What's new

SFFT | Wonder Woman Golden Lasso | RMC Raptor

Matt N

CF Legend
I'm staggered that this only reaches 52mph. It looks incredibly fast from testing footage. The pacing also looks incredible! Out of interest, how does ejector airtime feel in comparison to some coasters I might have ridden with major airtime moments? For reference, the only coasters I've ridden that I would say had at least one major airtime moment during the attraction are Mako, Megafobia, Wicker Man and Thirteen on the back row.

Matt N

CF Legend
Megafobia and Thirteen absolutely don't have ejector, and I highly doubt Wicker Man has, if that counts?
So Megafobia and Thirteen's drop in the back are more floater airtime, then? So I'd say I've ridden mostly floater-based coasters if that's true, then. To be honest, I think I'm almost dreading riding a proper ejector-based coaster, if the reports about Storm Chaser's airtime hurting are anything to go by. I'm sure it's probably a good kind of hurt, though.

Jared

Hyper Poster
Megafobia and Thirteen absolutely don't have ejector

Sorry, but Megafobia does have ejector airtime and I’ve got an on-ride photo of my arse out of the seat to prove it. Back row on Megafobia on the second drop is pure ejector.

Lofty

CF Legend
Literally never got ejector from Megafobia. At all. Ever. Even in the rain and a full heavy train. Had strong floater but no ejector.

Snoo

The Legend
Be sure you clarify the difference between ejector and floater as well. Strong floater can feel like ejector, Boulder Dash comes to mind which has a plethora of strong floater, but ejector literally says "**** your legs, ENJOY AIRTIME BITCH!" which is what makes it so good.

I will note that it does depend on the restraint as pinning your hips like most coasters make ejector not "painful" in the conventional sense. However, Skyrush (I know, I'm in the minority), pinned me mid thigh with its old restraints (I have yet to ride the new ones), and I actually had a deep muscle bruise from its famed -2g ejector. That, my friends, does not feel good.

Edward M

Strata Poster
The best airtime is when it hits and you just immediately think "OH F**K." The best thing about Lightning Rod is that you can't fully think about an insane airtime moment before the next insane airtime moment hits. #quadsquad *deletes account*

As for testing footage, it seems reminiscent of Storm Chaser's "is this actually trying to disconnect my head from my body" airtime. I think that's the only airtime on a coaster that I've felt was just too much in too short an amount of time.

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
Be sure you clarify the difference between ejector and floater as well. Strong floater can feel like ejector, Boulder Dash comes to mind which has a plethora of strong floater, but ejector literally says ":emoji_zipper_mouth: your legs, ENJOY AIRTIME BITCH!" which is what makes it so good.

I will note that it does depend on the restraint as pinning your hips like most coasters make ejector not "painful" in the conventional sense. However, Skyrush (I know, I'm in the minority), pinned me mid thigh with its old restraints (I have yet to ride the new ones), and I actually had a deep muscle bruise from its famed -2g ejector. That, my friends, does not feel good.
The new restraints weren't much better. Storm Chaser is strong but the only time i feel like it verges on too strong are the off axis double up. Those are a little uncomfortable.

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
Figured maybe I had a one-to-five percent chance of being at the park during a soft opening today, but I was there yesterday evening and never saw it even testing. Looks like it’s still a ways off.

EDIT: And still not even testing the next day.

By the way, the uploaded videos of it make it look larger than it is, IMO; it a very small, compact coaster.

Last edited:

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Honestly, I'll be impressed if they let this thing run like this after some weeks of operations, that if they don't tone it down before opening.

It looks truly insane. That S-shaped hill <3

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
While still fast, it looks more reasonable from this perspective. Still plenty of g-force, but it wouldn't seem to be too uncomfortable.