What's new

SeaWorld Orlando | Infinity Falls | River Rapids

Dar

Hyper Poster
It's like they saw River Quest and said "No bother, we can make that worse, leave it to us"

That's not to say I'm not a massive water/water ride geek that will lap this up regardless though

vaugc002

Mega Poster
Yeah it's funny how river Quest did this in 2002 and here come SeaWorld trying to make it seem new and exciting.
It's a big drop for a rapids but it's hardly the WOW attraction they're marketing.

Kozmo

Roller Poster
Eh who cares..... It's Florida it's hot and I can bet you this ride will be busy busy busy busy by the time it opens and will stay busy till it gets cold. Who cares if they are over marketing it.... I know I don't I'm just looking forward to enjoying this ride on a hot day with my family :emoji_shrug:

vaugc002

Mega Poster
Eh who cares..... It's Florida it's hot and I can bet you this ride will be busy busy busy busy by the time it opens and will stay busy till it gets cold. Who cares if they are over marketing it.... I know I don't I'm just looking forward to enjoying this ride on a hot day with my family :emoji_shrug:
Don't get me wrong, I'm sure you will have fun. I'm just looking at the bigger picture and how they're hyping something we've basically seen for a decade and a half in other parks :emoji_wink:.

Kozmo

Roller Poster
Don't get me wrong, I'm sure you will have fun. I'm just looking at the bigger picture and how they're hyping something we've basically seen for a decade and a half in other parks :emoji_wink:.

I think they need to hype it up...... They really need more visitors. They need to recover from all the crap

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
The fact that they’ve built something they can market is huge. SeaWorld parks can use every bit of positive press they can get and this is huge. Not many rapids rides in the USA feature drops at all (I can think of 2 off the top of my head and both are at Disney parks) so it’s a unique feature they should market the hell out of. Even if it may bother some really dialed in people we have to remember we’re the minority here. Hope this helps SeaWorlds push towards a new direction.

Kozmo

Roller Poster
The fact that they’ve built something they can market is huge. SeaWorld parks can use every bit of positive press they can get and this is huge. Not many rapids rides in the USA feature drops at all (I can think of 2 off the top of my head and both are at Disney parks) so it’s a unique feature they should market the hell out of. Even if it may bother some really dialed in people we have to remember we’re the minority here. Hope this helps SeaWorlds push towards a new direction.
Exactly! I'm tired of people whining about it same goes for Busch gardens and the "over marketing" of Tigris like we didn't already know it was going to be a skyrocket..... Bring in the people over market it and get back on your feet

vaugc002

Mega Poster
Exactly! I'm tired of people whining about it same goes for Busch gardens and the "over marketing" of Tigris like we didn't already know it was going to be a skyrocket..... Bring in the people over market it and get back on your feet
People like me? :emoji_grimacing: Don't get me wrong, it's a solid new ride but I just wasn't sure it was all that unique and stand-out.
From a marketing standpoint though I totally get it now - I forgot this was a SeaWorld attraction and boy could they do with some good PR haha

Kozmo

Roller Poster
I don't really have a retort to your sarcasm....... But what I will say is infinity falls looks amazing and will bring in people no matter what anyone says.

Ethan

Strata Poster
The ride itself is nothing new or original, you can't dispute that as it's not really an opinion. I do however think it was a good move for the park, and it also fills in a hole in their lineup.

Also, Midway Mayhem have posted a tour of the area now that the walls a down. Looks nice for Sea World's standard!

Kozmo

Roller Poster
I'm not at all disputing that I believe you.... It is new for Florida tho and that's all SeaWorld needs.... I just watched Dan's video earlier and everything looks fantastic I can't wait to actually get on it
Gonna get SOAKED!

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
*Linking in from what the general discussions that have been going on*

Ugh, see this is my problem with youtubers, I don't wanna have to sit through a 24 minute long video just to see updates on a ride. As soon as I see a link with a video over more than 5 minutes, it puts me right off, but TWENTY FOUR PRECIOUS MINUTES NO THANK YOU SIR.

I don't wanna hear someone talking to the camera as if they're talking to their "fans". It would be like me saying "Hey Crazycoaster fans! Welcome to my occasional forum comment" at the beginning of every single thing I post, because if you're reading this right now, you must be a fan of me right? **** off. I think I can physically feel myself becoming an old person that doesn't understand the younger generation every time a video starts and someone starts mouthing away as if we're here for them and not to look at rides.

I like forums because I can look at picture updates and discussions easily and at my own pace without narration. I'd like to look at a few pictures of Infinity Falls to see its progress and then move on. Is there a pictorial update out there anywhere?

Snoo

The Legend
*Linking in from what the general discussions that have been going on*

Ugh, see this is my problem with youtubers, I don't wanna have to sit through a 24 minute long video just to see updates on a ride. As soon as I see a link with a video over more than 5 minutes, it puts me right off, but TWENTY FOUR PRECIOUS MINUTES NO THANK YOU SIR.

I don't wanna hear someone talking to the camera as if they're talking to their "fans". It would be like me saying "Hey Crazycoaster fans! Welcome to my occasional forum comment" at the beginning of every single thing I post, because if you're reading this right now, you must be a fan of me right? :emoji_zipper_mouth: off. I think I can physically feel myself becoming an old person that doesn't understand the younger generation every time a video starts and someone starts mouthing away as if we're here for them and not to look at rides.

I like forums because I can look at picture updates and discussions easily and at my own pace without narration. I'd like to look at a few pictures of Infinity Falls to see its progress and then move on. Is there a pictorial update out there anywhere?

Funny story actually..

https://www.facebook.com/pg/MidwayMayhem/photos/?tab=album&album_id=2198182717094001

I will say that Midway Mayhem tends to be one of the better ones out there in comparison. Yeah, still a vlogger, but his FB updates are top notch.

Pear

Strata Poster
Yeah I like Midway Mayhem's content usually. I just skip in the video to the parts I want to see and their photo updates are fantastic. I met Dan at Sea World in August and he's a very nice guy in person.

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
^^ Thanks!

It does look like a nice ride, I don't think I've seen a rapids ride with three seperate lifts before, so the drops and dips etc should be pretty substantial! I can't quite figure out what their going for with the aesthetic, is there a theme to the ride?

vaugc002

Mega Poster
I don't really have a retort to your sarcasm....... But what I will say is infinity falls looks amazing and will bring in people no matter what anyone says.
I'm not being sarcastic - I'm calling you out for calling my critique of a ride 'moaning'... This is a forum for ride enthusiasts and we don't all have to have the same opinion.
I actually acquiesced r.e the marketing discussion and agreed with you that they need to market something like this more than ever due to their negative press.

It'll be a nice solid ride and is a good move by the park at this time.