What's new

Sea World San Antonio | Texas Stingray | Wooden Coaster

MakoMania

Mega Poster
^I wouldn't read too much into the fences, the construction site is directly opposite the new Turtle Reef exhibit. Nothing to say that it won't be tied to Turtles though!

TMCoasters

Mega Poster
If we can get a race between Fiesta Texas and Sea World, I would happily drive my ass the 5 hours to whore out until SFOT gets anything of substance.

The wood in TX is pretty trash, so give us something to enjoy for 5 years before the humidity ravages it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Not sure what you mean, Boardwalk Bullet is in fantastic shape! One of my all time favorite wooden coasters.

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
I also believe this will be a GCI, as I've heard some people claiming that this will recycle the other set of Gwazi's trains - the first pair were reused in 2017 on InvadR at Busch Gardens Williamsburg.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Is there anyone who is able to distinguish the difference between a GCI and a GG, structurally-wise? Also, what did they actually refurbish from Gwazi's trains on InvadR? Just the chassis and then new themed shells?

Tomatron

Giga Poster
^GCI's projects before they started building their rides with Millennium Flyers in mind were all rough as. Gwazi was awful, and Wildcat and Roar aren't much better. Thankfully after they left the PTC trains behind they've made some great coasters.

All logic points to this being a GCI. Invadr has worked well for Busch Gardens Williamsburg, and there's no reason for them to suddenly switch to another manufacturer for this project.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
^GCI's projects before they started building their rides with Millennium Flyers in mind were all rough as. Gwazi was awful, and Wildcat and Roar aren't much better. Thankfully after they left the PTC trains behind they've made some great coasters.

All logic points to this being a GCI. Invadr has worked well for Busch Gardens Williamsburg, and there's no reason for them to suddenly switch to another manufacturer for this project.
They did work with Gravity Group for Oscar's Wacky Taxi though. I do agree though, that this will likely be a GCI.

Jcoasters

Mega Poster

No, I know, Gwazi was awful when I rode it. Also, to be fair, their early designs with Millenium Flyer's are worse as well.

Last edited:

Tomatron

Giga Poster
No, I know, Gwazi was awful when I rode it. Also, to be fair, their early designs with Millenium Flyer's are worse as well.

I wouldn't say that about them. I've done every GCI built up to 2010 that's still standing, and as long as they are looked after, they are absolutely fine. Lightning Racer is nearly 20 years old and still gives a great ride. Kentucky Rumbler is the exception here, that is rough as a badger's backside.

SeaWorld on the whole are very good at looking after their rides, and they have to be more than ever now as they move away from their large animal based attractions over time.

MakoMania

Mega Poster
Don't normally like posting links to video updates, but in this one you can see that what looks like the lift hill has started to go up. Interestingly it is on the other side of the site than on the concept art from the leak. Probably a good move as the lift is now much further away from the Killer Whales.

Update really starts at about 1:20

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Here is a construction update of the coaster by Nick Dee3. The coaster is getting pretty tall!

What I have deducted from the video is that this will be a GCI, due to the bents for the final brake run being slanted, which GCI have a reputation for. GG brake runs have no banking (are flat). Also, the foundations for what I believe will be the maintenance shed are being poured, but it doesn't seem wide enough to accommodate more than one train in maintenance, meaning the coaster will likely only run two trains.

Last edited: