What's new

Seen But Never Been??

IntaminToWin

Mega Poster
Kings Island and Carowinds are the only two I can think of.
KI was on the way to Dollywood (and a wedding or whatever) and Carowinds was during a long trip that eventually lead to Kings Dominion, interestingly.

Mike

Giga Poster
On a school trip to Disneyland Paris, I remember going down the motorway and seeing a wooden coaster through the trees... After not knowing what it was until I got home a researched it, I found I had missed Parc Asterix. :(

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Castles n Coasters in Phoenix, AZ. Didn't care to get the creds. Now I have walked by, been by, creds and skipped them, including the one down in San Diego that is randomly there, as well as the Santa Monica pier cred. Also Scandia in Ontario, CA. Don't really care to get those random ones.

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
Now that I've been to Lightwater Valley, the only thing that'd count towards this is when I was in Frankfurt on top of the Maine Tower, I saw a big ferris wheel and a coaster in the distance. I researched it when I got home but RCDB had nothing about it.

Thinking back, it might have just been a travelling fair of some sort.

lazor22

Roller Poster
I saw dorney park but didn't go till the next year (missed getting to ride laser by not going then). Umm, I saw a wild mouse at some roadside attraction thing and didn't go, does that count lol?

10WaTT

Hyper Poster
The ones I have driven past, seen the sign and not visited are:
West midlands safari park, twinlakes, gullivers and metroland. Probably a few more but I cant think of them right now.

Mark

Strata Poster
Enigma Shadow said:
Driving past Old Macdonald's Farm on the M25 breaks my heart every time.

LOL jk it's only got a Big Apple.

I think that is the only one for me too. Am I bothered? Not in the slightest!

I've seen brown signs for parks and not gone. Does that count? :p

Nic

Strata Poster
Billing Aquadrome
Gullivers Milton Keynes
Legoland California
Fort Fun Eastbourne
The place in Hastings with the Top Scan of ridiculousness that did have a cred (but might not have one anymore?)

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
I actually went up to the entrance to Blackgang Chine last year, but I was with my parents and couldn't hack the shame of taking them into such a kiddie park just so I could get creds!

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
Martin's Fantasy Island for me. I've driven by it aat least 20 times probably way more. That will be remedied in 2013 though.

bmac

Giga Poster
Six Flags America, next year...

Keansburg, next year...

Kennywood, next year...

Fun Spot Orlando, maybe next year.

madhjsp

Giga Poster
I've been to one waterpark: the indoor waterpark at Massanutten ski resort in Virginia. Other than that, ever other waterpark I've seen qualifies for this topic. So that'd be the ones at Kings Dominion, Cedar Point, SFGAdv, Dorney, Carowinds, and Wet N' Wild Orlando.

Luxornv

Mega Poster
metalhead7 said:
This might just happen to me alot because my family takes alot of road trips but I was wondering if there were others who have seen alot of amusement parks but never been to them?

I'll start with the list of parks I have seen out the window of my car and never been to.

Cedar Point
Six Flags St. Louis
Castles/Coasters (Wisconsin Dells)
Six Flags Marine World
The Pavilion in Myrtle Beach SC

this is just the first few off the top of my head, I'm sure I'll think of more!!! So does anyone else have the same woes as me???

How have you been close enough to Cedar Point to see it, but never stopped? It's not all that close to the Ohio Turnpike that you can really see it as you're driving through. There's really no other reason to be in or near Sandusky unless you're going to Cedar Point.

I can also say that I've been to WI Dells, but haven't ridden most of the coasters there. I was on a road trip with other people, and they didn't want to take the time to stop. Since I was not driving, I had no choice. We did stop at Timber Falls, so I did get to ride Avalanche (now HellCat).

Magic Springs is another. I was with my parents on vacation years ago; I was around 14 at the time. I wanted to stop, but they didn't want to take the time or spend the money to stop.

Six Flags St. Louis is another one, but I did get to visit there years later.

I went to school in Milwaukee, but lived in the Chicago suburbs. When I home for breaks, I would always be driving by SFGAm. It was never a big deal that we didn't stop since I would usually go there other times anyway. Not like I was really missing out on anything.

Now I have my own car and plan my own road trips. If there's something I want to do, then that's too bad for everyone else in the car because I'm stopping.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Nic said:
Billing Aquadrome
Gullivers Milton Keynes
Legoland California
Fort Fun Eastbourne
The place in Hastings with the Top Scan of ridiculousness that did have a cred (but might not have one anymore?)

Flamingo Park! Like Flamingoland only with better operations? :p They kicked me and Martyn off the site for taking photos - that's why the park guide has the Big Apple photos taken with a phone camera at 6:00 a.m. from outside the chain link fence :lol:

Fort Fun was also closed when we went (same time, but we did get on everything at Brighton )

Colossus said:
Camelot on numerous trips to and from Blackpoole

It's okay, there's always next ye... Oh, no, wait... :p

Keep on going past the two other Gullivers (Derby and MK) and have never been to them. I think I'll wait and wait and wait until they're nearly closed, and then, put it off just one more year to make sure they're shut ;) :p

TilenB

Strata Poster
TilySlo said:
Universal resort Florida and Disney World. Duhh, these park are way too expensive...

EDIT: Also Fiabilandia, I think...

Bump!
We drove by Tivoli Gardens during our school trip to Denmark last month. And thinking back, I've also seen New Jesolandia, Strabilia Luna Park and Family Park in Croatia

Nick P

Mega Poster
The main one that comes to mind is Busch Gardens Tampa on my way to Universal. I've also passed Lagoon on my way to Yellowstone. Thats about it though.