What's new

Scw55's Thread. Planet Coaster Calls (18-11-17)

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
It's the end of an era isn't it? But nonetheless, the start of a new one I'm really excited for. I think I'll finish one last project on Rct3 and then get Planet Coaster over Christmas.
Enjoy yourself - it looks fab!

Hopefully this can drum up as much enthusiasm as its predecessor did - I really miss the old community we used to have on here. Times have changed (it's crazy to think I'm at University now), but I've lost none of my enthusiasm for building coasters. See you over on the Planet Coaster forums! :)

scw55

Hyper Poster
It's frightful how talented the current extended community is.
My friend, who is a RCT design virgin (he only played for fun; he never went into design,) is vomiting some beautiful work. The game encourages you to use scenery well.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197997008069/screenshots/
This is me trying to get back into where I was. I feel like I am wrestling with the new system, but it gets easier as I keep using it. The terrain tool is lovely. You can now just build a coaster and terrain around it, and it will look fine. Before you had to terrain and then coaster.
-----------------
If you are going to get this game, I have one piece of advice. Expect to be bad at the game and be overwhelmed. But that is OK. You are so accustomed to RCT3 that beginning this game will be such a dramatic shift. You'll then begin to see the wonderful quality-of-life changes. But don't worry about being overwhelmed. I recommend playing the career modes just so you can get used to the UI. The first three maps gently guides you to consider various features of the game.