extreme disappointment of a family cred that will be even more gimmicky than Full Throttle and its theme.

Matt N

CF Legend
But hey, we have less than a week until extreme disappointment of a family cred that will be even more gimmicky than Full Throttle and its theme.

Do you know this, or is it just an educated guess, out of interest? Screamscape reckons it'll be an S&S launch coaster, so I'm excited!

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Do you know this, or is it just an educated guess, out of interest? Screamscape reckons it'll be an S&S launch coaster, so I'm excited!
Up until the day before announcement for Full Throttle, or week before, it was WIDELY expected to be a multi launcher from Intamin that went from it's current location, back to where this construction was. On the scale or Maverick good was what everyone was led to believe. Then the gimmicky little bitch that is Full Throttle got leaked.

Just because it's an S&S launch, doesn't mean it will be good. Very well could be a family cred, which isnt the worst thing in the world, but expectations for this park are always expected to be massive.

Matt N

CF Legend
Up until the day before announcement for Full Throttle, or week before, it was WIDELY expected to be a multi launcher from Intamin that went from it's current location, back to where this construction was. On the scale or Maverick good was what everyone was led to believe. Then the gimmicky little bitch that is Full Throttle got leaked.

Just because it's an S&S launch, doesn't mean it will be good. Very well could be a family cred, which isnt the worst thing in the world, but expectations for this park are always expected to be massive.

Some people are saying it'll be an S&S Steeplechase, but I reckon it might be a compressed air coaster, personally.

John Knotts

Mega Poster
At this point everyone is just guessing in the dark, including Screamscape. We've gone from Mack to S&S to RMC in less than a month. The truth is, it's likely to be the cheapest option.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Very well could be a family cred, which isnt the worst thing in the world, but expectations for this park are always expected to be massive.

At this point, I'm almost wondering why. If I've understood things correctly, the last coaster they built that got rave reviews was Tatsu, back in 2006. Since then, they've built "A so-so CGI" (2009), "A small family coaster" (2011), "An Intamin gimmick on a tiny footprint" (also 2011), "An S&S one-trick pony that ends just the second it starts to be good" (2013), "An even smaller family coaster" (2014), and "An overdue RMC conversion which is good enough, but suffers severe pacing issues" (2015), and "Finally a flat ride, I guess" (2018). Why are people still expecting greatness? Including myself? Must be because the park was so awesome in RCT2.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
At this point, I'm almost wondering why. If I've understood things correctly, the last coaster they built that got rave reviews was Tatsu, back in 2006. Since then, they've built "A so-so CGI" (2009), "A small family coaster" (2011), "An Intamin gimmick on a tiny footprint" (also 2011), "An S&S one-trick pony that ends just the second it starts to be good" (2013), "An even smaller family coaster" (2014), and "An overdue RMC conversion which is good enough, but suffers severe pacing issues" (2015), and "Finally a flat ride, I guess" (2018). Why are people still expecting greatness? Including myself? Must be because the park was so awesome in RCT2.
I ask myself that every day. Granted, this was my home park my entire life growing up and was there 2-3 times per month as a teenager [few hour drive] so it is sentimental to me as well. Obviously the days of old SFMM are gone, but I think it's just hope that keeps pushing us along. I mean, Tatsu was really the last massive addition at a SF park. Ever since they adopted the Oprah method of adding to parks, they don't have those large investments. Hell, if they did an every other year method for parks it would be so much better.

Matt N

CF Legend
I'm personally really excited for the announcement in 6 days; I reckon SFMM will do something special for their 20th coaster, something unique!

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Obviously the days of old SFMM are gone, but I think it's just hope that keeps pushing us along. I mean, Tatsu was really the last massive addition at a SF park. Ever since they adopted the Oprah method of adding to parks, they don't have those large investments. Hell, if they did an every other year method for parks it would be so much better.
If I were to hazard a guess, I'd say it has something to do with the less-than-ideal financial situation of Six Flags. Maybe the creditors oblige them to manage the parks with the goal of turning a profit in every park, instead of over-funding some parks and under-funding others (while making up the difference between expenses and savings through loans). And so, they have to adopt the Oprah method, with each park getting a cheap addition instead of some parks getting huge ones and others squat all.

Then again, they seem to have succeeded in turning a profit for some time now, and SFMM is the chain's flagship and crown jewel, so you know, keeping up hope isn't too far-fetched either...

John Knotts

Mega Poster

People expect greatness for the same reason people continue to support their losing sports fanchise. Because eventually they're going to get one right. I thinkthey've gotten closer with TC and Crazanity...so perhaps #20 is it.

If not, why are we even here? Because deep down, we're excited to see what will happen, whether people want to admit it or not.