What's new

Sea World San Antonio | Texas Stingray | Wooden Coaster

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
I think the first drop and turn look kind of dull tbh, but I think the ride will really shine towards the end, with lots of turns and nice transitions.
This coaster seems to deviate from GCI's mold of doing twisted drops and curvy layouts in general, and because of this rather significant difference I believe that they're going to try for a more traditional wooden coaster approach on this ride. It could be a sign of change for them, who knows... that being said, though, it's not like any of their unique preexisting layouts weren't great already!

This coaster seems to deviate from GCI's mold of doing twisted drops and curvy layouts in general, and because of this rather significant difference I believe that they're going to try for a more traditional wooden coaster approach on this ride. It could be a sign of change for them, who knows... that being said, though, it's not like any of their unique preexisting layouts weren't great already!
Defo gives me vibes of Invadr

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I wasnt paying attention to this ride at all, but from that brief snippet of advert/teaser I'm actually quite impressed by the size of it.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
"Tallest and fastest wooden coaster in Texas"? Should be two easy records to grab after Texas Giant and Rattler were RMC'd. They are now both held by Boardwalk Bullet, which barely reaches 29 meters tall and 82 km/h.

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
We've got a leak! (Courtesy of Destination Thrills on Instagram)
69398573_512513309527278_6605321407832131288_n.jpg

To be honest, this coaster is shaping up to be the sleeper hit of 2020. While everyone's very excited about Pantheon, RMC Gwazi, Jersey Devil and Orion, many seem to be keeping quiet about this unique new GCI. It's quite a drastic change from their typical mold of twisted drops, curvy layouts and lack of airtime hills.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
To me this looks like if InvadR and Prowler had a lovechild. First half looks alright but I reckon that the second one, going through the structure and trees, might provide a great return leg. I am glad to see GCI still kicking after being overshadowed by RMC (and to some extend by GG).

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Wow, this actually looks like a great ride! It's clear that it will be filled with a ton of GCI's signature directional changes and airtime in the transitions. As many have already mentioned, it does look like it'll take a bit to get going, but once the ride hits that transition in the third incline, it's really going to shine.

Jcoasters

Mega Poster
I think the first half actually looks pretty fun! The drop seems to have a slight bump right before the positives, which should be really fun in the backrow. You'll be floating, gradually speeding up, then bam! Little ejector pop, and you're slammed down into your seat.

The first turnaround seems to have good floater, and that little quick transition which will probably provide some interesting flojector/laterals in the front.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Construction is coming on nicely! They're at least 25% done with construction:-

Video by Nick Dee3.

The coaster only features one maintenance bay so it will run two trains. Both of them will likely have come from Gwazi.