What's new

Silver Dollar City | Time Traveler | Mack Looping Launched Spinner

Lofty

CF Legend
Swoosh, you tried to correct me on my post about a Mack Extreme Spinner and now you're saying it isn't one? **** off.

Lofty

CF Legend
Swoosh has been consistent all along, talking about a custom Mack.
What's that got to do with anything? I'm aiming this at the fact Swoosh was trying to correct me about it being a potential Mack Xtreme Spinner by quoting my dialogue with another member, so, yeah.

Swoosh

Mega Poster
Swoosh, you tried to correct me on my post about a Mack Extreme Spinner and now you're saying it isn't one? :emoji_zipper_mouth: off.

I only stated you were incorrect on this being a standard model which you for some reason felt the need to keep droning on about.

I have not confirmed or denied that this a spinner only that it is being built by Mack and will be a custom design.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
I only stated you were incorrect on this being a standard model which you for some reason felt the need to keep droning on about.
He said that he thinks it won't be the IAAPA model, as this quote shows...
I don't doubt it, at all in fact.
He's saying that a company, despite having the resources and money, won't immediately go for a custom layout to a new model. If a layout was shown at IAAPA, chances are that a company would buy that one first instead of a custom one. Yes, this project is probably not the model shown at IAAPA, but the comment was not saying that it WILL be a Mack Xtreme Spinner, but rather IF they got one. Like you said, they probably won't, but IF they got one, they'd probably go for the shown model, not a custom one. If Mack already has a model out there, why waste resources trying to work the same system into a new layout? especially if it uses the terrain?

I hope this helps. We are almost certain it's not the IAAPA model, but that is not what the comment was conveying.

Lofty

CF Legend
^ Yeah, you've literally hit the nail on the head with what I was trying to write and have tried to explain since. Although I may as well talk to the wall.

Swoosh

Mega Poster
The "wall" is back with an update. More footers and some interesting new land formations (terraces?)
http://tinyurl.com/SDC2018-dec2016

Other information heard through the grapevine: (of course everything is "rumor" until the park releases information)
- Supplier: Mack
- Coaster Type: Launched Spinner with Inversions
- Train: 4 carts with 4 passengers per cart
- Inversions: 3-4
- Other elements: subterrain tunnels and numerous crossovers of ThuNderaTion
As reported before, parts are on site. Nothing will go vertical until the park closes for the season. What I found interesting is that the parts are arriving at the park in only primer colors and the park is actually painting them on site. There is a huge tent where this taking place in the employee parking lot.

Lofty

CF Legend
It'll be interesting to see if it is in fact a spinner. Mainly because it just doesn't fit for me, at all. The park has incredible scenery, they're bothering with tunnels and obviously there's some fantastic terrain too, so I don't understand why the park would actually bother to add spinning cars so the viewpoint and experience for the guests would be blurry. Look at their other coasters, each one of them fully utilises what I said above, so I can't see them breaking tradition and just lobbing in a spinning car because they can?

Lofty

CF Legend
I actually quite like it - if it's done in a semi steampunk/The Time Machine way, it'll work so well.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Lofty gets it. It could be brilliant, so I'm being optimistic.

I mean, Wildfire is close to the steampunk-esque feel and I think it does it quite well, so I have hope they can pull this off.

Swoosh

Mega Poster
Looks like more of a "snake-oil" salesman conartist theme then a steampunk theme.

Attachments

• 6314ADCC-1655-487E-B2E8-B0A21B47BC96-8312-00000A2211BCBE61_tmp.jpg
    6314ADCC-1655-487E-B2E8-B0A21B47BC96-8312-00000A2211BCBE61_tmp.jpg
    376.8 KB · Views: 99

Swoosh

Mega Poster
I agree the theme will be interesting and a welcome addition to the park. I'm holding out opinion on the spinning nature of the coaster. Cobra's Curse was a lot of fun.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
So they are doing mock theming aka Six Flags level theming. Not a bad play.

Reading that concept makes it sound more interesting than "Time Traveler" by itself without substance. Now I want a layout.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Tomatron

Giga Poster
I really like this idea. There's a lot of products they could have chosen to fit the bill for the sort of ride they're going for. Family suspended coaster, vertical drop track coaster etc etc.

They've gone for a ride which will be unique, reliable and will have a great back story and excellent theming.